Holly's Very Own Message Board for Sc...

Holly's Very Own Message Board for Scriptural Education

Posted in the Granite City Forum

First Prev
of 51
Next Last
AGiftForHolly

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Oct 30, 2012
This thread is dedicated to PassionateHeart aka Holly, so she is free to post as many comments as she likes.

These comments can include and are not limited to:

1. Telling and re-telling the story of her life.

2. Providing us with insightful Biblical scripture to help us move our lives in a more positive direction.

3. Give us advice on how not to treat people.

4. Give ideas on how to clean up Granite.

5. Have discussions about life in general and how to be better people.

This thread is created to give PassionateHeart her own open forum. People can comment and discuss if they like, and if not, that's okay too.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 30, 2012
In other words, you are baiting Holly to return, so that you and the other trolls can gang-ridicule her again. I have a better idea. Why don't you answer all five of your questions here first. That way, you appear to be an intelligent person, wanting an open discussion on important issues, instead of a bully looking for an easy target to pick on. Just sayin...
AGiftForHolly

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Oct 30, 2012
Actually, why not let her have her own thread? Not trying to ridicule her, just inviting an open forum for her religious and personal views. Instead of every single topic getting mulled up with her constant off-subject rants on other people's threads.

The problem is, there can never be an open discussion on this forum without her constantly posting comment after comment. So, she can use this one to post as many comments as she wants.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 30, 2012
You're sweet Blackanchors. Don't worry about the brutes harming me. I may still have a tender heart, but I've grown thicker skin. I've created many threads they've participated in and didn't know it because I didn't say who I was or type like it was life or death.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Oct 30, 2012
In all truth, they want my attention more than I seek theirs or they wouldn't insist someone is me even if I haven't been on here for weeks. Notice how Jennier, Mray, Yum, and other sorts disappeared? They know I remember what they've told me and so now have to be brutes without a registered name in order to stay in their own ways. Who I am to stop them? No one, I'm just the messenger, the vessel, the warning.
AGiftForHolly

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Oct 30, 2012
Not trying to harm you, PassionateHeart. Just giving you a place where you can share your thoughts. People can come here and ask you questions or read the scripture you post.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Oct 30, 2012
With all due respect, you're not giving me anything I don't already have. I like writing about scripture on the other website. I get paid by both the website and google adsense.

Most people just don't like me here because I put them to shame for citizen misconduct. I apply not only scripture but life experience into the equation.

Honestly, I find it disturbing that the people on this site are mostly adults.
AGiftForHolly

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Oct 30, 2012
Do you ever consider that sometimes your comments do not relate to the thread that you post on or maybe you should bow out?

It seems a bit much and you kind of overtake threads. No offense, just seems smart to maybe have your own thread so other people can discuss in peace on the threads they start.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 30, 2012
AGiftForHolly wrote:
This thread is dedicated to PassionateHeart aka Holly, so she is free to post as many comments as she likes.
These comments can include and are not limited to:
1. Telling and re-telling the story of her life.
2. Providing us with insightful Biblical scripture to help us move our lives in a more positive direction.
3. Give us advice on how not to treat people.
4. Give ideas on how to clean up Granite.
5. Have discussions about life in general and how to be better people.
This thread is created to give PassionateHeart her own open forum. People can comment and discuss if they like, and if not, that's okay too.
1. I learn more from the memories of my experiences than I did from memorizing school curricula.

2. Follow the conduct of Christ. My spirit is of mistakes, therefore my conduct is full of mistakes, but not Christ's conduct and that is how he is the way, the truth, and the light. We look up to him when it comes to learning how to treat one another, and finding common ground, will put us on the same page, or give us "one mind." Then we teach our children so that the next generation isn't so criminal, and they teach their children until the moral once again out number the immoral.

3. Here is what not to do to others, as they have done to you. If people drag you down by insulting you, harshly criticize you for your failures or mistakes, while always completely disregarding any knowledge of your achievements, those are the kind of people to depart from, because they only wish the worst for you, and only like to see you fail. If they're never there to help, encourage or uplift you, but always their to chide, discourage, threaten and abandon you, that's domestic abuse and it's better to leave them far behind, even if you share the same blood line, rather than to be a martyr all your life over love. If there's anything I've learned, it's that just because I've loved someone, doesn't mean I have to tolerate being around them, especially ANYONE who doesn't love me back. I got left behind, fell through the cracks, but I fought my way back and before I can be of any good, I have to point out where things went wrong.

4. Begin with the education mission statement, be of your word. Apply the morale, don't just speak about it! Do you as you say because kids are less likely to do as you say and more likely to do as you do.

5. Love our enemies even as we love our neighbors. We love our children so we correct them when they are wrong without verbally (or of some other form) destroying them. We should think before we type as much as we would think before we speak,(I'm fast at typing so I have to make this conscious effort, yet by witnessing my mistakes you know I'm only as human as you.)

I don't want to chase off potential residents, but with the continued corruption around here, I don't want them to fall into the trap I was led to either. They need to know what they're getting themselves into and right now, no matter how good you try to make it look from the outside, because of the people in it, Granite is not a place to be proud of. Kids are dying from doing drugs, either from self medicating or because someone told them life was short so party it away...and that's just what they've done.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Oct 30, 2012
AGiftForHolly wrote:
Do you ever consider that sometimes your comments do not relate to the thread that you post on or maybe you should bow out?
It seems a bit much and you kind of overtake threads. No offense, just seems smart to maybe have your own thread so other people can discuss in peace on the threads they start.
Not when I'm being bullied or insulted. I stand up for myself. If people have a problem with me doing that on a thread that doesn't pertain to the topic, then maybe they should stop the derogatory comments towards me. It's rather quite simple you see.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11 Oct 30, 2012
When bullies try to bully me, and I stand up for myself, and do it successfully, it is then they start calling me the bully because I've put them to shame for citizen misconduct.

In person I'm much more emotional about it. Just ask Officer Reynolds whose negative attitude and emotions I picked up on as soon as he approached me. Sure, he may have just been dealing with a bad call somewhere, but was it alright for him to project his frustration out on me? No, it wasn't, and he remembers me, and I remember him because he still wears a proud look upon his face. I even told him the second time we crossed paths, "just because the first experience was bad, doesn't mean they're all going to be like that."
AGiftForHolly

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Oct 30, 2012
Maybe you should ignore them and not waste the energy on these people?

Maybe if you ignored them, they would stop the insults and bullying? You can't get through to people like that anyway. Nothing you will say to them is going to change them.

They are going to have to learn for themselves.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14 Oct 30, 2012
AGiftForHolly wrote:
Maybe you should ignore them and not waste the energy on these people?
Maybe if you ignored them, they would stop the insults and bullying? You can't get through to people like that anyway. Nothing you will say to them is going to change them.
They are going to have to learn for themselves.
Here's the thing though, ignoring them is one way to go about it, but ignoring a problem doesn't make a problem go away, it just gets put to the the side for me to have to deal with later. A solution is needed and while trying to figure it out, patience is always the best immediate answer. I have gotten through people by telling the truth. I witnessed it work in my own neighborhood. Citizen conduct is important, especially when you live in close quarters, and how we are as citizens online should be no different than how we are as citizens offline.

Nothing I say may ever change them, but it does change me. Not only have I gotten stronger than I ever thought I could be, I've learned (and am still learning) how to use my words wisely, but it takes a whole lot of practice, and topix has been the place to get practice. Can you see it from my point of view?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15 Oct 30, 2012
Children are a lot easier to teach because they're like sponges ready and willing to soak up the information, but adults are much different. Most adults have become hardened and therefore some are as rocks that can only be weathered by the wind, because they are so full of hardness, they're unable to soak up anything within.
AGiftForHolly

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Oct 30, 2012
Yes, I see what you are saying. However, ignoring a bunch of anonymous people and going along your way doesn't leave any problem to be dealt with later.

You don't even know most of the people that talk to you here. Why waste your energy defending yourself against people you will never meet?

Most adults do not want to be taught unless they ask to be taught. If none of these people are asking you to teach them, you are on a never ending battle with yourself. Why do that to yourself? It is practically torture. Torture for nothing over no one.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#18 Oct 30, 2012
mahz wrote:
I approve
Mahz, I'm impressed. Up until now, almost every post you have made has an insult. Dipshit, douche, moron, embicile, idiot, etc. It appears you are incapable of expressing yourself without bringing in aggression. How much more beneficial are your contributions to Topix than Hollies? She may ramble..and over post..and flood threads, and yeah Holly you do,... but your comments are vitriolic. Maybe you ought to take a good look at yourself. People who are content with themselves, don't need to insult others if they have an opinion to share. You have been the lead in ruining a lot of decent threads others have started. It's good that you have an active interest in what others say. Silence is foolish, if the topic is important. But name calling is a clear sign that your point is not to be taken seriously. Just sayin...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19 Oct 30, 2012
AGiftForHolly wrote:
Yes, I see what you are saying. However, ignoring a bunch of anonymous people and going along your way doesn't leave any problem to be dealt with later.
You don't even know most of the people that talk to you here. Why waste your energy defending yourself against people you will never meet?
Most adults do not want to be taught unless they ask to be taught. If none of these people are asking you to teach them, you are on a never ending battle with yourself. Why do that to yourself? It is practically torture. Torture for nothing over no one.
But I'm able to go on with my life, unless they take it upon themselves to become negatively involved with mine, and it's mostly only family that has done that to me, such as the person calling and getting me evicted out of K.P. when in fact I had mentioned on here well over a year ago the very same thing, long before I invited my cousin, who swore she had my back to have my back here and only found her to stab me in it. You may think I will never meet these people, but surprisingly I have met people in person that first met me on here. I'm not forcing anyone to learn, but I am giving them the option to be taught. I'm not battling with myself as you may think, but making the effort to learn just as much as I care to teach. I've come back for a visit because I've got most of the place packed up, but I had to go to the e.r. a second time this month over the pain in my knees and the doctor there told me to take it easy. My lawyer told me that regardless of what some office staff has said, I do have a right to a grievance and I let them know that disregarding injury not once but twice with document proof, yet allowing domestically abusive family members to interfere with my life is just as bad as enabling the abuser. I've been discriminated against by admission that I have consumed marijuana, but I smoked my first joint on May 1st 1997, the day I had to see my Dad's face in misery for losing everything he spent his life working so hard for. The chapter in the bible after proverbs speaks of the efforts for gaining materials in thi life as vain, and I understand it because I witnessed my own Dad work so hard to make that house what it became only to lose it overnight by the burning of flames.

It's not torture to pour out my mind, heart, and soul, it's a release.

What's torture is enduring one abusive person after the next. It's one reason I've come to feel so strongly that city life is not for me. Too many people. I'm the homebody type. One best friend is all I need, and just one true love is all I seek. It's not easy finding a guy who doesn't care unless there's sex involved. I vowed to myself that I would never again take a man for his word, but see if he cared for me first. I haven't found that guy, but he's bound to exist, because I once cared deeply first for someone without sex being involved.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20 Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, Blackanchors, I know I flood threads. I'm still working on that, but it's because I reply to every comment directed at me. Nobody goes without in my book. They want my attention or they wouldn't speak of me. Better to give them the attention they need on topix, than to witness them negatively interfering in my real life and not speak up about their citizen misconduct when they boast about jeopardizing the safety and security this place has enabled me to give my kids, as though they've done the right thing.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#21 Oct 30, 2012
I have nothing to hide from the police, but there are no child molesters or harm doers allowed in my door.
AGiftForHolly

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Oct 30, 2012
I understand all that you've said about the word is what makes you wealthy and that money doesn't buy happiness, etc..

However, in this day and age, you do need to work for money to survive. There is nothing wrong with having a job and making money to pay for food, housing, etc... People don't grow their own food anymore, or build their own homes with their own hands like in the times of the Bible.

You cannot live without making an income in today's society.

I understand that you consider this your job, and that is fine, but are you justifying being on public aid with this?

I am not being mean or a smart alec..I am seriously curious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 51
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Size matters and blacks are almost bigger than ... 14 min Oh geez 10
Church's Fire 31 min GOD 27
kudelka drug house 31 min Food for thought 20
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 40 min WHITETRASHTRAILER... 3,342
Funny!! Word association game. (Oct '15) 41 min WHITETRASHTRAILER... 379
Keith Harris 55 min klondike 15
Name a Bob Marley song 1 hr Bud Good 6

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granite City Mortgages