iBinPharteen

Saint Louis, MO

#109 Jun 19, 2013
ParadoxRiker wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder how much money is being diverted from other areas in the city to keep it afloat?
That is the part that bothers me the most.

“Singer with big dreams”

Since: Dec 12

Granite City,IL

#110 Jun 19, 2013
ParadoxRiker wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I said that was because you don't make sense when you speak like that. Being perfect has nothing to do with it. It is about putting forth some effort and try to better yourself instead of sitting at the library playing games.
What I do at the Library is non of your beeswax so lay off me about making mistakes in post.

“Singer with big dreams”

Granite City,IL

#111 Jun 19, 2013
iBinPharteen wrote:
<quoted text>
Naa, not really retarded. Just hate watching good money go down the drain. money that could have paid down debt, fixed roads, fix sewer problems, etc.
PT Barnum I believe said "A fool and his money are soon parted. " We definitely got parted from ours!
As I said, the TIF bond holders are laughing at granite city folk all the way to the bank. If I was a TIF bond holder I really would have no incentive for posting as I would be one laughing as well while cashing in.
Anyone else that didn't see it might be specially retarded. That I would agree with.
You know something telling me, that your friends or your self got in trouble by braking the rules & they kicked of the cinema. So is that true or you just don't like that TIF money was used to build something for the city.
mahz

Saint Louis, MO

#112 Jun 19, 2013
Idol Reject wrote:
<quoted text>
You know something telling me, that your friends or your self got in trouble by braking the rules & they kicked of the cinema. So is that true or you just don't like that TIF money was used to build something for the city.
It's not surprising that you enjoy other people's money, being that you are a lazy retard who needs other people to buy him a bike because he spends all his money at the bar.
iBinPharteen

Saint Louis, MO

#113 Jun 19, 2013
Idol Reject wrote:
<quoted text>You know something telling me, that your friends or your self got in trouble by braking the rules & they kicked of the cinema. So is that true or you just don't like that TIF money was used to build something for the city.
Now that is funny, I can tell you the first part isn't true cause I have never set foot in the place, nor do I plan to.

I think next week I am going to do some. TIF bond shopping and see what I can own. Least then I can laugh at you two different ways

1.) all the way to the bank with my $$$$ TIF check.

2.) laugh at your comments and your generalizations about me here.

I will be sure to think really hard about it while I hold that Benjamin in my hand on Friday or Saturday nights, or reinvest it in more TIFs that have principals and interest due.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#114 Jun 20, 2013
Wow, they are already putting a new roof on the theater. That must have been a real low bid contractor that built that. $55,000 for the new roof. What a joke.

“Singer with big dreams”

Granite City,IL

#115 Jun 20, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not surprising that you enjoy other people's money, being that you are a lazy retard who needs other people to buy him a bike because he spends all his money at the bar.
I am lazy, well let me tell ya something. I have friends that care about me & steped out there way to start a collection for me to get a bike. Also, I don't spend all my money at bars, & its non of your beeswax on what I spend my money on. Also, my friends will back me up anyday.

“Singer with big dreams”

Granite City,IL

#116 Jun 20, 2013
iBinPharteen wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is funny, I can tell you the first part isn't true cause I have never set foot in the place, nor do I plan to.
I think next week I am going to do some. TIF bond shopping and see what I can own. Least then I can laugh at you two different ways
1.) all the way to the bank with my $$$$ TIF check.
2.) laugh at your comments and your generalizations about me here.
I will be sure to think really hard about it while I hold that Benjamin in my hand on Friday or Saturday nights, or reinvest it in more TIFs that have principals and interest due.
Ok, so your friends got in trouble then. I love the cinema alot & I am glad we got 1 here now insted of going out of town to see a movie or wait til it comes out on DVD to see it. You know, you need to check out local places in this city cause we need to support local places not go out of town & spend money in another town.

Location hidden

#117 Jun 20, 2013
Idol Reject wrote:
<quoted text>
I am lazy, well let me tell ya something. I have friends that care about me & steped out there way to start a collection for me to get a bike. Also, I don't spend all my money at bars, & its non of your beeswax on what I spend my money on. Also, my friends will back me up anyday.
Lol, you admit you are lazy!
EasyRider

Granite City, IL

#118 Jun 20, 2013
ParadoxRiker wrote:
Wow, they are already putting a new roof on the theater. That must have been a real low bid contractor that built that.$55,000 for the new roof. What a joke.
Or maybe it was damaged in the hail storm last year and the insurance is replacing it. You should really get a clue before you speak Riker. Often times you sound, well..........stupid. Sorry.

Location hidden

#119 Jun 20, 2013
EasyRider wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe it was damaged in the hail storm last year and the insurance is replacing it. You should really get a clue before you speak Riker. Often times you sound, well..........stupid. Sorry.
I do know what I am talking about. They started having problems with it 6 months after it opened

:)
tickets

United States

#120 Jun 20, 2013
ParadoxRiker wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know what I am talking about. They started having problems with it 6 months after it opened
:)
I work there. You're wrong. Oh and stupid rikee
iBinPharteen

Edwardsville, IL

#121 Jun 20, 2013
ParadoxRiker wrote:
Wow, they are already putting a new roof on the theater. That must have been a real low bid contractor that built that.$55,000 for the new roof. What a joke.
The contractor probably only spent $20k for materials and labor and pocketed $35k for themselves. Another instance of them laughing all the way to the bank.

The stupid keep complaining and not really putting 2 and 2 together and realizing they are part of the problem!
iBinPharteen

United States

#122 Jun 21, 2013
Idol Reject wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, so your friends got in trouble then.
Not exactly- did you know that getting tires on a 2010 Chevy traverse costs close to $215-220 out the door? Yea a client I had got to learn that while at your theatre you love so much. So for them, their 2 girls tickets were about $50 ish. Not bad there really. However getting a tow back to collinsville and then to the tire dealer to tell them " uhh sir these were slashed. Road hazard doesn't cover that. "

From what I understood they won't be back. They could deal with the popcorn being crappy, and the outrageous prices for the soda, but the tires was the straw.

I couldn't blame them, I wouldn't go back. Oh and granite pd was happy to take a report.

For what they paid , I booked them a nice cruise on royal Caribbean and gave them the discount (and this was my best discount name yet!)

"granite city movie theatre sucks -$60 discount "

The best part, He Pinterested the receipt copy with his story!

“Singer with big dreams”

Granite City,IL

#123 Jun 21, 2013
iBinPharteen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly- did you know that getting tires on a 2010 Chevy traverse costs close to $215-220 out the door? Yea a client I had got to learn that while at your theatre you love so much. So for them, their 2 girls tickets were about $50 ish. Not bad there really. However getting a tow back to collinsville and then to the tire dealer to tell them " uhh sir these were slashed. Road hazard doesn't cover that. "
From what I understood they won't be back. They could deal with the popcorn being crappy, and the outrageous prices for the soda, but the tires was the straw.
I couldn't blame them, I wouldn't go back. Oh and granite pd was happy to take a report.

For what they paid , I booked them a nice cruise on royal Caribbean and gave them the discount (and this was my best discount name yet!)
"granite city movie theatre sucks -$60 discount "
The best part, He Pinterested the receipt copy with his story!
$50 was the overall price after the tickets(depending what they are seeing)Soda price is ok(So you don't like to pay $3.50 for a small soda). The popcorn is crappy(its Orval man good popcorn). Also someone tires slashed, if there a trouble maker want to slash someone tires in a parking lot then they will be busted on the cams outside the building & around the city(oh thats right you are against them also). Why you hate on what the Mayor of this city & the people in the chairs at city hall are doing to make the city good again. I think Ed & t he aldermen/women are doing a good job & I like how they are turning bad into good. If you don't like it then leave this city or better yet why don't you help pitch in keep the city looking good.

“Singer with big dreams”

Granite City,IL

#124 Jun 21, 2013
tickets wrote:
<quoted text>
I work there. You're wrong. Oh and stupid rikee
Some people don't understand & hate that TIF money was used to build it insted of some other way. You guys are always nice & cool people & if people don't like it tough. They will never learn.
iBinPharteen

Saint Louis, MO

#125 Jun 21, 2013
Idol Reject wrote:
<quoted text>$50 was the overall price after the tickets(depending what they are seeing)Soda price is ok(So you don't like to pay $3.50 for a small soda). The popcorn is crappy(its Orval man good popcorn). Also someone tires slashed, if there a trouble maker want to slash someone tires in a parking lot then they will be busted on the cams outside the building & around the city(oh thats right you are against them also). Why you hate on what the Mayor of this city & the people in the chairs at city hall are doing to make the city good again. I think Ed & t he aldermen/women are doing a good job & I like how they are turning bad into good. If you don't like it then leave this city or better yet why don't you help pitch in keep the city looking good.
Apparently and as they found out the hard way, those cameras don't work!

I don't hate the mayor, I really don't know him personally to hate him. However that doesn't give you a "get out of stupid financial decisions free" pass.

He was stupid and irresponsible, nothing said here changes that!
Mr Obvious

Granite City, IL

#126 Jun 21, 2013
It's Friday evening. So what time should I drive downtown to see the full parking lot, and the big line at the ticket window?
iBinPharteen

Saint Louis, MO

#127 Jun 21, 2013
Mr Obvious wrote:
It's Friday evening. So what time should I drive downtown to see the full parking lot, and the big line at the ticket window?
LMMFAO!!!!

Fantastic!!!
I live in Granite

Granite City, IL

#128 Jun 26, 2013
I love the theater, I go all the time. Its very nice and great to have it so close to my home. The prices are low as well. I am very glad that it has been put in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christopher Wallace 54 min Gods child 89
Will the Dover Tennessee people go home 1 hr Richard 5
Granite City Sambos Restaurant 2 hr old man 12
jake miller 2 hr homielocos 15
us steel layoffs or closing down? 4 hr deadbeats 91
Police seek help solving fatal hit-and-run in G... (Jun '14) 4 hr deadbeats 78
jessica spink (Jul '14) 6 hr Bobby 30
Granite City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Granite City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:35PM
Who Benefits Most from Hiring of Gase?
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
How Bears Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report12:00 AM
3 Mistakes the Chicago Bears Can't Afford to Make This Offseason
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Tillman Hints at Return to Bears with Tweet