American Steel layoffs
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just wondering

Granite City, IL

#1 Dec 13, 2012
I heard American Steel is laying off most of their workforce due to the struggling economy and the coal industry!
Frank

Granite City, IL

#2 Dec 13, 2012
Wouldn't surprise me I have heard they have been struggling for a while now
dumb ass

Garden City, MI

#3 Dec 13, 2012
Yea but they are hearing again in January my buddy said
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#4 Dec 13, 2012
Obama declred war n the Coal industry
Didn't you dodos hear that on your way to the election booth to vote for him and the rest of the Madco Democrats that povide you with the food stamps you need?
Now bend your knee to your new massa at the big house in DC that will send you food stamps
Laugh...Granite City people begging a black man for food
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Frank

Granite City, IL

#5 Dec 13, 2012
That place will never be a stable place to work all they do is hire a bunch of people just to turn around and lay them off when the orders are done trust me that place is poison
jeffro

Garden City, MI

#6 Dec 14, 2012
yep. i work there. what he sed about the coal thing is right. it sucks.. i just pray that it picks up n january...
wow

Edwardsville, IL

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Brian wrote:
Obama declred war n the Coal industry
Didn't you dodos hear that on your way to the election booth to vote for him and the rest of the Madco Democrats that povide you with the food stamps you need?
Now bend your knee to your new massa at the big house in DC that will send you food stamps
Laugh...Granite City people begging a black man for food
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
So whatdoes that have to do with anything?
jeffro

Garden City, MI

#8 Dec 14, 2012
no coal burning. no coal cars for rail road needed. being that we make parts for them.. no work for us... it hurt us..the drought we had last year.. less grain cars less grain car parts. less work for us...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Dec 14, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>So whatdoes that have to do with anything?
You don't get that? It's pretty clear. And true.
GStick

United States

#11 Dec 19, 2012
YOU GAY PUNK

Location hidden

#12 Dec 19, 2012
Well that was substantial.
wishingwell231

Granite City, IL

#13 Dec 19, 2012
this layoff is their usual two week layoff for Christmas and New Years. Yes they are struggeling to keep orders, they always have. But for the last 8 or so years they have laid off at this time. It saves them a bundle in salary and benefits. Because it is termed a layoff insurance benefits cease also. That company finds any way it can to screw its employees. Over twenty years of experince with them and been screwed over more times than I care to count.
jeffro

Garden City, MI

#14 Dec 19, 2012
wishingwell. your wrong. we get benifits. and insurance..holiday pay...and we havent had three weeks off at christmas ever. not C& F anyway..

Location hidden

#15 Dec 20, 2012
I work as a cssr for a manufacturing company and we are very slow right now. But come feb we will be full bore again. It's prolly normal but... Lets hope that's the case.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#16 Dec 20, 2012
wishingwell231 wrote:
this layoff is their usual two week layoff for Christmas and New Years. Yes they are struggeling to keep orders, they always have. But for the last 8 or so years they have laid off at this time. It saves them a bundle in salary and benefits. Because it is termed a layoff insurance benefits cease also. That company finds any way it can to screw its employees. Over twenty years of experince with them and been screwed over more times than I care to count.
In 20 years you couldnt find a different job more suited to your needs?
I have a better idea. Why not strike them and show them just who is boss. Nothing like Granite hving one more empty factory
Frank

Granite City, IL

#17 Dec 20, 2012
Wait till we fall of the fiscal cliff a lot of manufacturing plants will be hit very hard!Start saving your money!
Really

United States

#18 Dec 20, 2012
it is about their Ukraine/Russian contract, it is a legal issue - a signature, their mediator flew to Russia to get it fixed, Amsted Rail stopped and shut down the plant because Russia never paid for the railroad parts already shipped to them, when the contract is signed it will be for 15 years, scheduled for full production beginning Jan 7, 2013.
Union Man

Jerseyville, IL

#19 Dec 20, 2012
Really wrote:
it is about their Ukraine/Russian contract, it is a legal issue - a signature, their mediator flew to Russia to get it fixed, Amsted Rail stopped and shut down the plant because Russia never paid for the railroad parts already shipped to them, when the contract is signed it will be for 15 years, scheduled for full production beginning Jan 7, 2013.
Not to worry my friends you will all be back up and running in Jan.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#20 Dec 20, 2012
Did you see where plants are becoming completely automated these days
No need for overpaid human robots
mahz

Granite City, IL

#21 Dec 20, 2012
save your jobs, move to china...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
herryan murphy 40 min T b gnc 13
Foofoo 1 hr Foofoo 23
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 4 hr _Zoey_ 2,974
Tobacco Central 5 hr Eccleticmusician243 9
You're Welcome (May '15) 7 hr Mike 103
you might be a methhead if... 11 hr Anti Meth 46
nicks bar 16 hr Politically Incor... 17

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance