Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52086 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#32836 May 14, 2012
Ill Approves Same Sex Civil-Unions
Tell me how this topic has become the most degrading topic on here? I don't believe this topic was meant for everyone to be so disgusting. I am talking to everyone who lowers themselves to discuss sexual acts. All of you sound like a bunch of 13 year old kids discussing sex acts. I don't know how this topic has got this far, but you people really need help. I am not talking to the people who do not engage in these discussions. I wish the moderator was doing their job. From what I have seen this topic has been closed, the majority of the people on here are just a bunch of nasty perverts, straight and gay who like to argue about the way you do it. I don't see how the ones who originally started this topic can stomach how it has became. Why do any of you argue with someone who does or does not agree, when they act like a lower class, illiterate idiot? Why are you wasting your time on them, it only makes the other person look bad. Maybe it is time you all look back and reread this topic from the beginning to the end. It has became so vulgar and shameful. Why do you think that some of the public has a problem with the gay community? Don't any of you get tired of this ? I don't know about anybody else, but I am tired of this argument being shoved in my face, rereading these posts confirms my opinion. This post should be rated R and not allow children to be able to read it. I find it sad how people have become so numb in acting this way. There are many people who get offended reading this stuff, if it doesn't offend you, maybe it is time you reevaluate your morality, mannerisms, whatever your grandmothers would not say or be around. What has this world become?.........
clue me in

United States

#32837 May 14, 2012
please explain the difference between a civil union and marriage. i do believe gay & lesbian couples should have the same rights i do as a married heterosexual. do civil unions insure the same rights as marriage or not?

“Free to buy cake”

Since: Jul 07

wherever I like.

#32838 May 14, 2012
clue me in wrote:
please explain the difference between a civil union and marriage. i do believe gay & lesbian couples should have the same rights i do as a married heterosexual. do civil unions insure the same rights as marriage or not?
No, they are not the same. We don't qualify for the 1400+ federal benefits that marriage affords. That will change, soon

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#32839 May 14, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
Ill Approves Same Sex Civil-Unions
Tell me how this topic has become the most degrading topic on here? I don't believe this topic was meant for everyone to be so disgusting. I am talking to everyone who lowers themselves to discuss sexual acts. All of you sound like a bunch of 13 year old kids discussing sex acts. I don't know how this topic has got this far, but you people really need help. I am not talking to the people who do not engage in these discussions. I wish the moderator was doing their job. From what I have seen this topic has been closed, the majority of the people on here are just a bunch of nasty perverts, straight and gay who like to argue about the way you do it. I don't see how the ones who originally started this topic can stomach how it has became. Why do any of you argue with someone who does or does not agree, when they act like a lower class, illiterate idiot? Why are you wasting your time on them, it only makes the other person look bad. Maybe it is time you all look back and reread this topic from the beginning to the end. It has became so vulgar and shameful. Why do you think that some of the public has a problem with the gay community? Don't any of you get tired of this ? I don't know about anybody else, but I am tired of this argument being shoved in my face, rereading these posts confirms my opinion. This post should be rated R and not allow children to be able to read it. I find it sad how people have become so numb in acting this way. There are many people who get offended reading this stuff, if it doesn't offend you, maybe it is time you reevaluate your morality, mannerisms, whatever your grandmothers would not say or be around. What has this world become?.........
Get off your moral high-horse. If kids are reading this, their parents aren't doing their job.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#32840 May 15, 2012
Speaking of horses...remember you and the ladder?
Awww Memories.
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off your moral high-horse. If kids are reading this, their parents aren't doing their job.

“Free to buy cake”

Since: Jul 07

wherever I like.

#32841 May 15, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
Ill Approves Same Sex Civil-Unions
Tell me how this topic has become the most degrading topic on here? I don't believe this topic was meant for everyone to be so disgusting. I am talking to everyone who lowers themselves to discuss sexual acts. All of you sound like a bunch of 13 year old kids discussing sex acts. I don't know how this topic has got this far, but you people really need help. I am not talking to the people who do not engage in these discussions. I wish the moderator was doing their job. From what I have seen this topic has been closed, the majority of the people on here are just a bunch of nasty perverts, straight and gay who like to argue about the way you do it. I don't see how the ones who originally started this topic can stomach how it has became. Why do any of you argue with someone who does or does not agree, when they act like a lower class, illiterate idiot? Why are you wasting your time on them, it only makes the other person look bad. Maybe it is time you all look back and reread this topic from the beginning to the end. It has became so vulgar and shameful. Why do you think that some of the public has a problem with the gay community? Don't any of you get tired of this ? I don't know about anybody else, but I am tired of this argument being shoved in my face, rereading these posts confirms my opinion. This post should be rated R and not allow children to be able to read it. I find it sad how people have become so numb in acting this way. There are many people who get offended reading this stuff, if it doesn't offend you, maybe it is time you reevaluate your morality, mannerisms, whatever your grandmothers would not say or be around. What has this world become?.........
If you've been lurking for long, you'll know that the trolls/haters in the room are the ones who go into vivid technicolor regarding various sex acts that they like to imagine two men, or two women, engaging in. I've yet to see any other person discuss details of sexual mechanics, other than to defend a position or disprove an allegation.

If you continue to be offended by what you read, you should consider the source and/or consider opting out of the thread.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#32842 May 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are not a requirement for marriage. They are a key identity of marriage though. 96% of marriages in fact.
Why do children bother you?
Where did I say children bother me? Oh, that's right.... in your paranoid delusion.

"They are a key identity of marriage though." Is that supposed to mean anything other than a demonstration of your inability to form a well reasoned argument? Procreation is NOT and never has been a requirement for marriage. PERIOD. Now go ahead.... make up some more whiney sound bites that proves your stupidity.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#32844 May 15, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off your moral high-horse. If kids are reading this, their parents aren't doing their job.
Evidently, you don't have children or have never raised them, or you would know that 13 on up are very sneaky, and have access to go on other peoples computers. Anyone can have children, but you have to raise them, and be active in their lives to know what they do. Now, you would know this if you had teenagers in your house, you have to give them some space, and in that time you hope they pick and do the right thing. This topic for a teenager is a porno dream. Heck you guys are probably talking to a teenager and you don't even know it. Someone on this page needs to be on a moral high horse so to speak, this topic is getting out of hand. The moderator needs to be fired for not doing their job. Just because you seem not to care about others feelings you need to get off of your high horse! My message was not just to gay people it was to straight also, get that right. When people start talking about sexual acts you got a problem. THat is not about civil marriage. Does a man and a woman who marry talk about their sex lives, hardly ever, unless they are writing a book. I am sure the man who got this started did not intend for this site to become so degrading to mankind. What are you twentish?
I wish the President would read this site. Maybe someone should send him this and see if he doesn't start back tracking so his children don't see this crap. Or even better maybe Mitt Romney should read it, and make it in the REAL public eyes and prove where are morals have went. Talk some more about beastiality, maybe this could work for the Republicans benefit, since no one wants to stick their neck out and clean up this forum and since to many think a person with morals is wrong. No wonder it is people like you who are causing so much trouble for the real people who want a simple quiet life, just to be together, and that is keeping your own business at home. Nobody cares, about people who remain quiet, and live their lives in a quiet manner like most people do.
Mr Ed

Saint Louis, MO

#32845 May 15, 2012
I love you Chester
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#32846 May 15, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you've been lurking for long, you'll know that the trolls/haters in the room are the ones who go into vivid technicolor regarding various sex acts that they like to imagine two men, or two women, engaging in. I've yet to see any other person discuss details of sexual mechanics, other than to defend a position or disprove an allegation.
If you continue to be offended by what you read, you should consider the source and/or consider opting out of the thread.
No, I usually stay quiet, but this is getting out of hand. Something needs to be done with the trolls. I know who is on these threads who are actually giving information on what is going on from week to week with the states and where they stand on things. THat is my right , and anyone else who chooses to do so. This site needs to get cleaned up, I am sure you would agree. You are not going to go anywhere with people when you fight with them about this crap. You above all, have been very good in sharing information about what is going on in the legislators and states. I would think many people have got on here to follow, but the trash that is coming out of this thread is ridiculous, anyone with any morals would go along with me. People who come on this thread and start talking the smack about sexual acts needs to be ignored and they will eventually go away. You just play into their hands, and makes everyone on here look like an idiot. Come on, you have to agree that this is getting out of hand. Would you want your grandmother to read this as it is now? Most of these discussions are so perverted and you don't see this? Like I said, I like to see what is going on from time to time, and the information is out there to get on here....but you have to get through the disgusting conversations to find out what is going on. I thought this topic was adult conversations as in social affairs. This is turning into an X rated topic. If it keeps up, how far are you guys going to let it go? I think we have a real big problem here. As I said everyone has the right to keep up, it just needs to be cleaned up.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#32847 May 15, 2012
I TOTALLY AGREE.

Will someone else out there stand up also?
Take some action!
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently, you don't have children or have never raised them, or you would know that 13 on up are very sneaky, and have access to go on other peoples computers. Anyone can have children, but you have to raise them, and be active in their lives to know what they do. Now, you would know this if you had teenagers in your house, you have to give them some space, and in that time you hope they pick and do the right thing. This topic for a teenager is a porno dream. Heck you guys are probably talking to a teenager and you don't even know it. Someone on this page needs to be on a moral high horse so to speak, this topic is getting out of hand. The moderator needs to be fired for not doing their job. Just because you seem not to care about others feelings you need to get off of your high horse! My message was not just to gay people it was to straight also, get that right. When people start talking about sexual acts you got a problem. THat is not about civil marriage. Does a man and a woman who marry talk about their sex lives, hardly ever, unless they are writing a book. I am sure the man who got this started did not intend for this site to become so degrading to mankind. What are you twentish?
I wish the President would read this site. Maybe someone should send him this and see if he doesn't start back tracking so his children don't see this crap. Or even better maybe Mitt Romney should read it, and make it in the REAL public eyes and prove where are morals have went. Talk some more about beastiality, maybe this could work for the Republicans benefit, since no one wants to stick their neck out and clean up this forum and since to many think a person with morals is wrong. No wonder it is people like you who are causing so much trouble for the real people who want a simple quiet life, just to be together, and that is keeping your own business at home. Nobody cares, about people who remain quiet, and live their lives in a quiet manner like most people do.

“Free to buy cake”

Since: Jul 07

wherever I like.

#32848 May 15, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I usually stay quiet, but this is getting out of hand. Something needs to be done with the trolls. I know who is on these threads who are actually giving information on what is going on from week to week with the states and where they stand on things. THat is my right , and anyone else who chooses to do so. This site needs to get cleaned up, I am sure you would agree. You are not going to go anywhere with people when you fight with them about this crap. You above all, have been very good in sharing information about what is going on in the legislators and states. I would think many people have got on here to follow, but the trash that is coming out of this thread is ridiculous, anyone with any morals would go along with me. People who come on this thread and start talking the smack about sexual acts needs to be ignored and they will eventually go away. You just play into their hands, and makes everyone on here look like an idiot. Come on, you have to agree that this is getting out of hand. Would you want your grandmother to read this as it is now? Most of these discussions are so perverted and you don't see this? Like I said, I like to see what is going on from time to time, and the information is out there to get on here....but you have to get through the disgusting conversations to find out what is going on. I thought this topic was adult conversations as in social affairs. This is turning into an X rated topic. If it keeps up, how far are you guys going to let it go? I think we have a real big problem here. As I said everyone has the right to keep up, it just needs to be cleaned up.
Posts are regularly deleted from the thread. I have to believe it's because they cross the line. Topic moderators must surely have their hands full. You know that you can report a post, right? I've done out several times.

“Free to buy cake”

Since: Jul 07

wherever I like.

#32849 May 15, 2012
Done it* darned cell phones!
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#32850 May 15, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Posts are regularly deleted from the thread. I have to believe it's because they cross the line. Topic moderators must surely have their hands full. You know that you can report a post, right? I've done out several times.
So have I, it doesn't always work.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#32851 May 15, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently, you don't have children or have never raised them, or you would know that 13 on up are very sneaky, and have access to go on other peoples computers. Anyone can have children, but you have to raise them, and be active in their lives to know what they do. Now, you would know this if you had teenagers in your house, you have to give them some space, and in that time you hope they pick and do the right thing. This topic for a teenager is a porno dream. Heck you guys are probably talking to a teenager and you don't even know it. Someone on this page needs to be on a moral high horse so to speak, this topic is getting out of hand. The moderator needs to be fired for not doing their job. Just because you seem not to care about others feelings you need to get off of your high horse! My message was not just to gay people it was to straight also, get that right. When people start talking about sexual acts you got a problem. THat is not about civil marriage. Does a man and a woman who marry talk about their sex lives, hardly ever, unless they are writing a book. I am sure the man who got this started did not intend for this site to become so degrading to mankind. What are you twentish?
I wish the President would read this site. Maybe someone should send him this and see if he doesn't start back tracking so his children don't see this crap. Or even better maybe Mitt Romney should read it, and make it in the REAL public eyes and prove where are morals have went. Talk some more about beastiality, maybe this could work for the Republicans benefit, since no one wants to stick their neck out and clean up this forum and since to many think a person with morals is wrong. No wonder it is people like you who are causing so much trouble for the real people who want a simple quiet life, just to be together, and that is keeping your own business at home. Nobody cares, about people who remain quiet, and live their lives in a quiet manner like most people do.
The moderators can't police everything that's posted on Topix. Have you ever seen the size of this site? All they care about is making money. If they edit out every little offense, they'll be out of business, because no one will want to post. These are hot-button issues and it gets ugly.

BTW, I know what teenagers are like. If they're looking for something pornographic, I doubt that they would be looking at Topix as a source. No pictures :)



Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#32852 May 15, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
The moderators can't police everything that's posted on Topix. Have you ever seen the size of this site? All they care about is making money. If they edit out every little offense, they'll be out of business, because no one will want to post. These are hot-button issues and it gets ugly.
BTW, I know what teenagers are like. If they're looking for something pornographic, I doubt that they would be looking at Topix as a source. No pictures :)
From what I have seen and read, there are about what 10 people more or less who is for it. There is about 10 or so people who stay on and dispute. The rest of the people come and go, they stay on for a few months and go about their business.The rest are trolls or just come on for a comment or two and never heard from again, am I correct?
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#32853 May 15, 2012
I am only talking about Illinois Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Unions. What I am saying since this was started just a few have remained, I could name the names but you all know who you are. Only those people can control what is on here, your reactions to what is said controls the site. Whoever is the better person, speaks wisely, not like a fool. We all can have different opinions, it is how we display them, and with respect to each other. When someone does not give the respect, why fool with them, they are not worth your comment. Ignore the trolls and they will leave if they don't get you upset...Be the better person, and don't lower yourself to someones level, who gives no respect. I think you could clean this site up if you all followed those rules, at least the majority of you seasoned ones could. You all know who you are, LOL you can control the majority of these people.I just believe as it stands it is off the topic. My opinion tho.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#32854 May 15, 2012
Beautiful Dreamer..........
Knowledge wrote:
I am only talking about Illinois Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Unions. What I am saying since this was started just a few have remained, I could name the names but you all know who you are. Only those people can control what is on here, your reactions to what is said controls the site. Whoever is the better person, speaks wisely, not like a fool. We all can have different opinions, it is how we display them, and with respect to each other. When someone does not give the respect, why fool with them, they are not worth your comment. Ignore the trolls and they will leave if they don't get you upset...Be the better person, and don't lower yourself to someones level, who gives no respect. I think you could clean this site up if you all followed those rules, at least the majority of you seasoned ones could. You all know who you are, LOL you can control the majority of these people.I just believe as it stands it is off the topic. My opinion tho.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#32855 May 15, 2012
CDC wrote:
Beautiful Dreamer..........
<quoted text>
Hey, you gotta start somewhere.LOL All it takes is a few on both sides to start weeding out the jerks. You can have a disagreement logically. You don't have to totally disrespect someone, just because they don't believe the way you do. I don't believe in same sex marriage, but I am not going to disgrace someone or talk filthy to them because I disagree. Last I checked, we are not barbarians yet, but it is not far off if things don't change. A person can make a joke without belittling them. We all live in the same world, everyone is not going to get along, or you are not going to like everyone you see. Does that give a person the right to be mean or belittle them, no. Two people can have an intelligent conversation or debate without all the nasty trash thrown on them. It takes two to argue, or fight. I just think there needs to be a little weeding to weed out the trolls. Now for the first to make a nasty joke about this, your an idiot, with no respect to mankind, and you need to grow up.
This is a very serious issue to the ones who want it, and to the ones who do not. This site needs to be for this information, and not for dirty comments that no one wants to hear or be made fun of.
I have just seen so much on here and it is getting worse. The ones who claim to be Christians needs to act more wisely, and to the ones who are just being a jerk, you are just a bully and will always be. There is no need to lash out because you don't agree, your not going to go anywhere with it. All I want is to be able to get on this site find out the latest information on what is going on, that is not on the news or maybe that I missed. Isn't that what this site is for?
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#32856 May 15, 2012
Sticky Britches loves to report posts that he can't spin or lie out of. He really hates this one:

Gay Sexual Practices Lead to Uptick in Disease

>
FECAL SEX About 80% of gays admit to licking and/or inserting their tongues into the anus of partners and thus ingesting medically significant amounts of feces. Those who eat or wallow in it are probably at even greater risk. In the diary study,5 70% of the gays had engaged in this activity--half regularly over 6 months. Result?--the "annual incidence of hepatitis A in...homosexual men was 22 percent, whereas no heterosexual men acquired hepatitis A." In 1992,26 it was noted that the proportion of gays engaging in oral/anal sex had not declined.

>

Gay Men and Shigellosis
What is Shigellosis?
Shigellosis is a disease that causes stomach cramps, fever, diarrhea and sometimes bloody diarrhea.
What causes Shigellosis?
Shigellosis is caused by the Shigella bacterium. Shigella is found in feces (shit).
Who gets it?
Anyone can get Shigellosis. Gay men get Shigellosis at higher rates than others. People with a weakened immune
system get more sick than others.
How do you get it?
You can get Shigellosis when feces comes in contact with your mouth. This can happen with oral/anal sex play. This
can happen when you use your fingers or hand for anal sex play and then touch your mouth. Even microscopic
amounts of feces that get into your mouth can cause Shigellosis.
How can I avoid Shigella?
Play safely. In addition to safe sex guidelines to prevent HIV, maintain good hygiene. Wash every
part of your body that is sexual with soap and water before, after and between sex play. Use condoms
or other kinds of barriers like dental dams, latex gloves or plastic wrap and be aware of
what body parts may have come into contact with feces during sex play. Wash them with soap
and water. Use condoms with sex toys, and discard the condoms after use.
What do I do if I think I have Shigellosis?
• If you think you have Shigellosis, see your doctor.
• Inform your partners.
• Wash your hands a lot.
• Don’t have sex until 7 days after symptoms end.
• Talk with a medical provider about what you can do to reduce your risk.
http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/docs/Shi ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walgreen's take care clinic 2 min foofoofighters 3
Granite trash 5 min foofoofighters 21
kip lamb 24 min SoWhat 4
tattoo tom 1 hr Angie 25
Jeremy Schrader 1 hr Roxycutie182 3
carrie overturf 1 hr foofoo 5
hide out 1 hr true 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granite City Mortgages