Who is the strongest person ever in o...
AmericanFamilyFi tness1

Granite City, IL

#62 Nov 24, 2010
gcwrestler66 wrote:
I completly agree with you 400bench. To AFFitness get a life go and argue with someone else. You are way with your argument. I dont know Tanks Facility but have heard of Chris Janek. Have heard that he is strong. After seeeing the video WOW!!!!!!! Crazy have never heard of anything like that before. Wonder if that is close to some world records?
Quit being a hater!!!!!!!!!! Since Janek is sooooooooo strong he should invite our crew to his "great/lol" place to show us how to lift lololololololololol
jpt

Granite City, IL

#63 Nov 25, 2010
Rick is 40 and a great guy!!!
gcwrestler66 wrote:
I think most the guys i named are in the upper40's to 50's in age. I always remember going to the YMCA and seeing them putting up crazy weights. Miss the old YMCA it was the best place to train.

“Honest 1”

Since: Feb 09

Good ole GC

#64 Nov 25, 2010
GCTeen wrote:
Tim Odom and His Brother Randy Odom. And Their sons Tim (Jr) and Randy (Jr) Odom.
No doubt! Nobody messed with them...Still don't!
Terrible Teen

United States

#65 Nov 25, 2010
I would say the strongest man is whoever can lift the BrownEyedWondercow off her ass and into her pick up truck. Anyone who could lift that much dead weight must be strong.
gcwrestler66

Granite City, IL

#66 Nov 26, 2010
Browneyes4u wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt! Nobody messed with them...Still don't!
Messing with them or not messing with them does not make them strong. Can you please give some info as to how they should hold the label "strongest in the area ever"??
2breal

United States

#69 Nov 30, 2010
Somebody Near By wrote:
<quoted text>
Kenny Dowdy is my second cousin, im related to all the dowdys from my moms side you may know my mom teresa rainey.
What ever happend to my buddy Mark?
2breal

United States

#71 Nov 30, 2010
Sorry to hear that. When I was a kid I use to eat diner over at their house a lot, their mom was always so nice to me.
gcwrestler66

Granite City, IL

#72 Dec 2, 2010
Just heard that Randy Presswood passed some of his strength onto his son. His son recently just won some national weightlifting competition.
Anyone know Randy Presswood? And if he is still lifting or what his son did at the last comp?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#73 Dec 2, 2010
We should have a strong man competeion. Something put together in a family friendly way. That would be so great for young boys. I recently found out that from the sixth grade on the school only have P.E. every other week. Thats crazy. There are alot of gyms in our town and some pretty good guys in all of them. Something to think about.
Yum

Jerseyville, IL

#74 Dec 2, 2010
-YUM- wrote:
We should have a strong man competeion. Something put together in a family friendly way. That would be so great for young boys. I recently found out that from the sixth grade on the school only have P.E. every other week. Thats crazy. There are alot of gyms in our town and some pretty good guys in all of them. Something to think about.
I second that !
400 Bench

Saint Louis, MO

#75 Dec 2, 2010
gcwrestler66 wrote:
Just heard that Randy Presswood passed some of his strength onto his son. His son recently just won some national weightlifting competition.
Anyone know Randy Presswood? And if he is still lifting or what his son did at the last comp?
http://www.southernpowerlifting.com/contest_r...

Randy still lifts...I don't believe he competes but he coaches his son
Mrs Ian Darr

De Soto, KS

#77 Dec 29, 2010
Ian Darr is the strongest! And all that doubt this... we will be laughing when Ian takes the title of WORLDS STRONGEST MAN! He will CONQUER ALL!
400 Bench

Saint Louis, MO

#78 Dec 30, 2010
Mrs Ian Darr wrote:
Ian Darr is the strongest! And all that doubt this... we will be laughing when Ian takes the title of WORLDS STRONGEST MAN! He will CONQUER ALL!
delusion /de·lu·sion/(d&#277;-loo´z hun) an idiosyncratic false belief that is firmly maintained in spite of incontrovertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary.delu´sional
cupcake

Arnold, MO

#79 Dec 30, 2010
400 bench wow, I wonder how long it took you to find an appropriate response to so called mrs. darrs comment. I hear Ian lifts almost completely raw whereas Janek lifts equipped(which mkes a huge difference). I also know that they both lift in two different types of sports therefore judging the two of them in general is not fair. There are sure to be certain things that each of them would excel at such as squat possibly for janek but in overhead press to Ian and so forth (although i hear Ians raw squat is something to behold.) So therefore I think that between the two of them Janek and Darr it should be called a draw since there is no way of knowing for certain who is stronger.
AbusedbyAuthorit y

United States

#80 Dec 31, 2010
Good call 400bench :)
AbusedbyAuthorit y

United States

#81 Dec 31, 2010
There are depths to strength in my book :) Is this discussion only based on judging someone by their physical strength? Does mental, emotional, and total self control count as a source of strength here as well?
greek

Arnold, MO

#82 Dec 31, 2010
it seems as if only physical strength is being judged here. You have a book? well then since your an expert lets hear your opinion AbusedbyAuthority. And 400bench I dont see where there is incontrovertible and obvious proof or any evidence to the contrary. So please enlighten us with your supreme knowledge of the subject of strength the two of you, especially considering that neither of you probably even actually know the two gentlemen being discussed.
AbusedbyAuthorit y

United States

#83 Dec 31, 2010
With all due respect, Greek, I apologize if I've offended you, but I was not commenting about those gentlemen in particular or I would have said their names. I should have stated more clearly that my statement referred to "400bench's" definitional statement, when I said "good call" because it made me think and inspired me to write a little here and there is all. No strife intended :)
AbusedbyAuthorit y

United States

#84 Dec 31, 2010
My other comment was because I was thinking of people as having more than one level of strength. I didn't mean physical was any less important, just that even those who appear weak on one a physical level may very well be the strongest on another.
AbusedbyAuthorit y

United States

#85 Dec 31, 2010
I have to work on making myself clearer to the audience in 2011 :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What were some of the names of tugh guys in Gra... (Jul '09) 1 hr Losers 561
Trump saving even more jobs at new plant 3 hr Laughing at the P... 1
Aaron Webb 5 hr Curious 19
Billy Walker is a POS 6 hr Grim reaper 17
mikey cuvar 7 hr Iamcoming 19
Carrier to keep jobs in USA 8 hr RAIN 16
Prenzler swearing in 10 hr Mitch 6

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granite City Mortgages