Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

No it's the same owner I believe. However I have been having the same experience. Great food but service not so well. I hope they don't depend on tip money to get them by
Grease

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

We all like a little grease, that is why we go to these places right? Last time I was there, I used two or more napkins to soak up the grease from my hashbrowns. That is too much grease. I could not eat them. Girl waiting on us didnt notice, or care there was a couple of cops in there she was flirting with.
info

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

tinsley wrote:
No it's the same owner I believe. However I have been having the same experience. Great food but service not so well. I hope they don't depend on tip money to get them by
I'm not sure how they do it now, but the house used to keep the tips and the wait staff got min. wage. No incentive for them to go the extra mile if they get none of the tip.
GCs BEST

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

i jus do the carry out option cuz i love the food owners a nice guy but needs new wait staff

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

info wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not sure how they do it now, but the house used to keep the tips and the wait staff got min. wage. No incentive for them to go the extra mile if they get none of the tip.
If true, that totally sucks.
That place seems to do a good business (don't care for it myself) which should result in decent tips.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Mr. George, a six month vacation sounds great!:)
1958 granite lady

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Where is Park Grill,please . I can't place it.
Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Id address your issues with the owner. He will welcome the good and bad comments. They are good people running a family business. I can tell you for a fact that the house doesn't get the tips. Everyone working there is family but one or two people. They are some of the most unselfish people I know. Call Michael ( the owner) with your issues.
Uh Huh

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

1958 granite lady wrote:
Where is Park Grill,please . I can't place it.
Corner of 203/Nameoki & 162
1958 granite lady

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Thank you Uh Huh . I remember when that building was a Farmers Market and then Fat Archies.
skittles

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

1958 granite lady wrote:
Thank you Uh Huh . I remember when that building was a Farmers Market and then Fat Archies.
It used to be in Venice IL a long time ago near Mckinley Brodge
1958 granite lady

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Small world. My mom grew up in Venice on Main St, just down from the Bridge Office.
Burger

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Just had park grill tonight it was great. My waitress was great to she was about four and did a great job.only at park grill love it
Jay

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

I went last Friday and had an older woman as my waitress she was very nice and made sure we were taken care of. The food was also amazing as always. I was glad that they got this new waitress because that other one does not know what she is doing
Chumlee

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

As with most business's where the family works, there will be some domestic problems, it cannot be helped. Park Grill is my favorite, have been eating there since great grandma had it in Venice in 64. Have breakfast there every morning with some friends. Greasy, yes, part of the charm. Wait staff gets the job done well. If you have a problem, show some balls and talk to Michael, he will listen. Using scrub forums like this and granite city gossip will get nothing accomplished and only cause more problems. The name says it all GOSSIP.
Get over it.
Tonia

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

So why can't anyone put any names on this topic. If you have a problem talk with mike. I go down there with my family and friends and the food is fine and the workers are. But the issue is I am getting blamed for bullshit on this website wtf
April

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Don't go there unless you want the waitress to beat you up.. I heard this through my work that the young waitress attacked the older woman who works there for no reason. If punches are thrown that person should be fired. It's a business not a zoo.

“Singer with big dreams”

Since: Dec 12

Granite City,IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

I always like a good double cheeseburger with fries & a bowl of vegetable beef soup(just like my Grandma made)I always go for a good burger & not going to stop. Oh, the staff there are nice & friendly there.
mcs

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

park grill is good i dont know where the grease is comming in there we eat there just about every friday for fish and fries and we never got a thing that was greasy,hmmmmm just saying that is the best sit down resturant in town so dont like dont go...done...i used to go there when i was a kid we lived on main street and we would walk to leona's back then and eat lunch down on broadway in venice family owned for ever...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Granite City Forum right now

Search the Granite City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2 die from overdoses in Madison County 7 min I Make Steel 4
granite city works steel mill 26 min GC resident 37
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 48,917
Facebook Madison Co Illinois Online Yard Sale 2 (Aug '13) 1 hr Name 7
Frawley's (Jul '11) 3 hr Downtown Brown 117
Useless Neighbors 8 hr Fly on the wall 22
Thieves 9 hr gc guy 22
•••
•••
•••
Granite City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Granite City Jobs