Posted in the Granite City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“the 1 the only me”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Oct 28, 2011
How can a business charge sooooo damn much for a service that sucks? Take note that it took me 20 minutes to get to this page and post this, that's straight from connection to here. I am seriously considering calling the BBB and Attorney General and asking if it is legal for them to charge an ungodly amount for something that they apparently can't provide and why they do not take complaints serious. They literally call us LIARS when we tell them the problem. We pay them damn near $60 a month for SHITTY SERVICE. And noone can tell us diffrent, have had it for 3 months and it's soooooooooooooo SLOW and it will disconnect cause it apparently wants to. And why isn't there a place to write to Cricket to complain, call the 800 number & all you get is foreigners who can't speak english worth a shit and tell you that we are not thier problem. NICE CUSTOMER SERVICE, not!!!! I* HATE CRICKET & WARN EVERYONE ABOUT THEM,they don't like you and never will.
cricket

Granite City, IL

#2 Oct 28, 2011
they are owned by the goverment so go figure and all there services suck

“the 1 the only me”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3 Oct 28, 2011
Huh, intresting.
cricket employee

Los Gatos, CA

#4 Oct 29, 2011
They are not owned by the gov. That's what drug dealers always say. If you live in granite yes they suck. Someone is stealing copper from the tower, they have been for about 2 years I don't know why cricket won't fix it so they low life scum can't but that's why it sucks. I used to work for cricket corp. and service obviously isn't as good as AT&T but you wouldn't be with cricket if you had a good credit score or weren't poor just saying. You get what you pay for. Anywhere else but granite has really good service to be honest it's just in granite city that it is this bad.
Grasshopper

De Soto, KS

#5 Oct 29, 2011
I have used cricket broadband for over a year now and have not experienced it to be that bad, its not as slow for me they way you decribe it . I certainly dont think its the best deal around, like the other poster said, the main reason I have it is because of my credit rating and there is no contract. There are a few issuses to be concerned with here....
1. You may unfortunatly may live in a part of town where threre is interference with the signal, are u near the steel mill or something? 2. Your PC may be the problem, is it older? How much ram speed and processing speed do you have? Is it slow all month, meaning does it seem to be faster right after you pay
the bill? Cricket only has so much band with to go around per month, esp. if you watch movies or alot of videos.
3. Do you use the little USB modem or the bigger stationary one? If its a laptop try moving it around the house, or take it up to the Cricket store in Granite and have them test the speed of it there or the clerk may be able to tell you if the PC is fast enough to run suffiently. You might have to reinstall the program.
Im not a Cricket employee or anything, just trying to help your situation. Again Im not exactly defending them either, Ive had a few issues with it dropping in the middle of something. but with computers and internet there is sometimes more than meets the eye.
Good Luck....
the 1 the only me wrote:
How can a business charge sooooo damn much for a service that sucks? Take note that it took me 20 minutes to get to this page and post this, that's straight from connection to here. I am seriously considering calling the BBB and Attorney General and asking if it is legal for them to charge an ungodly amount for something that they apparently can't provide and why they do not take complaints serious. They literally call us LIARS when we tell them the problem. We pay them damn near $60 a month for SHITTY SERVICE. And noone can tell us diffrent, have had it for 3 months and it's soooooooooooooo SLOW and it will disconnect cause it apparently wants to. And why isn't there a place to write to Cricket to complain, call the 800 number & all you get is foreigners who can't speak english worth a shit and tell you that we are not thier problem. NICE CUSTOMER SERVICE, not!!!! I* HATE CRICKET & WARN EVERYONE ABOUT THEM,they don't like you and never will.
Grasshopper

De Soto, KS

#6 Oct 29, 2011
oh and I actually live in GC not STL, near Farm Fresh on nameoki. if that helps. Mine seems to be fairly darn fast for the most part. Its not the best deal out there but there is no contract, perhaps try Clear Network.
robert

Los Gatos, CA

#7 Oct 29, 2011
If you live in down town granite there's basically no service. Any where else your fine, there's also a usage level and one you go over its slow as $hit. Like grasshopper said no contract no credit check.
nope

United States

#8 Oct 29, 2011
It's slow in e.stl also. My bf works midnight security there. Bought him a new laptop, the expensive modem and service from cricket and it was slow to the point where he couldn't use it. An hour to load a page? Crazy. Virgin mobile worked better with a cheaper modem and slower service plan.
Cricket also did not want to refund the money. Followed their instructions precisely and they tried telling me I never purchased a modem let alone returned it. Luckily, I had purchased it online and had a tracking number for the return as proof. They still only refunded half of my money.
YourProbalyAcame lJockey

Granite City, IL

#9 Oct 30, 2011
cricket employee wrote:
They are not owned by the gov. That's what drug dealers always say. If you live in granite yes they suck. Someone is stealing copper from the tower, they have been for about 2 years I don't know why cricket won't fix it so they low life scum can't but that's why it sucks. I used to work for cricket corp. and service obviously isn't as good as AT&T but you wouldn't be with cricket if you had a good credit score or weren't poor just saying. You get what you pay for. Anywhere else but granite has really good service to be honest it's just in granite city that it is this bad.
drug dealers? anyway i have t-mobile asshole but thought cricket would be the way to go worked for bout a week then dropped calls and no no service etc. and the broadband completely sucks waste of money they screw you and you no refund,and clear is the same way just some ghetto ass companies ripping off paying customers!
pete

Charlotte, NC

#10 Mar 23, 2012
they do suck.
I live in a large city,
and had other services that were much better,
for way less. and credit score has nothing to do with it in my town, I just couldnt afford a plan,
so I got cricket and pay by month.
well, I got ---- on and screwed over by them.
I hate cricket.
asdfdfdfdfdfdfdf

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 23, 2012
Cricket (as well as straight talk, virgin mobile, and boost) are known as MVNO's. Essentially a CLEC in the cellular world. They resell the big boys services at a set price, set by them, as well as te service level and other stuff.

MVNO's are cheap, and you get what you pay for or don't. Most dont care as they look at their customers as suckers. The turnover rate is higher for MVNO's
moreinfo

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 23, 2012
asdfdfdfdfdfdfdf wrote:
Cricket (as well as straight talk, virgin mobile, and boost) are known as MVNO's. Essentially a CLEC in the cellular world. They resell the big boys services at a set price, set by them, as well as te service level and other stuff.
MVNO's are cheap, and you get what you pay for or don't. Most dont care as they look at their customers as suckers. The turnover rate is higher for MVNO's
Here is the wikipedia article in reference to what you are talking about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_n...
Mobile Virtual Network Operator=MVNO
love cricket

Chicago, IL

#14 Mar 24, 2012
I have had no problems with cricket service. The staff is wonderful, I love Jessica the store manager is she a sweetheart and runs the store much better than anyone else who has ran it before her. I've been with cricket since that store opened, I've seen it all. Ive been dealing with her for the last 3 or 4 years she know her shit, I will only talk to her and I know a few others who feel the same. Ive pleased with my service, you get what you pay for.
bestfriend

Chicago, IL

#15 Mar 24, 2012
I don't know the other girls very well, but Jessica is one of the most responsible people I know. I don't know many 21 year olds who own a house, own a new car- both fully paid ofhasidic getting married, has a baby on the way that they will be supporting completely without the help of government assistance, or takes care of her dog better than most of the people in this world take care of their kids. And to top it off became a store manager at 20 and probably makes more money than most kids her age. She is one of my best friends, and you don't even know her to say she's irresponsible. As far as cricket goes I never have never will go through them, I'll stick with verzion.
bestfriend

Chicago, IL

#17 Mar 24, 2012
Right. Jessica on drugs. That is hilarious, she's just not a bum like the rest of granite city.
bestfriend

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 24, 2012
Or selling drugs.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19 Mar 24, 2012
i call bullshit!

that entire store deals weed all damned day long...
bestfriend

Chicago, IL

#20 Mar 24, 2012
Lol alright.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#21 Mar 24, 2012
piss off and stop trying to incite a response from us who know better...
bestfriend

Chicago, IL

#22 Mar 24, 2012
the white power ranger wrote:
piss off and stop trying to incite a response from us who know better...
I just said alright, apparently you know it all. Your probably just jealous you couldn't accomplish as much as she has. Your probably some 50 year old loser with no life living in your mothers basement with your crap cricket phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ribley 6 hr nosy rosey 3
Any scrappers? 9 hr Dont 10
Eddie sturgeon and Ashly crumitt 12 hr Clueless 1
Eddies & Jakes in Granite (May '12) 17 hr help one 11
Snow White 22 hr MAGA 9
Any yoga or zumba classes around here 23 hr Yup 4
Nameoki is a jokie Sun Filly Cheesesteak 54

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance