Crash that killed three investigated

Crash that killed three investigated

There are 115 comments on the Alton Telegraph story from May 15, 2012, titled Crash that killed three investigated. In it, Alton Telegraph reports that:

Granite City police are awaiting the results of an accident reconstruction report before deciding whether to seek charges in connection with a one-vehicle crash that killed three people early Saturday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alton Telegraph.

Louisville slugger

United States

#97 Jun 21, 2012
UNREAL wrote:
<quoted text>
UMMMMM what if i was there and I was drinking at eddies and saw them.....just saying close your mouf and stop passing judgement on me
hey unreal don't get mad cuz your daddy raped you. you deserved it

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#99 Jun 21, 2012
dontworryboutit wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats it!!!!!!!! Enough!!!!!!! SHAWN BARELY TOUCHED THE BLACK CAR!!!!!! But he did it, and THATS WHY that kid lost control. Yes, everybody was drinking that night! IF SHAWN HADNT TOUCHED THE CAR, it wouldnt have happened!!!!! There now its out! Now all of you have been informed! Im sorry to the families. IT WAS NOT ON PURPOSE! But it still happened! He knows what the hell he did!!!! Put him in a room ALONE with all the families! Guarantee, they get answers then. The least he could do is NOT drink and drive!!! Its a slap in everyones face.
:)
UNREAL

Saint Louis, MO

#102 Jun 21, 2012
Louisville slugger wrote:
<quoted text> hey unreal don't get mad cuz your daddy raped you. you deserved it
what does my dad have anything to do with dumbasses drinking and driving.......DONT DRINK AND DRIVE IT KILLS YOU AND OTHERS WHO ARE INNOCENT.....doosh bag
just saying

Eureka, MO

#105 Jun 22, 2012
dontworryboutit wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats it!!!!!!!! Enough!!!!!!! SHAWN BARELY TOUCHED THE BLACK CAR!!!!!! But he did it, and THATS WHY that kid lost control. Yes, everybody was drinking that night! IF SHAWN HADNT TOUCHED THE CAR, it wouldnt have happened!!!!! There now its out! Now all of you have been informed! Im sorry to the families. IT WAS NOT ON PURPOSE! But it still happened! He knows what the hell he did!!!! Put him in a room ALONE with all the families! Guarantee, they get answers then. The least he could do is NOT drink and drive!!! Its a slap in everyones face.
The facts are still the same. If the driver of the black car had not been speeding then a bump on the back bumper(if this really happened)would not have killed anyone. Everyone is blaming this Shawn guy, but it seems to me that poor choices were made by everyone in this case.
Just saying 2

Granite City, IL

#106 Jun 22, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts are still the same. If the driver of the black car had not been speeding then a bump on the back bumper(if this really happened)would not have killed anyone. Everyone is blaming this Shawn guy, but it seems to me that poor choices were made by everyone in this case.
if somebody were chasing you, you mean to say you wouldn't speed to get away
TINA

Houston, TX

#108 Jun 22, 2012
no the facts are not the same you are just lost.... if the driver of the black car was speeding then that means that shawn was also speeding otherwise he would not have been able to hit the black car .. and whenever YOU FAIL TO REDUCE SPEED TO AVOID AN ACCIDENT.. YES IT MAKES IT HIS FAULT... And Shawn hit the black car .. the black car did not hit him..

Location hidden

#109 Jun 22, 2012
Just saying 2 wrote:
<quoted text> if somebody were chasing you, you mean to say you wouldn't speed to get away
First there would not have been a chase because I wouldn't have been speeding. I am in my car what is he going to do to me? I have locks on my doors if he were to force me to stop and I have a cell phone. I say this again, poor choices were made. Now this doesn't mean that I don't feel bad for the families that lost their loved ones. I handled insurance claims for many years and the facts are the facts. Did they find paint transfer on the black car? have they looked at the car driven by the other person. Was there paint transfer on his bumper? Those are the things an investigater would look for,and if it is not there it didn't happen.Even if there was the driver of the black car still would share in the libility. Speed and alochol do not mix.

Location hidden

#110 Jun 22, 2012
TINA wrote:
no the facts are not the same you are just lost.... if the driver of the black car was speeding then that means that shawn was also speeding otherwise he would not have been able to hit the black car .. and whenever YOU FAIL TO REDUCE SPEED TO AVOID AN ACCIDENT.. YES IT MAKES IT HIS FAULT... And Shawn hit the black car .. the black car did not hit him..
i know these were your friends and you want very much for this not to be their fault. But again if you are not speeding there can not be a chase. Was the other guy brandishing a gun? was the driver in fear for his life? If that was the case did not one person in the car have a cell phone to use to call the police and tell them a man with a gun is following them. or whatever the case is. poor choices, I've said it once and I'll say it again. These were not 19 and 20 yr olds who are still prone to acting implusively. These were adultd who should have known better.
Hey you

Granite City, IL

#113 Jun 22, 2012
It was her son you idiot and justice will be served

Since: Jun 12

Collinsville,IL

#114 Jun 22, 2012
mugger12 wrote:
<quoted text>
i know these were your friends and you want very much for this not to be their fault. But again if you are not speeding there can not be a chase. Was the other guy brandishing a gun? was the driver in fear for his life? If that was the case did not one person in the car have a cell phone to use to call the police and tell them a man with a gun is following them. or whatever the case is. poor choices, I've said it once and I'll say it again. These were not 19 and 20 yr olds who are still prone to acting implusively. These were adultd who should have known better.
yes I see what you are saying if one of YOUR family members is ever speeding and another car hits your family members car and your family member dies as a result of them (YOUR FAMILY MEMBER) speeding its your family members fault. yes I get it so when I see a speeding car I should hit them and then run .. because hey its their fault..
mugger

Eureka, MO

#116 Jun 22, 2012
jkr5122012 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I see what you are saying if one of YOUR family members is ever speeding and another car hits your family members car and your family member dies as a result of them (YOUR FAMILY MEMBER) speeding its your family members fault. yes I get it so when I see a speeding car I should hit them and then run .. because hey its their fault..
you have totally missed the point. there is no proof that anyone hit the car. just someone saying he did. did you witness it? were you there? I am just saying had he stopped to think about what he was doing we wouldn't be having this conversation. This is the last I am saying on this. I am sorry for your loss. I hope in time you find peace and the answers you are looking for.
TINA

Garden City, MI

#117 Jun 22, 2012
mugger wrote:
<quoted text>
you have totally missed the point. there is no proof that anyone hit the car. just someone saying he did. did you witness it? were you there? I am just saying had he stopped to think about what he was doing we wouldn't be having this conversation. This is the last I am saying on this. I am sorry for your loss. I hope in time you find peace and the answers you are looking for.
NO I MISSED NOTHING... AND DID YOU WITNESS IT WERE YOU THERE?? HMM I DON'T RECALL ASKING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH YOU.. YOU JUMPED ON HERE LIKE BARNEY BAD ASS WITH ALL THE ANSWERS.. AND YES WE KNOW WHY YOU MUST NOT SAY ANYTHING FURTHER YOU MAY INCRIMINATE YOURSELF.. AND IF OTHERS WOULD HAVE STOPPED AND THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING ,,,,OTHERS MAY BE ALIVE TODAY......
mugger

Eureka, MO

#119 Jun 22, 2012
TINA wrote:
<quoted text>
NO I MISSED NOTHING... AND DID YOU WITNESS IT WERE YOU THERE?? HMM I DON'T RECALL ASKING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH YOU.. YOU JUMPED ON HERE LIKE BARNEY BAD ASS WITH ALL THE ANSWERS.. AND YES WE KNOW WHY YOU MUST NOT SAY ANYTHING FURTHER YOU MAY INCRIMINATE YOURSELF.. AND IF OTHERS WOULD HAVE STOPPED AND THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING ,,,,OTHERS MAY BE ALIVE TODAY......
LISTEN YOU TWIT, YOU ARE ABOUT STUPID. INCRIMINATE MYSELF! I DON'T HANG AROUND WITH LOWLIFES LIKE YOU. AND OK I WILL SAY MORE!! THEY WERE ALL DRUNK AND HAD SPENT THE DAY IN THE BAR. THEN GOT IN A CAR AND PROCEEDED TO DRIVE RECKLESSLY, MAYBE THAT SHWAN GUY WAS CHASING THEM BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THE DRIVER OF THE BLACK CAR GOT IN AND MADE A CHOICE, I REPEAT, A CHOICE TO DRIVE RECKLESSLY AND HE NOT ONLY KILLED HIMSELF BUT TWO OTHER PEOPLE AS WELL. NOW TWO LITTLE CHILDREN ARE GOING TO GROW UP WITHOUT THEIR MOTHER! I DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS BUT NEITHER DO YOU! AS A MATTER OF FACT MY ANSWERS ARE PROBABLY CLOSER TO THE TRUTH THAN YOURS JUST BECAUSE I AM LOOKING AT IT MORE OBJECTIVELY THAN YOU.

Since: Jun 12

Collinsville,IL

#120 Jun 22, 2012
mugger wrote:
<quoted text>
LISTEN YOU TWIT, YOU ARE ABOUT STUPID. INCRIMINATE MYSELF! I DON'T HANG AROUND WITH LOWLIFES LIKE YOU. AND OK I WILL SAY MORE!! THEY WERE ALL DRUNK AND HAD SPENT THE DAY IN THE BAR. THEN GOT IN A CAR AND PROCEEDED TO DRIVE RECKLESSLY, MAYBE THAT SHWAN GUY WAS CHASING THEM BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THE DRIVER OF THE BLACK CAR GOT IN AND MADE A CHOICE, I REPEAT, A CHOICE TO DRIVE RECKLESSLY AND HE NOT ONLY KILLED HIMSELF BUT TWO OTHER PEOPLE AS WELL. NOW TWO LITTLE CHILDREN ARE GOING TO GROW UP WITHOUT THEIR MOTHER! I DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS BUT NEITHER DO YOU! AS A MATTER OF FACT MY ANSWERS ARE PROBABLY CLOSER TO THE TRUTH THAN YOURS JUST BECAUSE I AM LOOKING AT IT MORE OBJECTIVELY THAN YOU.
and you are about stupid because ..listen twitt your story has changed alittle every time you have posted.. and no you have no answers.... just speculation...
mugger

Eureka, MO

#121 Jun 22, 2012
I never said I had the answers, nothing I have said is fact, but neither is anything anybody else has said. so as I said before I am done with this.

Location hidden

#122 Jun 22, 2012
Hey you wrote:
It was her son you idiot and justice will be served
Don't call this person stupid. Obviously they genuinely didn't know. I think you should apologize.
dontworryboutit

United States

#123 Jun 22, 2012
mugger wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ask shawn what color truck the eye witness had!! Hmmm...... keep defending a murderer tho!

Location hidden

#124 Jun 22, 2012
dontworryboutit wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ask shawn what color truck the eye witness had!! Hmmm...... keep defending a murderer tho!
Who cares what color truck the eyewitness has. lol I think you meant the eyewitness "saw."

Mugger is not defending a murderer. He/she is merely voicing an opinion.
Louisville slugger o

United States

#126 Jun 23, 2012
superfly wrote:
I see dead people
is it your kids. your mom and dad. grandma and grandpa. is it your brother and sisters??? your mom and dad is in hell don't cry they deserve it for raising someone like you
Louisville slugger o

United States

#127 Jun 23, 2012
UNREAL wrote:
<quoted text>
what does my dad have anything to do with dumbasses drinking and driving.......DONT DRINK AND DRIVE IT KILLS YOU AND OTHERS WHO ARE INNOCENT.....doosh bag
your poor lil dead daddy was always drunk he beat on your poor mommy and stuck his penis in your mouth.... its ok he's burning in hell for that... the devil is raping your daddy now. hehe i hope you feel better when your loved ones die... cuz i will. haha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Foofoo 25 min Mike 15
Low Life Mother 48 min Wow 12
tony and kyle 1 hr truth be told 9
Sammie ship 1 hr Foofoo 27
Jacoby 2 hr becky 3
"Ice" slingers in gc (Mar '11) 2 hr Theonetheonly 31
Jeff Johnson (Jan '11) 3 hr Pink 5
Home wrecking hooches 5 hr Nobody special 44

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web