sad

Granite City, IL

#1 Oct 8, 2012
im gay and no one knows it. i cant keep these lies going for very long. im scared of rejection. i really dont want anyone to hate me for a stupid reason like this but i know they will :( i dont wanna be alone and i think about suicide alot and i need help before i do something stupid cause i know its gonna happen but i dont know what to do. im never happy and all i want is to be happy and loved WHAT SHOULD I DO? i feel so alone
1958 granite lady

Collinsville, IL

#2 Oct 8, 2012
tell your parents. a friend. a counselor if you are still in school. there are web sites. if you think you might yourself, go to any hospital. there are so many options besides hurting yourself. PLEASE do not do that !!!
canoe

Belleville, IL

#3 Oct 8, 2012
You are doing the right thing by reaching out any way you can. Suicide is NOT the answer!!!! There are plenty of support systems for you.

Start here: 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)(GLNH - Gay Lesbian Network Hotline)

We're all afraid of rejection, and we all want to be loved. But you have to love yourself first.

Stand tall, hold your head up high, find people you can talk to, and do NOT give up. So you're gay?!?!?! I'm diabetic, he's a democrat, she's a cat lover, he's a vegetarian, she's on welfare, he's black, she's white, he's messy, she's a neat-freak. Pick your genre...we're all something and we're all "hated" by one group or another!
just me

Granite City, IL

#4 Oct 8, 2012
Here is a link to a great organization with lots of resources

https://www.facebook.com/noh8campaign

good luck!
yoo

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Oct 8, 2012
First word of advice is to delete this post and go to a website that specializes in this stuff because the people on this site are cruel and there's a very good chance someone will say something really hurtful to you.

But Don't let anyone tell you how you should be or what you should be. You are you! Take pride in that. Smile. And be happy. Again, delete this post. I'm only saying it to protect you. Please listen.
mahz

Belleville, IL

#6 Oct 9, 2012
sad wrote:
im gay and no one knows it. i cant keep these lies going for very long. im scared of rejection. i really dont want anyone to hate me for a stupid reason like this but i know they will :( i dont wanna be alone and i think about suicide alot and i need help before i do something stupid cause i know its gonna happen but i dont know what to do. im never happy and all i want is to be happy and loved WHAT SHOULD I DO? i feel so alone
Anyone who would hate you for being gay is a moron whose opinion isnt worth a sh!t anyway. Why would you want to continue staying in their good graces when they are just ignorant worthless bigots whose opinion shouldn't matter to you.
Heeheehee

United States

#7 Oct 9, 2012
If you can talk to someone, that will be a big relief off your shoulders. People that reject you is better left out of your life! You dont need that in your life. Hope you talk to someone quick, talking about suicide is dangerous :(
please

United States

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Your not alone. I have many friends who are gay and I love them just the same. Your true friends will not judge you. Please find someone to talk to. Being gay isn't anything to be ashamed of. Keep your head up. Please visit the sites or call the numbers others gave you. Prayers for you.
cherry

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Oct 9, 2012
PLEASE don;t do anything STUPID!!!! You are not alone!!! My son is gay and I LOVE HIM with all my heart!!!!!!! I will HELP you with anything I can!!!!! Just let me know!!!
My Opinion

Edwardsville, IL

#10 Oct 9, 2012
I want to preface this by saying this is just my opnion...I would recommend that you ignore your gay feelings and try to live a normal life. Being gay is just a genetic defect. It's not anything you should be ashamed of but I don't think it needs to be promoted. Just acknowledge you're different...no one cares if you're gay. No one wants to know if you're gay. No one needs to know...Why do you feel the need to tell everyone? Just find a girl and make the best of it.
HangInThere

Granite City, IL

#11 Oct 9, 2012
OMGosh...please hang in there, it WILL get better. Suicide is not a solution and you will leave your family and friends and everyone who cares about you devastated. Please, please - trust me on that.
I know someone who was bullied so badly throughout his high school years (just a few years ago) he was miserable and suicidal for most of his four years there. He is now in his mid-20s and "out" and happy and healthy and now has a huge circle of support surrounding him. He has really come into his own and it's so awesome to see after having seen him so miserable and confused for all those years.
Find support via one of the suggestions here (except for the suggestion to "ignore/suppress your gayness" (that's ridiculous and not helpful at all, IMO), talk to someone very close to you that you trust, take it one step at a time but do not harm yourself. It'll all work out and I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised how accepting those close to you are once they know. Hang in there!!{{HUGS}}
Smartass

United States

#12 Oct 9, 2012
Cheer up! It'll be alright. You'll be back on your knees in no time!
My Opinion

Edwardsville, IL

#13 Oct 9, 2012
Whatever you do, do not commit suicide! There are highs and lows in life and one your highs could be right around the corner. Just remember there are people in this world that have it worse than you. It probably doesn't help to hear that but it's the truth.

You're only worried about telling people you're gay...get over it. Make the world a better place...Make others happy!

Look at some of these links:
&fe ature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I've been depressed my entire life but I still get through because I know that it's really not that bad.
mahz

Belleville, IL

#14 Oct 9, 2012
My Opinion wrote:
I want to preface this by saying this is just my opnion...I would recommend that you ignore your gay feelings and try to live a normal life. Being gay is just a genetic defect. It's not anything you should be ashamed of but I don't think it needs to be promoted. Just acknowledge you're different...no one cares if you're gay. No one wants to know if you're gay. No one needs to know...Why do you feel the need to tell everyone? Just find a girl and make the best of it.
A genetic defect? Which gene is the gay one?
Unbelievable

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Oct 9, 2012
Suicide is never the answer.

Don't listen to these idiots on this board that want to ridicule you.

There is NO reason to be sad about being gay. There are TONS of people out there waiting to meet you and make friends. There are a lot of people out there that have gone through the same thing you are going through.

You are NOT alone. Get out of GC and into the City. There are so many groups and activities for you to go to... many friends to meet!

There are many good things to come in your future. Don't give up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 34 min Rauner Sucks 2,357
granite city thots 51 min muah 2
tattoo tom 1 hr Sarah 18
Rob Schrader and amy denson 1 hr Getalife 1
the lunch mob 1 hr Lmao 11
Anna Hosier Back In Granite (Oct '13) 1 hr ugh 30
Is Nameoki Marine shutting down? 1 hr Rainman 9
Murders and murder victims in and from Granite ... 7 hr mahz 44
More from around the web

Granite City People Search