Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

The Lone Gunmen

United States

#34890 Jul 27, 2012
Gay ‘marriage’ in high demand? Not according to the U.S. census

Wed Oct 05, 2011 14:39 EST
Comments (2)

October 5, 2011 - The pressure to redefine marriage to include same-sex couples keeps increasing. The impression is given that thousands upon thousands of gays and lesbians are unable to do the one thing they want to do more than anything else: That is, have a wedding.

As if to prove the point, the US Census Bureau announced that it would be counting same-sex households in the 2010 Census. In August the Bureau announced that there are nearly a million. I was surprised by the small number.

But this past week, they reduced their estimate of same sex couple households by nearly thirty percent. In fact, it turns out that there are fewer than 650,000. That’s about six tenths of one percent of total US households.

But an even greater shocker for me was the number of same-sex married households. Gay marriage is legal in six jurisdictions. In Massachusetts, it’s been the law since 2004. Same-sex couples can get married, for example, in Massachusetts and Washington, DC, and live anywhere because nobody’s enforcing DOMA anymore in view of litigation. And yet there are only 131,729 households headed by married same-sex couples. That’s two-tenths of one percent of married households. Talk about the tail wagging the dog!

This census data exposes the two biggest myths created about gay marriage.

The first is that there’s a huge demand for it. No way! In fact, there’s hardly any demand at all. Gay couples are not lined up at city halls hoping for a marriage license.

The second myth is the so-called “marriage equity” argument: That this is just another civil rights movement. Are you going to tell me that it was possible to fuel the civil rights movement with 646,000 couples, when only 131,000 had a real stake in it? It’s laughable.

I have never believed that gays wanted to marry. Their behavior by its very nature is too promiscuous. Gay relationships are for the most part sexually open rather than exclusive.

For us to redefine marriage, thereby altering thousands of years of human history, ignoring all of the benefits marriage offers to individuals, cultures, civilizations and — above all — children, for the sake of 646,000 same-sex households, only 131,000 of which are married, is madness.

Gays and lesbians don’t want marriage; they want their sexual choices affirmed as normal and moral. And that’s what’s behind the blacklisting, boycotting, and suing anybody who even questions homosexuality. They don’t want anyone telling them that how they live is morally problematic. Gays are actively trying to destroy marriage and will take away our freedom of speech and religion in order to do it.

Does this take the church off the hook? No. For years we have helped deconstruct marriage, winking at cohabitation and allowing easy divorce. We’ve allowed politicians to pass bad divorce laws and to loosen the moral standards surrounding marriage. Now it’s all coming back to haunt us. But our job is to rebuild marriage as a sacred institution and to stand our ground and defend it, come what may, from what appears to be a tiny minority.
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lovely, though it still has no bearing on my civil union.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#34891 Jul 27, 2012
The Lone Gunmen wrote:
...
<quoted text>
Troll droppings (copy and paste).
Cool Hand Luke

Wilmington, DE

#34893 Jul 27, 2012
Hmmmm? Why Not?

.
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll droppings (copy and paste).

Since: Mar 12

O Fallon, MO

#34894 Jul 27, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
you are definitely misreading my intentions.
what i wrote is directly from the torah, and from discussing the issue with rabbinical scholars. i cannot, and will not give you 'chapter, page and verse' simply because it only encourages too many people to take things out of context. what i will do is to encourage you to study. i don't believe that i am 'high and mighty'.
i'll make you another deal, if you register with topix and select a name that i can call you by in private messages i'll be happy to share with you what i've learned over the past decades. the problem with discussing things of this nature on the thread is that it bogs down the thread and distracts the discussion from what it is supposed to be about
What is the topic thread about that we are not discussing here? The entire issue with homosexuality not syncing up with heterosexuality rests solely
on the teachings in the Bible and yes also the Torah. Also how can we discuss verses from such vast books if chapter and paragraph are not referenced.? I call bullshit on you ! I believe you are very intelligent and very insecure and dishonest in what you say you know. I have compassion for you and believe no human can find happiness until they find peace within themselves. May God Bless you and help you.
Obama

Romeoville, IL

#34895 Jul 27, 2012
You have to love the CEO of Chick-Fil-A the homo's go nuts over any offensive comment.In the mean time he is making record profits while the homo's collect unemployment.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34896 Jul 27, 2012
ProCCW wrote:
<quoted text>What is the topic thread about that we are not discussing here? The entire issue with homosexuality not syncing up with heterosexuality rests solely
on the teachings in the Bible and yes also the Torah. Also how can we discuss verses from such vast books if chapter and paragraph are not referenced.? I call bullshit on you ! I believe you are very intelligent and very insecure and dishonest in what you say you know. I have compassion for you and believe no human can find happiness until they find peace within themselves. May God Bless you and help you.
actually you are incredibly wrong on every point that you try to make in this post... thank you for your benediction, however.

may the peace of the lord disturb you

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#34897 Jul 27, 2012
ProCCW wrote:
<quoted text>What is the topic thread about that we are not discussing here? The entire issue with homosexuality not syncing up with heterosexuality rests solely
on the teachings in the Bible and yes also the Torah. Also how can we discuss verses from such vast books if chapter and paragraph are not referenced.? I call bullshit on you ! I believe you are very intelligent and very insecure and dishonest in what you say you know. I have compassion for you and believe no human can find happiness until they find peace within themselves. May God Bless you and help you.
I'm going to play the "bull-shit" card, because religious teachings have nothing to do with civil unions, or gay marriage.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34900 Jul 28, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
actually you are incredibly wrong on every point that you try to make in this post... thank you for your benediction, however.
may the peace of the lord disturb you
I agree he was incredibly wrong about you being very intelligent...

Were you getting a drink when I post a response to your gay copy/paste?

Since: Mar 12

O Fallon, MO

#34901 Jul 28, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to play the "bull-shit" card, because religious teachings have nothing to do with civil unions, or gay marriage.
Ahh we are in agreement
Bubba

United States

#34902 Jul 28, 2012
After I blow my business in the bum bum I like to pull it out fast so I can hear a nice long fart fart sound!!
angry old man

West Palm Beach, FL

#34903 Jul 28, 2012
victor wrote:
Buttfucking each other (2 males of course !) is so natural and beautiful! Why cant PEOPLE just understand that??? This beautiful union should be taught in all schools..children should understand the beauty and how natural it is!
You are nothing but a troll!! I can promise you this troll: If and when you have a son, the day he turns 18 I will be the first to pound him deep and hard! He will be on his knees worshiping me daily! You understand moron??
123abc

Waterloo, IL

#34904 Jul 28, 2012
?
Sad

Braidwood, IL

#34905 Jul 28, 2012
How about we keep track of the divorce, alimony, child custody problem percentages. Omg then they won"t seem so special!
Never Shall Be Equal

Waterloo, IL

#34906 Jul 28, 2012
The Lone Gunmen wrote:
Gay ‘marriage’ in high demand? Not according to the U.S. census
Wed Oct 05, 2011 14:39 EST
Comments (2)
October 5, 2011 - The pressure to redefine marriage to include same-sex couples keeps increasing. The impression is given that thousands upon thousands of gays and lesbians are unable to do the one thing they want to do more than anything else: That is, have a wedding.
As if to prove the point, the US Census Bureau announced that it would be counting same-sex households in the 2010 Census. In August the Bureau announced that there are nearly a million. I was surprised by the small number.
But this past week, they reduced their estimate of same sex couple households by nearly thirty percent. In fact, it turns out that there are fewer than 650,000. That’s about six tenths of one percent of total US households.
But an even greater shocker for me was the number of same-sex married households. Gay marriage is legal in six jurisdictions. In Massachusetts, it’s been the law since 2004. Same-sex couples can get married, for example, in Massachusetts and Washington, DC, and live anywhere because nobody’s enforcing DOMA anymore in view of litigation. And yet there are only 131,729 households headed by married same-sex couples. That’s two-tenths of one percent of married households. Talk about the tail wagging the dog!
This census data exposes the two biggest myths created about gay marriage.
The first is that there’s a huge demand for it. No way! In fact, there’s hardly any demand at all. Gay couples are not lined up at city halls hoping for a marriage license.
The second myth is the so-called “marriage equity” argument: That this is just another civil rights movement. Are you going to tell me that it was possible to fuel the civil rights movement with 646,000 couples, when only 131,000 had a real stake in it? It’s laughable.
I have never believed that gays wanted to marry. Their behavior by its very nature is too promiscuous. Gay relationships are for the most part sexually open rather than exclusive.
For us to redefine marriage, thereby altering thousands of years of human history, ignoring all of the benefits marriage offers to individuals, cultures, civilizations and — above all — children, for the sake of 646,000 same-sex households, only 131,000 of which are married, is madness.
Gays and lesbians don’t want marriage; they want their sexual choices affirmed as normal and moral. And that’s what’s behind the blacklisting, boycotting, and suing anybody who even questions homosexuality. They don’t want anyone telling them that how they live is morally problematic. Gays are actively trying to destroy marriage and will take away our freedom of speech and religion in order to do it.
Does this take the church off the hook? No. For years we have helped deconstruct marriage, winking at cohabitation and allowing easy divorce. We’ve allowed politicians to pass bad divorce laws and to loosen the moral standards surrounding marriage. Now it’s all coming back to haunt us. But our job is to rebuild marriage as a sacred institution and to stand our ground and defend it, come what may, from what appears to be a tiny minority.
<quoted text>
I agree that gays do not "really" want marriage as marriage is
defined (by law). Of course it cannot be "Bibacal Marrige" if you
can read you can clearly see this is a fact.
I believe that they feel the need to FIGHT - CUSS - SCREAM- AND
RAISE ALL MANNER OF HELL, because they know that their lifesyle is
wrong. Somehow in their minds if they can make enough people except
their way of life as "normal" they will be "okay". They will be just like the hetro couples. Of course this will NEVER HAPPEN not in a MILLION YEARS. You cannot fight nature the natural order of how GOD MEANS things to be. Sure you can scream and yell and beat
your head against a stone wall if that is what you feel you need to
do.. BY ALL MEANS GO AHEAD AMUSE US WITH YOUR EVER FAILING FIGHT
Never Shall Be Equal

Waterloo, IL

#34907 Jul 28, 2012
You will never be thought of as equal your "Civil
Unions" will always be a joke. You will never be given the right to "Marriage" in the legal sense
never in the "Bibical Sense".
If you can read you know this already, no amount of screaming no amount of lawsuits or court cases will change these things. You can fight it all you want as long as you want what God has ordained you
cannot undo. However, we will gladly set back and watch you do you best to try, knowing full well in the end you lose.
I know, this is the part where you tell me I am an evel hater of gays. Sorry, you to ruin you day, I do not hate any group or anyone. I just happen to be one for speaking the truth. Like it or not this is the truth you lose in the end because you are in the wrong on this issue.
Your next words will be (Oh and you meaning me, get to decide what is "right or wrong", "no I do not God does". No it does not matter if you believe in him or not he is still God and he is stil the one who has the SAY SO IN ALL MATTERS.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#34908 Jul 28, 2012
Never Shall Be Equal wrote:
You will never be thought of as equal your "Civil
Unions" will always be a joke. You will never be given the right to "Marriage" in the legal sense
never in the "Bibical Sense".
If you can read you know this already, no amount of screaming no amount of lawsuits or court cases will change these things. You can fight it all you want as long as you want what God has ordained you
cannot undo. However, we will gladly set back and watch you do you best to try, knowing full well in the end you lose.
I know, this is the part where you tell me I am an evel hater of gays. Sorry, you to ruin you day, I do not hate any group or anyone. I just happen to be one for speaking the truth. Like it or not this is the truth you lose in the end because you are in the wrong on this issue.
Your next words will be (Oh and you meaning me, get to decide what is "right or wrong", "no I do not God does". No it does not matter if you believe in him or not he is still God and he is stil the one who has the SAY SO IN ALL MATTERS.
your right christardo's with never be even equal to free thinking humans with at least an IQ of 4.... they will forever toil in an IQ of 3 or less... sad
Lilith Speaking

Waterloo, IL

#34909 Jul 28, 2012
Oh you think that you can flatter me with sweet names, how cute. Yes this is (Never shall be equal) or Lilith, or whatever you choose to call me Jezebel, happens to be one of my all time fav's it seems to be one that you fags fall back on when you feel the NEED TO GET DOWN AND DIRTY, when just
talking mean YOU LOSE GROUND SO FAST you PANIC.
Wow and it did not take you "limp dick" long to push the "PANIC BUTTON" did it? To resort to name calling so now that I have shown you I can get right down in the dirt with you how about you get up out of the dirt and pretend you have some human communication skills .. I am betting you cannot do so..

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#34910 Jul 28, 2012
Lilith Speaking wrote:
Oh you think that you can flatter me with sweet names, how cute. Yes this is (Never shall be equal) or Lilith, or whatever you choose to call me Jezebel, happens to be one of my all time fav's it seems to be one that you fags fall back on when you feel the NEED TO GET DOWN AND DIRTY, when just
talking mean YOU LOSE GROUND SO FAST you PANIC.
Wow and it did not take you "limp dick" long to push the "PANIC BUTTON" did it? To resort to name calling so now that I have shown you I can get right down in the dirt with you how about you get up out of the dirt and pretend you have some human communication skills .. I am betting you cannot do so..
Awwwwwwwwwwwwhhh what a shame low IQ fucktard christardo... i'm not nor ever have been gay.... But I am a fulltime stripper and escort in Seattle and make nore tax free dollars thru you know hetero sex drool then you make in two years
Mother Mary

Waterloo, IL

#34911 Jul 28, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>Awwwwwwwwwwwwhhh what a shame low IQ fucktard christardo... i'm not nor ever have been gay.... But I am a fulltime stripper and escort in Seattle and make nore tax free dollars thru you know hetero sex drool then you make in two years
I'll just bet you do, which proves just about how high your IQ is and just about what you are worth in real value. So keep those leg raised up in the air and keep on ___ ing all the men you can, while they will still have you, because you are going to need ever one of those "tax free dollars". Meanwhile I will be here in my home with my husband not having to work a single day in the last 27 years having had a man, who takes care of me and my two (now grown children)who are now out on their own. BTW do not bet you last paying "john" that you make more money "tax free or no" than my hubby makes in two years. XXXXOOOOOOOO
ROTFLMAO

Waterloo, IL

#34912 Jul 28, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>Awwwwwwwwwwwwhhh what a shame low IQ fucktard christardo... i'm not nor ever have been gay.... But I am a fulltime stripper and escort in Seattle and make nore tax free dollars thru you know hetero sex drool then you make in two years
this is your reply to Lililth OMG kill me now you have the low iq

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
na na na nah na na na nah, hey hey goodbye 2 hr chester 5
Tabetha riggs 2 hr Tabetha 26
Lascelles Granite City 3 hr Smdh 10
kristy ryder (Oct '13) 5 hr Hoodrat 33
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 5 hr -Prince- 3,010
Funny!! Word association game. (Oct '15) 5 hr -Prince- 241
R.I.P Brandon Caple 5 hr GC TPT 24
Holly Rorie is going to prison 9 hr mahz 253

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granite City Mortgages