Smoking weed while pregnant?!
mmm

Granite City, IL

#115 Oct 17, 2012
If thc passes through the placenta then how come at the time of my daughter's birth I tested positive and she tested negative. All your links you have up there are nothing but government websites! My mother smoked with me while she was pregnant and I am a perfectly healthy, hard working, impulse comtrolling, non welfare having, tax paying citizen. I teach children with special needs and I have never once seen a child in my class room with special needs that came from smoking marijuana.
mahz

Edwardsville, IL

#116 Oct 17, 2012
mmm wrote:
If thc passes through the placenta then how come at the time of my daughter's birth I tested positive and she tested negative. All your links you have up there are nothing but government websites! My mother smoked with me while she was pregnant and I am a perfectly healthy, hard working, impulse comtrolling, non welfare having, tax paying citizen. I teach children with special needs and I have never once seen a child in my class room with special needs that came from smoking marijuana.
If you had read the first reference and understood it you might get why your daughter could test negative and you test positive. But let's be real here. You don't want to hear the facts or truth in the matter. You're just a dope head who will do or say anything to justify your addiction.

If you are a teacher and are smoking dope we need to have you pulled from the classroom. I'd say the city needs to give all it's special needs teachers some random drug screens.
whatever

United States

#117 Oct 17, 2012
Hmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that smoking pot doesn't make someone a bad parent, smoking pot while pregnant or with your child in the room, that is what makes pot smokers bad parents.
my ob always told me its no different than smoking cigarettes. Does smoking cigarettes make someone a bad parent too?

I guess this is all a matter of personal opinion. I know some woman who smoke and are amazing parents. I also know some real piece of shit parents and it has nothing to do with pot.
mmm

Granite City, IL

#118 Oct 17, 2012
Wow! Granite city's finest right here. I'm a dope head for smoking a plant haha that's some good stuff. So now let's get really real. The only thing you want to hear are what the government feeds you. I will continue smoking marijuana and I will also continue to have children that are at the above average IQ level. All you other granite city degenerates will continue smoking cigarettes and let your children breathe in the filthy air. And then you can bring your little special needs children to my classroom and you will never guess that behind closed doors I am freeing my mind and spirit. I also already receive drug tests which I pass every one with flying colors :)
mmm

Granite City, IL

#119 Oct 17, 2012
I am more than sure that you poison your body with alcohol frequently. So while you put poison into your body I will continue to smoke a plant that is proven kill cancer cells!
Hmmmmmm

Edwardsville, IL

#120 Oct 17, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text> my ob always told me its no different than smoking cigarettes. Does smoking cigarettes make someone a bad parent too?
I guess this is all a matter of personal opinion. I know some woman who smoke and are amazing parents. I also know some real piece of shit parents and it has nothing to do with pot.
I am female by the way.

Apparently you did not comprehend what I said at. I said smoking pot does not make you a bad parent. So in other words, I think that people who smoke pot can still be good parents. What I also said is that if you smoke pot while pregnant or with your child in the room, you are a bad parent. The exact same goes for smoking cigs while pregnant or with your hild in the room, drinking while pregnant or in excess while your child is present and any other drugs while pregnant or caring for your child.
Hmmmmmm

Edwardsville, IL

#121 Oct 17, 2012
mmm wrote:
Wow! Granite city's finest right here. I'm a dope head for smoking a plant haha that's some good stuff. So now let's get really real. The only thing you want to hear are what the government feeds you. I will continue smoking marijuana and I will also continue to have children that are at the above average IQ level. All you other granite city degenerates will continue smoking cigarettes and let your children breathe in the filthy air. And then you can bring your little special needs children to my classroom and you will never guess that behind closed doors I am freeing my mind and spirit. I also already receive drug tests which I pass every one with flying colors :)
You have no business being a teacher, not because you smoke pot, but because you do so pregnant and most likely with your child present.
Hmmmmmm

Edwardsville, IL

#122 Oct 17, 2012
mmm wrote:
I am more than sure that you poison your body with alcohol frequently. So while you put poison into your body I will continue to smoke a plant that is proven kill cancer cells!
Not sure who you directed this to, but first of all I think pot should be legal. I just don't think that women should do anything that can harm their baby while pregnant, which includes drinking alcohol, doing drugs including pot and cigs and they shouldn't smoke pot around their children or smoke around their children and so on.

I don't smoke anything, drink nor do any drugs.
whatever

United States

#123 Oct 17, 2012
Hmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I am female by the way.
Apparently you did not comprehend what I said at. I said smoking pot does not make you a bad parent. So in other words, I think that people who smoke pot can still be good parents. What I also said is that if you smoke pot while pregnant or with your child in the room, you are a bad parent. The exact same goes for smoking cigs while pregnant or with your hild in the room, drinking while pregnant or in excess while your child is present and any other drugs while pregnant or caring for your child.
I comprehended. I was just clarifying that youre an idiot.
Hmmmmmm

Edwardsville, IL

#124 Oct 17, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I comprehended. I was just clarifying that youre an idiot.
How am I an idiot? These substances can be harmful to a developing fetus, so how is it I am an idiot? Seems to me those smokeing pot while pregnant and with their child in the room are the idiots!
YOUR NAME

East Alton, IL

#125 Oct 17, 2012
Nope!!
mmm

Mount Vernon, MO

#126 Oct 17, 2012
I would love to see where it is proven that marijuana will harm a fetus. And I'm sure you'll give me a link to a study that has been done on rats or other animals not humans. I on the other hand have smoked marijuana while pregnant and my baby was born 7 lbs 6 oz and not a flaw in sight. She is now a two year old who can already count to ten, has a very wide vocabulary, and thrives with every task she us given. My mother smoked with me, I was born 7 lbs 8 oz, got straight a's all through out my school career, went to college, got multiple degrees, and now I hold down a fantastic job. Now there is a real life study for you. Don't feed me your government bullish*t because I am no idiot. I know the truth and that is the end of it.
Wow

Edwardsville, IL

#127 Oct 19, 2012
http://4mind4life.com/blog/2008/06/24/smoking...

This link explains how and why smoking weed while pregnant harms you baby's brain development, even if it is not apparent.
mahz

Collinsville, IL

#128 Oct 19, 2012
mmm wrote:
I would love to see where it is proven that marijuana will harm a fetus. And I'm sure you'll give me a link to a study that has been done on rats or other animals not humans. I on the other hand have smoked marijuana while pregnant and my baby was born 7 lbs 6 oz and not a flaw in sight. She is now a two year old who can already count to ten, has a very wide vocabulary, and thrives with every task she us given. My mother smoked with me, I was born 7 lbs 8 oz, got straight a's all through out my school career, went to college, got multiple degrees, and now I hold down a fantastic job. Now there is a real life study for you. Don't feed me your government bullish*t because I am no idiot. I know the truth and that is the end of it.
I offer data, you offer an anecdote. Sorry, you lose idiot.
I know

United States

#129 Nov 15, 2012
All you morons saying weed does this and that need to stop talking out of your asses. Marijuana has not been shown to cause ANY DEFECTS at all when used during pregnancy. Source? My brother is an M.D.(anesthesiologist) and not only did he tell me, he showed me HIS SOURCE in his medical books. So stfu and stop being so damn ignorant.
That being said IMO if it were my wife I'd have her eat the pot instead of smoke it. It'd be easier on HER lungs and I don't smoke so I don't wanna smell that shit. But facts are facts morons. Are any of you doctors? I think not. Are any of your brothers doctors? I think not. Stop making up dumb shit or stating wanna be facts from your idiot know-it-all friends. These are REAL facts, from a REAL doctor who btw went to Uconn med. school. GO HUSKIES!!!!!
I know

United States

#130 Nov 15, 2012
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had read the first reference and understood it you might get why your daughter could test negative and you test positive. But let's be real here. You don't want to hear the facts or truth in the matter. You're just a dope head who will do or say anything to justify your addiction.
If you are a teacher and are smoking dope we need to have you pulled from the classroom. I'd say the city needs to give all it's special needs teachers some random drug screens.
It's because of ignorant idiots like you that weed is illegal. You are an imbecil. But I bet you or your friends drink your little cocktails and you see nothing wrong with it, huh? Idiot sheeple. BAAAH!
angry

Belleville, IL

#131 Nov 15, 2012
I am a mother of two children , I smoked weed while I was pregnate with both as the Dr digested to keep my stress levels down! One child is a straight A student in high-school taking honors classes and the other in special education! And when we started testing the one that's now in special ed it was caused by genetics on her fathers side so in my opinion weed does not hurt the fetus at all its all in genetics :)
mahz

Caseyville, IL

#132 Nov 15, 2012
I know wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because of ignorant idiots like you that weed is illegal. You are an imbecil. But I bet you or your friends drink your little cocktails and you see nothing wrong with it, huh? Idiot sheeple. BAAAH!
Nope, I dont drink. Druggie. Don't try to justify your scumminess by accusing me of being a scumbag as well. You're all alone on this one doper.
mahz

Caseyville, IL

#134 Nov 15, 2012
angry wrote:
I am a mother of two children , I smoked weed while I was pregnate with both as the Dr digested to keep my stress levels down! One child is a straight A student in high-school taking honors classes and the other in special education! And when we started testing the one that's now in special ed it was caused by genetics on her fathers side so in my opinion weed does not hurt the fetus at all its all in genetics :)
There's your opinion, and then there's scientifically proven facts. Like the articles I posted.
Angry

Belleville, IL

#135 Nov 16, 2012
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
There's your opinion, and then there's scientifically proven facts. Like the articles I posted.
Okay u posted articals so what everyday. They r finding new things as why its good for u and if it was so horrible some states wouldn't have already legalized it! They have already proven its better for u than alcohol but yet that's still legal! If your gonna do research look for the good and bad! Not just the bad! And for your information I smoked a hell a lot more with my first one than I ever thought about with my second and he's a straight a student in honors classes! And no I don't smoke anymore do to my job I get drug tested!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother of the Year Award 2 min FooMahz 41
Missing comment 2 hr Chiboom 7
Petition Mommy 7 hr FooMahz 47
Am i bi or gay 7 hr Mike 21
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Sun JustTheFacts 162
Who’s Sarah Sun mahz 1
The forcast says Rain Sun FooMahz 10

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granite City Mortgages