Uh Huh

Edwardsville, IL

#1 Jan 19, 2013
RIP
hmmmmm

Arnold, MO

#2 Jan 19, 2013
yes...he passed away peacefully tonite surrounded by loved ones. he was 92. godspeed!!
no idiot here

Granite City, IL

#3 Jan 19, 2013
KMOV dot com has a story about him as well as the Kansas City Star dot com-good story there. I wonder how the hockey crowd reacted, the Blues are at home against the Red Wings.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Jan 20, 2013
A legend indeed. RIP
Concerned Citizen

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jan 20, 2013
He played a child's game. He was good at swinging a stick at a ball. BFD.
grandma

Granite City, IL

#6 Jan 20, 2013
He actually was a BFD. Do you know that he once ask for a pay cut because he didn't play as well as he thought he should? Not one of the millionaires we see play today would even think about that. He played for love of the game. The idols you see now play for the cash and only lots of it.
Think about what you posted. Will someone post when you die it wasn't a BFD? Perhaps you should change your name to heartless.
Uh Huh

Edwardsville, IL

#7 Jan 20, 2013
grandma wrote:
He actually was a BFD. Do you know that he once ask for a pay cut because he didn't play as well as he thought he should? Not one of the millionaires we see play today would even think about that. He played for love of the game. The idols you see now play for the cash and only lots of it.
Think about what you posted. Will someone post when you die it wasn't a BFD? Perhaps you should change your name to heartless.
He was one of a kind, no doubt about it.
There's an era of lovely manners and do the right thing that is quickly fading from reality. So sad.
I've really enjoyed the various news clips of him today! What a wonderful individual!

Location hidden

#9 Jan 20, 2013
no idiot here wrote:
KMOV dot com has a story about him as well as the Kansas City Star dot com-good story there. I wonder how the hockey crowd reacted, the Blues are at home against the Red Wings.
K.C. Star article was good. Thx.
Liz Taylor

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jan 21, 2013
Concerned Citizen wrote:
You have NO idea what this man did for the community. I suggest you watch channel 4 tonight and look at the story they did on channel 5 last night. I also suggest you do a little more research on him before you say BFD. He was a BFD! He did something that changed my families life and he did that for many many others too.

Yes he did want to take a pay cut one season and he also left baseball to serve this country. How many other ball players can say that? He was a true down to earth human being BEFORE he was a ballplayer. He NEVER let it go to his head and was a very kind , considerate person.

The story on channel 4 tonight and the one on Channel 5 last night is about a Granite man. And for once Granite made the news , good news I might add and it wasn't some toothless hoosier that we usually see on the news from Granite!
Jam

Granite City, IL

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Wasn"t That something that the blues put 6 in the net . Saturday night. What a good man ...
Liz Taylor

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jan 21, 2013
Jam wrote:
Wasn"t That something that the blues put 6 in the net . Saturday night. What a good man ...
I read this on f.b so I don't know how true it is but thought it was pretty cool

Yesterday's high temperature was 66. The Blues scored 6 goals. And, according to his grandson, Stan always said "If you're not 15 minutes early, then you're late." He passed away at 5:45, fifteen minutes before 6:00.
Here's to you, number 6.
grandma

Granite City, IL

#14 Jan 21, 2013
Liz Taylor wrote:
<quoted text>
I read this on f.b so I don't know how true it is but thought it was pretty cool
Yesterday's high temperature was 66. The Blues scored 6 goals. And, according to his grandson, Stan always said "If you're not 15 minutes early, then you're late." He passed away at 5:45, fifteen minutes before 6:00.
Here's to you, number 6.
So cool. THX for the post.
Troop 3

United States

#15 Jan 22, 2013
RIP Stan "The Man" Musial. Redbird nation lost a great one.
mari

Granite City, IL

#16 Jan 22, 2013
Troop 3 wrote:
RIP Stan "The Man" Musial. Redbird nation lost a great one.
You are a major dipshit.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 22, 2013
shlisten wrote:
<quoted text>Troll or village idiot?
Troll twit mahz. I should have known.
mari

Granite City, IL

#18 Jan 22, 2013
shlisten wrote:
<quoted text>Troll twit mahz. I should have known.
lol
mahz

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jan 22, 2013
shlisten wrote:
<quoted text>Troll twit mahz. I should have known.
I haven't posted here in weeks shitstain.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 22, 2013
Twits will be twits.
Jam

Granite City, IL

#21 Jan 22, 2013
Stan "The Man" Musial had more class than any one man. RIP
Jam

Granite City, IL

#22 Jan 22, 2013
Concerned Citizen wrote:
What position did you play in the great game of baseball. I must have mist that...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two charged in connection with fatal stabbing i... (Oct '13) 55 min Eccleticmusician243 214
noise 1 hr tyrone shulaces 6
News Madison County State's Attorney Gibbons files f... 1 hr Mike 7
Home wrecking hooches 1 hr Tabetha 31
Sammie ship 1 hr David Niemeyer 19
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 7 hr -Prince- 2,966
Funny!! Word association game. (Oct '15) 7 hr -Prince- 219
Who is the biggest meth head in west granite? 16 hr fat whale 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granite City Mortgages