American Steel layoffs

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22 Dec 21, 2012
Our plants are still growing. One here is stl and one in Minnesota. Come feb/march we will be so busy I'll have over time entering orders. We had 25% growth as if last quarter. We buy steel in the USA also. Which is nice. We only have a few things we get across seas.
SHUT UP

United States

#23 Dec 21, 2012
This post said nothing about foodstamps or obama.And how in the hell do you think you know anything about these people.You are just a little bitch,we are all so tired of you.You are nothing but a miserable little man with huge mental problems.Just shut up already we do not care what you say little man.
SHUT UP

United States

#24 Dec 21, 2012
My last comment was for Brian
mahz

Granite City, IL

#25 Dec 22, 2012
Brian wrote:
Did you see where plants are becoming completely automated these days
No need for overpaid human robots
actually i have seen evidence of this..case in point...you have been replaced in the bedroom by a drilldo...
really

Garden City, MI

#26 Dec 22, 2012
Does Chad Knight still work there? Nickname used to be Honk!
YES

Granite City, IL

#27 Dec 22, 2012
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
actually i have seen evidence of this..case in point...you have been replaced in the bedroom by a drilldo...
Of course! That totally explains it!!! Brian's services are no longer needed after being replaced by the magic wand so he now spends countless hours trolling Granite City topix and reminding everyone in Granite what a shit-hole town we live in (not) while proclaiming his (delusional) superiority in his Wood River basement. ;)
another democrat

East Alton, IL

#29 Dec 24, 2012
Brian wrote:
Did you see where plants are becoming completely automated these days
No need for overpaid human robots
Brian,
How did you become such an a-hole? First you gripe about food-stamps and such then you make rude comments about guys who work for a living. What is it ? Are you just a total tool or do you really believe your own BS? Who are you to say what someone is worth? You are nobody.
Grinder

United States

#30 Dec 24, 2012
I worked for American before I got with a reputable company. The majority of employees are ex-cons jigs that work at the plant while openly selling crack at the same time. It is a terrible company!
meseeit

United States

#32 Jan 10, 2013
American Steel plant was open this week, next week the plant is on shut down again, just like a light bulb on and off, doesn't look good, getting off to a very slow start...
mom

Granite City, IL

#34 Jan 15, 2013
Union Man wrote:
<quoted text>Not to worry my friends you will all be back up and running in Jan.
ok so when in january my friend this sucks for my son and family
Enough is enough

Granite City, IL

#35 Jan 16, 2013
meseeit wrote:
American Steel plant was open this week, next week the plant is on shut down again, just like a light bulb on and off, doesn't look good, getting off to a very slow start...
Quit wasting your time there and go apply at us steel,American Steel is going to break your heart that place is in a downward spiral.When Obama cut coal didn't you realize that was going to kill your jobs it's just a matter of time.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#36 Jan 16, 2013
Us steel is down the tubes as wellOh well of course it doesnt pay taxes anymore so the reast of us can pay extra to keep the trash working there
But it will soon end.
toBrian

Granite City, IL

#37 Jan 16, 2013
So Brian, so high and mighty, the legend in your own mind, DO TELL...where do YOU work, where do YOU live? What should the rest of us do (i.e. where should we work and live) to be as cool and worthy as you??? Please help us. Please guide the way. We all want to be just like you. Really we do...
KING

United States

#40 Apr 5, 2013
We need better UNION REPS.....TO MANY SUCK ASS FLIP FLOPS N CRACKHEADS!!!
Red and White

Granite City, IL

#41 Apr 5, 2013
KING wrote:
We need better UNION REPS.....TO MANY SUCK ASS FLIP FLOPS N CRACKHEADS!!!
You need to get out of there as soon as you can.Its only gonna be a matter of time before that place is empty.Dont sit on a sinking ship jump off now before its to late.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#42 Apr 5, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Now that is funny.
Unbelievable

Cincinnati, OH

#43 Apr 5, 2013
Coming from a person that operates robots, there will never not be a need for humans.(Sorry for the double negative.)

Machines, robots, computers are never without flaw. Humans learn new skills to operate and maintain these systems.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#44 Apr 5, 2013
The good news is that with robotics finally the grasp upon production by the union bozos will finally be broken
The bad news is taxpayers will have to pay to support those bozos
Unbelievable

Cincinnati, OH

#45 Apr 5, 2013
Brian, what is it that you do for a living?

Not being a smart a$$, just curious is all.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#46 Apr 5, 2013
Caterpillar is going to have a big round of layoffs in Decatur this June
Sorta fun watching Illinois runing out of people to tax to pay the welfare and other assorted benefits there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittany bess (Jul '14) 3 hr Jmc 17
Motorcycle accident by Belleville SWIC 3 hr Monya 10
Ride or Die 3 hr Big Mike 6
gc and drugs 4 hr The real Mike Wilson 56
oil change car service places 6 hr derp1000 7
Louie dockwat 7 hr Thetruth 3
Funny!! Word association game. (Oct '15) 8 hr _Zoey_ 333

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance