Dress Less Brides After Bridal Boutiq...

Dress Less Brides After Bridal Boutique Closes

There are 60 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Jun 1, 2007, titled Dress Less Brides After Bridal Boutique Closes. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Dress boutique closes leaving brides without their gowns. 185 Most young ladies dream of walking down the aisle in a beautiful gown on their wedding day but for two Northern California brides that dream has ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Keepsakes Bridal

Grass Valley, CA

#47 Jun 4, 2007
Please feel free to come apply for a position at Keepsakes, we're always looking for employees with experience!
DRESS -LESS BRIDE -

Sacramento, CA

#48 Jun 6, 2007
WOW .. how can some one live with themselves after scamming so many people ...

the owner would not let us pay with credit card, but only allowed us to put a small deposit of 50 on my card. Mom had to go to the bank, and come back the following day....
I am so fustrated... just a few days before my wedding....

wish I could see her...

my only comfort is that - YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW..

all the heart ache..and trouble you have caused will come back to you.. you thief!
Jennifer

Davis, CA

#49 Jun 7, 2007
Has anyone who had orders there actually heard from the owner and has she been getting people their dresses? I've ordered a bridal gown and 6 bridesmaids dresses there which should be in and haven't been able to contact her to find out if I'll get them. The voice mailbox seems to always be full. I just want to know if I should be out looking for other dresses. Thanks.
Concerned friend

Elk Grove, CA

#50 Jun 7, 2007
My friend is one of the brides who are now gownless. She is looking for another dress similar to the one she had. She is really saddened by this. We are trying to help her out by helping her find a new gown. Good thing her wedding is not til September.
LaBree Yates

Edinburg, TX

#51 Jun 7, 2007
I was a bride with out a dress, I have one now but I am still furious that I have not yet been contacted further about the situation. If you have the same problem I have an idea. It seems every one has a myspace profile these days so I've created a myspace group called the Bridal Boutique Mess. Please add me to your contacts with a message informing me that you are a bride or bridesmaid that is with out and I will invite you to be in the group. We will have to take legal action to get our money back, and it would be nice to do it with eachothers support!

myspace.com/klyates87
LaBree Yates

Edinburg, TX

#52 Jun 7, 2007
Jennifer...GO LOOK NOW! Call the manufactuer, your dress was never ordered sweet heart. Mine wasn't and neither were my brides maids. My day is in 8 days thankfully I found a dress and am getting it tomorrow. I encourage you all to contact BBB with your complaints.
In the begining we heard she was getting a divorce, now I hear nothing of the divorce, just that there is an illness in the family. If this is the case I feel terrible for her but she needs to live up to the professional standard that we all expected and dependon on. Otherwise with all of the lies i've been hearing (your dress wont' be ready beacuse it's made in china and china closed down for the month for new years- yeah heard that story from a group of brides maids for a wedding on the 23rd)
Jennifer

Sacramento, CA

#53 Jun 8, 2007
LaBree - interesting, mine were ordered from Alfred Angelo and she told me they closed down for a month in January... I did contact them and the bridesmaids dresses were all ordered, and they still have and I should be able to get directly from them, but they couldn't find my dress order. I already filed a complaint with the BBB and I'm going to contact a lawyer today. I ordered my dress in August to make sure I had it in plenty of time and was first told 6-8 months, after 8 months they tell me they make and ship them only by wedding date, should have told them the wedding was earlier. Thanks for the advice, i'll be out this weekend looking for a new dress. The frustrating part is not being able to contact her at all.
CLT

Sacramento, CA

#54 Jun 8, 2007
Tragic closing of bridal boutique for so many brides....I was also scammed by this wreched woman!! I ordered a dress from her back in December and by April the dress still wasn't in and my wedding was May 5, 2007.....After calling over and over I would get the same answer "I don't understand why your so worried, your dress will be here in time". And her mother Shirley who acts as a bridal consultant would just play stupid when I called. Finally I went in there in person one week before my wedding and demanded to see some proof of shipping and/or order...They couldn't provide me with any answers and I knew at that time they were lying!!! I sat in the store that day (April 28th) for 7 hours and told them I wouldn't leave that day without a dress in hand, I knew I wasn't going to get any deposit back. So I picked out a dress that I was "settling for" just to have a wedding dress. I picked it up after alterations the day before my wedding and is was wrinkled and filthy..They hadn't even pressed or cleaned it!! My mother had to spend hours before my wedding ironing my dress.

She can't get away with all this, there is something that has to be done.
sheri roseville ca

Granite Bay, CA

#55 Jun 9, 2007
My daughter also chose bridal boutique to order her dresses from, 5 alfred angelo dresses for her bridemaides. Sandy said they would take 3 to 5 mo. June was five mo. when I called the store to check the progress Sandys mother Shirly would also rudly give me the run around and excuses. I also ordered 7 yards of material that I finally picked up after calling several times. when I picked it up may 8th I asked if she would check our dress order, she said that they would not call and check on it untill middle of june. I told her the dresses should be here by the first of june she just gave me excuse after excuse. she also would not let me pay for the material by my visa. although I paid my deposit on the dresses the first of jan with visa. anyone that paid by credit card needs to call the card co. and you should get a credit. my visa card co. said they would credit my card in about 3 to 5 days. i should have gone with the odd feeling i had every time i came in, the lights were not on and Sandy was never around. I am sure our order was never placed. How dare this women Sandy do this to so many brides-to-be! she has left us all to scramble and find other bridal shops to rush orders and all we can do is hope and pray they come in on time. In the end it is Sandy Coker who has to live with herself, "what goes around comes around"

Since: Jun 07

Roseville

#56 Jun 9, 2007
For all those women left in the lurch by this horrible scam artist, I would like to recommend that you head immediately to the garment district in San Francisco. It is where my wife found her's and her bride's maid dresses. they are cheap and available...name brand designers. If you can't find the exact ones you ordered, you should be able to find close seconds. I promise you, you will not be disappointed, and it is where a great many women toddle off to with moms and friends in tow.

Good luck, and I am sorry this had to happen to so many people. Nothing like more stress added to the most stressful and happy day of your life.
Out of Dress Bride

United States

#57 Jun 13, 2007
I am one of the brides. Right now I am working with her on getting my dress back (I will know by later this week). Before she contacted me (which took awhile) I called my Manufacturer and they recommmended me to De La Rosa Bridal in Folsom. I have been working with them and they aer VERY generous and knowledgable, they got me information from the manufacturer that I was unable to get (being in the public). Even if I do get my dress back De La Rosa will continue to take care of the rest of my needs from Bridesmaids to tux's!
NNA

Sacramento, CA

#58 Jun 13, 2007
American Infidel wrote:
For all those women left in the lurch by this horrible scam artist, I would like to recommend that you head immediately to the garment district in San Francisco. It is where my wife found her's and her bride's maid dresses. they are cheap and available...name brand designers. If you can't find the exact ones you ordered, you should be able to find close seconds. I promise you, you will not be disappointed, and it is where a great many women toddle off to with moms and friends in tow.
Good luck, and I am sorry this had to happen to so many people. Nothing like more stress added to the most stressful and happy day of your life.
BEWARE OF SCAM ARTISTS.
Saw it all

Citrus Heights, CA

#59 Jun 13, 2007
I worked for Sandie, what a peach!!! At first everything seemed fine, but I slowly started noticing things were not right and she was lying. She tried to hide things, but I always figured out what was going on. Once I realized everything she was doing, and after she started bouncing my paychecks, I quit. She was always taking money for deposits and she was using the money to buy gowns for other brides, and so on and so on. She was having most of the bridesmaids dresses made at the alterations shop on the corner and was using cheap fabric,(they were ugly). She would take the tags out of larger dresses and put smaller tags in them so the bride would have to pay for the alterations. I have a VERY long list of things I saw her do. I contacted the D.A.'s office a year ago to file a complaint, but since I did not have the specific names of victims and the victims never came forward, there was not much they could do. I gave them my information in case anyone did come forward. Hopefully I can help. I am sorry to all of the brides who had to suffer from what she did. Trust me when I say she is not a happy woman, in fact, she was quite miserable. I can only imagine how she is now!!! What a life to live.
Kittra Carter

Stockton, CA

#60 Jun 14, 2007
Still waiting for answer I paid in full for my dress in Feb and they where holding on to it still the wedding day I have 3 months before my wedding and still have gotten an answer of what I should do I loved the dress I bought and I have even gone to several other store to try to find it and nobady has is ... the lady didnt even write the info on the recipt correctly... the dress is discontinued I bought it off the rack.

If you can help please email me
at [email protected]
Kyle

United States

#61 Jun 23, 2007
If anyone has her contact information, such as home address, or cell phone number, please post it for the public to see. Thanks.
Soon to be Bride

United States

#62 Jun 24, 2007
Josette wrote:
im guessing bride to be works at Alexandrias. But thats just me, going out on a limb...
No i dont work at Alexandria's my fiancee and i have a very large family and we usually have a wedding, anniversary party or a quincera to attend every so few months and since i have been doing business with them for a few years they have been awsome since i my self am now getting married. They have truly been the best they are so helpful and when i have a last minute need they always try to squeez me into there packed schedule. And why does positive feed back or a good refferal always generate rude comments or people who just assume the world is out to get some one!

Since: Jun 07

Citrus Heights, CA

#63 Jun 25, 2007
Sandie's address and telephone number are listed under her husbands name, Dave Coker, in Granite Bay, CA...check out all of her past and pending problems through Sacramento County Court Records/ case information, as well as Placer County!!!
Brandi

United States

#64 Jun 26, 2007
Are any of you planning to do a lawsuit against this woman? I see so many responses and they are all the same, it seems we all went through the same thing and unfortunately it took this long for something to happen. I wish I wasn’t one of you ladies but unfortunately I was too. I ordered a dress in Jan 06 it came in Feb 07 after they said 6-8 months. I was married in December 07 and was lucky enough to have an understanding fiancé(at the time) to go and get me another dress, something he should have never had to do. Yes ladies you read that right my dress came in 3 months after my wedding.

If any one of you plans on doing anything please email me [email protected] I would love to have some satisfaction out of this.
eastbridal

Shanghai, China

#65 Nov 22, 2009
White or off white? Many guests wear very off white or muslin colored [url=http://www.eastbridal.com /bridesmaid-dresses.html]bride smaid dresses[/url], which is absolutely fine for any wedding. Historically, guests wore “THEIR” best bridesmaid dress to the wedding, and the color wasn’t dictated by anyone. Now, if it a frilly, lacey white-white dress, that is a different story all together! So many things are dependent on culture anyway.
Not Suprised mom

Sacramento, CA

#66 Jan 18, 2010
Brandi wrote:
Are any of you planning to do a lawsuit against this woman? I see so many responses and they are all the same, it seems we all went through the same thing and unfortunately it took this long for something to happen. I wish I wasn’t one of you ladies but unfortunately I was too. I ordered a dress in Jan 06 it came in Feb 07 after they said 6-8 months. I was married in December 07 and was lucky enough to have an understanding fiancé(at the time) to go and get me another dress, something he should have never had to do. Yes ladies you read that right my dress came in 3 months after my wedding.
If any one of you plans on doing anything please email me [email protected] I would love to have some satisfaction out of this.
I am a mother of a child whom attended school with the owners (Sandy) daughter...& last i heard daughter is living with her in Carmel,CA where the new bridal store is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giving driver's licenses to those here illegall... 20 hr spud 8
looking to trade my $200 surroubd sound headpho... Jul 21 Nomsain69 1
What Is El Dorado Hills About? (Mar '08) Jul 17 Realone 25
looking for witness to an accident Jul 13 ALM 1
fast and reliable pain n anxiety meds (Jan '15) Jul 6 HookerTing 4
Crystal (Nov '16) Jul 1 Lost_not_found 2
Review: Duane Lyons Group (Mar '11) Apr '17 DEBBIE 9

Granite Bay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance