Dress Less Brides After Bridal Boutiq...

Dress Less Brides After Bridal Boutique Closes

There are 60 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Jun 1, 2007, titled Dress Less Brides After Bridal Boutique Closes. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Dress boutique closes leaving brides without their gowns. 185 Most young ladies dream of walking down the aisle in a beautiful gown on their wedding day but for two Northern California brides that dream has ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Helen Switzer

United States

#1 Jun 1, 2007
This company has been in trouble for 2yrs that I know of, I married Jan 06 and I witnessed alot of complaints whilst having the fittings for my gown. It does not surprise me at all that they have closed down.
Veronica

Sacramento, CA

#2 Jun 1, 2007
I had purchased my 800 dress there back in 2000, 9 months prior to my wedding. I hadnt heard anything from them until ONE WEEK before my wedding that the dress was "coming in". By that time I had already purchased another dress from another bridal store. I lost the $400.00 downpayment I made on the dress, but that boutique was HORRIBLE. The owner was a SCAMMER. I was told I wasnt going to get my money back. I never fought it, because it was more of a headache trying to get that money back. I called the BBB, its too bad she wasnt shut down before all this happened. Horrible!!!
Amanda Carleton

West Sacramento, CA

#3 Jun 1, 2007
Hell Hath no fury like that of a bride been scorned. Im glad this place shut down! Sorry to the brides who now have this burden on there hands.
Trina

Auburn, CA

#4 Jun 1, 2007
My sister had bought her dress there last year, and she lives in Reno, NV. They told her that her dress would be in a month before the wedding. She was down here the day before the wedding picking it up as they were trying to alter it and press it in a couple of hours. Our bridesmaid dresses didnt come in until 5 pm that night, and they had to alter and press them in an hour!! While we were in their 2 other brides came in asking where there dresses were, saying that there wedding was the next day.
Bride to Be

Rancho Cordova, CA

#5 Jun 1, 2007
I KNEW IT!!!

I went to this place and they had great customer service, but I had a bad feeling!! After reading a few of the on-line reviews I decided to pay a bit more at a different place!

THANKFULLY!!!
Lucky Lady

Roseville, CA

#6 Jun 1, 2007
I was in the store trying on gowns for my wedding and was having a pleasant experience, but that all changed. There was a group of bridesmaids in the store with their hair done and they were loud and mad. They were in the shop getting fitted in their dresses for a wedding that was in a few hours!!! The bride came in and she was so upset. Her hair was up and she still needed to do her makeup. The owner was being rude about the situation and all of the girls looked terrible in the dresses. They had to alter them to fit. The dresses were very cheap looking. All of the girls kept telling me not to order anything there because it probably would not make it in time for my wedding. After a while, the groom and groomsmen showed up and the bride hid in a room so he would not see her. The bridesmaids ended up taking various shades of mismatching purple dresses off of the rack and those dresses had to be pulled up and pined onto them to fit. They looked awful!!! They had the limo pick them up at the store then left for the wedding. I was later told the owner did not order the dresses and had them made by the seamstress down the street. They were not even the right dresses! If I did not see that happen, I would have experianced the same thing!!! I am very lucky. I ordered my things somewhere else and everything was perfect!!!
Eri

United States

#7 Jun 1, 2007
That sucks for the brides! I hope they find a dress!
Chad

Fair Oaks, CA

#8 Jun 1, 2007
Well This is great. We purchased four dresses through that shop in February and our wedding is on the 22nd of July. I just hope we can find someone who can supply new dresses in time. I will pursue legal action but I'm almost certain there is nothing to be recovered from this lady. Now I get to call my fiancee... Fun.
Lucky Lady

Roseville, CA

#9 Jun 1, 2007
A quick tip for the brides affected and have weddings in a few weeks...Contact all of the bridal stores in town to see if they have the gown you ordered or one very similar. They may be willing to donate a gown or sell you one at cost. Some bridal companies are in the U.S. or at least have warehouses here and can ship your dress overnight to the bridal stores if they have one in stock. Even if they have a size above or even below what you would normally order, get it because it can be altered in a day if necessary!!! Check into every option, people will help you if you tell them what happened.
Keepsakes Bridal

Fair Oaks, CA

#10 Jun 1, 2007
If any brides come across this message, PLEASE!! We are willing to help. We can get your dresses through our store with no problems. We are very sorry this happened -- it's aweful! But, we are just down the street from where the boutique was located so, we would love to help you if you'd stop by!!
Just Me

Rio Vista, CA

#12 Jun 1, 2007
NoNewArena wrote:
BEWARE OF PEOPLE OFFERING TO "HELP" YOU IN THIS DESPERATE SITUATION !!!!
NNA I agree with you, people may try to take advantage. I have a wedding dress that was cut, yes cut before the final fitting and it was to small so I had to but a new dress the Wednesday before my wedding. I have this stunning dress for somebody that is about a size 6 with a small chest. I don't know how to offer it though. Put a plee on craislist? I got my new dress at Bridal Boutique and they took great care of me. I was shocked when I read this. I walked in to their store crying with my dress in hand and they found me a dress off the rack <not as nice> but the altered it and cleaned it that day. I had it on Friday. I am sooooo sorry to the brides.
Keepsakes Bridal

Fair Oaks, CA

#13 Jun 1, 2007
We are located in Citrus Heights (not Rio Linda) off of Madison and Fair Oaks and if we can help in anyway, we will. Give us a call with any questions. You can get our phone number from our website at geocities.com/keepsakesbride or email us at keepsakesbridal@sbcglobal.net
A Happy Bride

Rio Oso, CA

#14 Jun 1, 2007
It is about time this bridal store goes away-- I was married in 1999 and it was the worst shopping experience-- Dress came in a week before wedding, rude owner, very unapologetic--I am getting married for the second time in August and am working with the people at Keepsakes Bridal--and they have been FABULOUS-- I highly reccommend them!!!
Janine

Sacramento, CA

#16 Jun 1, 2007
I am not getting married any more and I have a new dress I bought for 800, but I will get rid of it cheap to help out the ladies. What the store did is just wrong

zoelucky4me@yahoo.com
Josette

Sacramento, CA

#17 Jun 1, 2007
I would sue the crap out of this lady. Statute of limitations is 2 years, isnt it? Actively pursue her every move. The lady lives in Granite Bay for Petes sake.
Bride to Be

United States

#21 Jun 1, 2007
if these women need dresses in a hurry and at a really good price they should contact Alexandria's formal wear in old roseville, i am getting married in august and i have gotten all my bridal needs and they are fantastic! ask for Giselle the owner.
Bride to Be

United States

#22 Jun 1, 2007
chad go to have your fiancee go to alexandrias formals in old roseville the dresses are for rent and she can order something for you if they dont have it and the prices are the best! I went through them and they are amazing women just look them up on-line the owner is Giselle and she will be able to help your fiancee they have tons of dresses at the store as well so hopefully that helps.
Sarah Kent

Chesterfield, MO

#23 Jun 1, 2007
I too, had a horrible experience at Bridal Boutique and am thrilled to death that they can no longer ruin what is to normally be the happiest day of a young woman's life. I purchased my wedding dress at the aforementioned store. From the moment I put down half the cost of the dress it was nothing but a disaster.

I was told that my dress was going to arrive the first week in January after I had already ordered it 6 months in advance. Sandy, the owner, was never around to comment about it and her mother was nothing but rude whenever I called to inquire about the dress. January passed...no dress. February passed...and after several frustrating attempts to get ahold of Sandy I finally went in myself. She said nothing to reassure me...only that I still had "time left before my wedding."

My dress didn't arrive until April...my bridesmaid dresses were late as well...which makes my heart go out to those who probably won't receive their dresses at all.

A horrible owner, Sandy deserved to be out of business a LONG time ago...and all I can say is...it's about time.
No Worries

Fair Oaks, CA

#24 Jun 1, 2007
I, too had AWEFUL experiences at Bridal Boutique and i got scammed for cash but, I cancelled the payment and went to Keepsakes in Citrus Heights. They were AMAZING! I live in Rio Linda and it's a bit of a drive but, it was worth it. They wasted no time at all getting my dresses oredered! I would refer them to anyone...
No Worries

Fair Oaks, CA

#25 Jun 1, 2007
Sarah Kent wrote:
I too, had a horrible experience at Bridal Boutique and am thrilled to death that they can no longer ruin what is to normally be the happiest day of a young woman's life. I purchased my wedding dress at the aforementioned store. From the moment I put down half the cost of the dress it was nothing but a disaster.
I was told that my dress was going to arrive the first week in January after I had already ordered it 6 months in advance. Sandy, the owner, was never around to comment about it and her mother was nothing but rude whenever I called to inquire about the dress. January passed...no dress. February passed...and after several frustrating attempts to get ahold of Sandy I finally went in myself. She said nothing to reassure me...only that I still had "time left before my wedding."
My dress didn't arrive until April...my bridesmaid dresses were late as well...which makes my heart go out to those who probably won't receive their dresses at all.
A horrible owner, Sandy deserved to be out of business a LONG time ago...and all I can say is...it's about time.
I agree with her!! I was scammed for cash there when they closed down but, luckily i cancelled the transaction and got refunded my monies. I wen to that place that was listed here Keepsakes and they were WONDERFUL!! I live in Rio Linda so, i spotted their message and it was a good thing I did! They wasted no time at ALL getting my information and ordering my dresses and it was cheaper than Bridal Boutique! And, I understand how people should be worried about being scammed but, let me say from experience that keepsakes was great,*No New* so, i am personally refering them now.

good luck to the other brides like me...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Placer County's Most Wanted: Jeffery Bolger (Feb '14) May 25 jbolger2414 24
any local women into herbal teas or fermented d... May 18 ctr916v2 1
joseph deangelo May 17 gemini 3
Meranda lopes May 14 Tamm 16
Looking for new girl friends who are into full ... May 11 ctr916v2 1
What Is El Dorado Hills About? (Mar '08) May 10 Zucker Bergsmom 28
Rocklin Music Thread (Jul '15) May 9 Musikologist 4

Granite Bay Jobs

Personal Finance

Granite Bay Mortgages