raising a family in granite bay

raising a family in granite bay

Posted in the Granite Bay Forum

elle

Coram, NY

#1 Jan 27, 2008
My family is planning to relocate back to California and Granite Bay looks good. I love the lake and trail running and eclectic neighborhoods. What I would love to know is if any neighborhoods ( Hidden Lakes, Ashley Woods, Walden Woods, etc) are the kind of place where kids can be seen playing outdoors after school and on weekends, and where neighbors actually know each other. What is GB like for a family?
Rob

Irving, TX

#2 Jan 28, 2008
GB us a wonderful place to live for families.

People are friendly, parents are active in school, sports, scouts and churches. It has a small town feel.
elle

Coram, NY

#3 Jan 29, 2008
Hey Rob! If Granite Bay is so great, why are you posting from San Jose? And PS I really appreciate the response. I've never posted a query before and at the risk of sounding totally lame, this is really cool. Now if someone would help me find the kids-on-bikes neighborhood, I would be their best friend forever. Elle on LI
kristen williams

Roseville, CA

#4 Feb 5, 2008
elle wrote:
My family is planning to relocate back to California and Granite Bay looks good. I love the lake and trail running and eclectic neighborhoods. What I would love to know is if any neighborhoods ( Hidden Lakes, Ashley Woods, Walden Woods, etc) are the kind of place where kids can be seen playing outdoors after school and on weekends, and where neighbors actually know each other. What is GB like for a family?
I live in Hidden Valley. OUr neighborhood has 180 acres of common property w/ horse treails, bike trails, there is a swimming lake w/ clubhouse. The neighborhood is the oldest in Granite bay. Voted top 10 neighborhoods by Sac. mag in 2005 I believe. We love it. We have 3 kids under 7. I do sell real estate, so let me know if you need help finding a home. Hidden Lakes is another great family neighborhood. Also, Folsom Lake estates.
Jennifer Granite Bay CA

San Jose, CA

#5 Feb 9, 2008
Granite Bay is a great place to love. We relocated from the bay area in June 2007 and love it. Granite Bay and Loomis Union school districts are the best, so if you can find a home with one of those you are in luck. If you have elementary school children, Franklin Elementary in Loomis Union has a small town country school feel and the parents are very active in the school community. I find it to be less pretentious than the Granite Bay School, but they are excellent too. Loomis Hills is a great community. I have friends who live there.
Craig Seydel

Sequim, WA

#6 Mar 9, 2008
Interesting that none of the posts come from Granite Bay. They are correct about the schools and urban feel. You mention Hidden Lakes, Ashley Woods, and Walden Woods. I think Hidden Valley, Laveview Hills and maybe Folsom Lake Estates are better for trails and the lake. [email protected] om
Scott Arfsten

Loomis, CA

#7 Mar 21, 2008
I live in Hidden Valley and it is terrific. We have some kids, some older but a nice mix and an amazing backyard of 180 acres of common ground to walk, fish, swim, etc. I moved from South San Francisco 14 years ago haven't regretted it.

As for the schools, my three girls are in Franklin and they do an incredible job with the kids. Lots of involvement, great events, nice people, etc. I could not recommend it higher.
elle wrote:
Scott Arfsten

Loomis, CA

#8 Mar 21, 2008
I'm not sure if my first post went through so here is another one.

I live in Hidden Valley with my wife and three girls. My girls attend Franklin Elementary and they do an outstanding job with everything. Super nice people, parent involvement, etc. I'm not sure if this exists in other areas.

Hidden Valley has a nice mix of young and old. Many are original owners and now after 40+ years, the new families are coming in, raising families and remodeling older homes. You can see a few photos on my website as I photographed the common 180 acres, www.arfstenphotography.com .
bike family

Chico, CA

#9 Mar 22, 2008
We live in one of your interested areas. Ashley Woods. We have lived here since we watched our home get built 8 years ago. Wonderful. Gated. Eureka school district. K-12 all under 5 miles from the house. Great school bus schedule. Great location to be if working at the hospitals. Common area fields, bike trails. Easter egg hunt on Easter. Roseville utilities...awesome. Community park at the corner,"Hillsbourough " sand,toys,volleyball, baseball, soccer fields. Ashley Woods has a few homes up for sale at crazy low prices. They all back up to the green-belt. Some single-story and some two-story. Come visit! Need a gate code.
elle

Coram, NY

#10 Mar 31, 2008
Thank You All for the posts. I am visiting 4/08 and will be visiting Hidden Valley and Ashley Woods. I love the Hidden Valley photos. I live near a lot of nature preserves and a lovely bay, and I really appreciate rustic beauty. And I grew up in Southern California, so I would love to live near water! I also live in the country and would appreciate amenities. I am aware of every Ashley Woods home that has been up for sale for the past two years! I really can't wait to see the area. Oh and if you are a real estate agent familiar with the area I will be there during the third week of April, so post some sort of ID here and I will call you. Elle
David

Folsom, CA

#11 Jul 3, 2008
What is the nearest elementary school in relation to Walden Woods?
Brigid

Plymouth, IN

#12 Dec 15, 2008
Hey Elle!!
We are checking out Granite Bay right now as we are relocating from Chicago- What neighborhood did you find??? How are you liking it??? We have a 9, 7, and 3 year old kids and we are looking for all the things you were!! Would love to chat further!! Please share what you found!!

Brigid
[email protected]
sharon Gray

Granite Bay, CA

#13 Jan 22, 2009
Brigid wrote:
Hey Elle!!
We are checking out Granite Bay right now as we are relocating from Chicago- What neighborhood did you find??? How are you liking it??? We have a 9, 7, and 3 year old kids and we are looking for all the things you were!! Would love to chat further!! Please share what you found!!
Brigid
[email protected]
We just moved from Carmel Ca to Granite Bay. We are currently in the Treelake/Swanlake subdivision and it is fantastic. Close to the best elementary schools and high school. Ashley Woods is a few blocks away. You can't go wrong with any of these neighborhoods. Let me know if you need more information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ted mccosuker 3 hr The Judge 3
News Man Arrested in Illegal Contracting Probe (Feb '08) 7 hr Jteague1971 27
Judge Francis A. Kearney / Placer County Judici... (Jan '13) 18 hr Steve 19
News Alleged "Grandpa Bandit" Arrested (Aug '07) Aug 22 Curtis Farmington Jr 13
Any lads want to talk to a 15 year old female?? Aug 16 Nobodytolove__ 1
Steve hoss? Aug 13 Carlos Danger 2
David Dallas Withrow Aug 10 Carharttkwboy 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granite Bay Mortgages