First Prev
of 8
Next Last
I hate heroin

Granite City, IL

#2 Feb 28, 2013
In order to get the $1 burger and other menu items, you have to buy drinks. From what I heard.

Granite City, IL

#3 Feb 28, 2013
Got a menu and met a nice woman who came in our business to introduce herself. I am going to try it. We needed another restraunt to choose from. Kids are allowed also to a certain time.
Mahz

United States

#4 Feb 28, 2013
guest wrote:
Got a menu and met a nice woman who came in our business to introduce herself. I am going to try it. We needed another restraunt to choose from. Kids are allowed also to a certain time.
got to get the kids out before the dope come out.

Granite City, IL

#5 Feb 28, 2013
Your an idiot. This town is full of small businesses. If good people come and support them the dope heads will stay out.
Nice Gal

United States

#6 Mar 1, 2013
When do they open? Are they still hiring?

Granite City, IL

#7 Mar 1, 2013
March 4 opens. Not sure about hiring. There are cars there everyday now. Stop in and see.
Long dong daddy

United States

#8 Mar 1, 2013
Give it time, they will close down. What if I don't drink, or it's 1 in the afternoon and I'm on lunch break I can't get a $1 cheeseburger? Ill just go to mcd and get a cheap burger without the requirement of buying 2 beers for $3 a piece.
dionfan

Sedalia, MO

#9 Mar 1, 2013
There is a drink minimum amount you must spend in order to get the cheeseburgers for a $1.00. The peopkle who opened and owned Whiskey Jakes are the same people that are opening and running this joint. It won't last!!!!!!
Raffe

United States

#10 Mar 1, 2013
dionfan wrote:
There is a drink minimum amount you must spend in order to get the cheeseburgers for a $1.00. The peopkle who opened and owned Whiskey Jakes are the same people that are opening and running this joint. It won't last!!!!!!
@ dionfan.... A former coworker of mine is opening the place and no he did not run Whiskey Jakes. Of course they will have a minimum drink purchased required, that is common at most establishments that have "cheap food".

Oh and by the way, who said it won't last? YOU? Who are you to make such a statement? Feel free to name some of your own "Personal Accomplishments" before you discount someone else's initiative.
Long dong daddy

Granite City, IL

#11 Mar 1, 2013
Raffe wrote:
<quoted text>
@ dionfan.... A former coworker of mine is opening the place and no he did not run Whiskey Jakes. Of course they will have a minimum drink purchased required, that is common at most establishments that have "cheap food".
Oh and by the way, who said it won't last? YOU? Who are you to make such a statement? Feel free to name some of your own "Personal Accomplishments" before you discount someone else's initiative.
it won't last.
Raffe

United States

#12 Mar 1, 2013
Long dong daddy wrote:
<quoted text>it won't last.
And what sort of facts do you have to support your claim? I think it is a great concept and it works very well at several other establishments.
Do the right thing

Granite City, IL

#13 Mar 1, 2013
Long dong daddy wrote:
<quoted text>it won't last.
That the way to go long dong daddy tell them the way you see it.
that said I wish you the very best. I hope you do good.
Hey,look at Fast Eddies.
This might have legs... Good Luck.
momma98

Granite City, IL

#14 Mar 1, 2013
I want to know why everyone assumes a drink is alcohol???? You could go in at lunch, have a soda and get your burger. Quit trying to put a place down before they have a chance. That is the biggest problem with this city. Half of the people that live here bitch that nothing happens here, but when someone tries to do something they chase them off.
Brian

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Mar 1, 2013
where is this place on 203?
BeFree

Granite City, IL

#16 Mar 1, 2013
Building right before 270, heading into mitchell. I hope they do great that location must be tough. I think someone should set up a bait shop there, maybe from a trailer in the parking lot.
Do the right thing

Granite City, IL

#17 Mar 1, 2013
Brian wrote:
where is this place on 203?
The Mac N Micks building..
true

Edwardsville, IL

#18 Mar 1, 2013
momma98 wrote:
I want to know why everyone assumes a drink is alcohol???? You could go in at lunch, have a soda and get your burger. Quit trying to put a place down before they have a chance. That is the biggest problem with this city. Half of the people that live here bitch that nothing happens here, but when someone tries to do something they chase them off.
Same goes for fast eddies-you must purchase a drink to eat there-soft drink or alcohol.
lasttimethere247

Granite City, IL

#19 Mar 2, 2013
Don't know who you are trying to fool Raffe, but the same people who opened Whiskey Jakes are the same people who opened Fatty Pattys.....All they did is go in and remodel the place. The name of the place is lousy, but if they have good food maybe people will over look that.
Long dong daddy

United States

#20 Mar 2, 2013
Raffe wrote:
<quoted text>
And what sort of facts do you have to support your claim? I think it is a great concept and it works very well at several other establishments.
fact. Location location location. Fact,overhead. It cost alot of money to operate a restaurant/bar let alone the lease is really high. That's a lot of "fatty paddy $1 burgers" even with a drink. Fact. Everybody talks about how great Mac n mics was but where are they now? Where are all the other people and buisness at? There is a reason nothing has worked an selling $1 cheeseburger won't change that. So like I said, give it time it won't last.
Raffe

United States

#21 Mar 2, 2013
lasttimethere247 wrote:
Don't know who you are trying to fool Raffe, but the same people who opened Whiskey Jakes are the same people who opened Fatty Pattys.....All they did is go in and remodel the place. The name of the place is lousy, but if they have good food maybe people will over look that.
@lasttimemethere247

It is apparent that you are ignorant to the facts surrounding this establishment. The person who opened Fatty Patty's was my former boss at Gateway Auto Auction here in Granite and never had any affialliation to Whiskey Jake's. So before you call me a fool, get your facts straight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Surge 618 39 min rorschach 21
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 1 hr Cannabis is GOOD 2,034
Tory & Melodi 1 hr meco 14
Declawed cat got dropped off by levy 2 hr Pet lover 2 9
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Common Sense 4,037
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr FriendofKanka 49,941
Decent jobs in the area 3 hr Jimmy the gin 1
2 people high at the old hucks on pontoon road 9 hr woww 3
•••
•••
•••

Granite City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Granite City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••