Granite Bay neighborhood with LOTS OF...

Granite Bay neighborhood with LOTS OF KIDS!

Posted in the Granite Bay Forum

Brigid

Plymouth, IN

#1 Dec 15, 2008
HELLO!!
We are moving to Granite Bay or El Dorado Hills from Chicago and looking for a very family-friendly neighborhood! We have three kids: 9, 8, and 3 years. We would love to hear any advice, suggestions on areas, why GB over EDH or vice versa, any info on active, fun neighborhoods, etc. Any nice homes on your street that would be good for kids??

Thanks so much for your help!!B
Brigid
gayleen

United States

#2 Jan 4, 2009
Hello Brigid,
We are also moving from the mid west with three boys and are looking are Granite Bay and El Dorado Hills. We are looking for the same things. Have you had any reponse or do you have any words of wisdom? Who love to hear what you have found out!
Gayleen
Brigid wrote:
HELLO!!
We are moving to Granite Bay or El Dorado Hills from Chicago and looking for a very family-friendly neighborhood! We have three kids: 9, 8, and 3 years. We would love to hear any advice, suggestions on areas, why GB over EDH or vice versa, any info on active, fun neighborhoods, etc. Any nice homes on your street that would be good for kids??
Thanks so much for your help!!B
Brigid
Jill

Roseville, CA

#3 Jan 8, 2009
Hi ladies,

I was looking up a local meeting and saw your post. I've lived in Granite Bay 8 years. You really can't go wrong anywhere in GB -- it is all about families and kids (and sports). Some neighborhoods that immediately come to mind are the Treelake area (which encompasses several developments and has two parks), Hidden Lakes, Wedgewood, or Granite Bay Hills -- but you will find lots of kids all over.

GB over EDH is really a personal choice. EDH is more suburban/developed, GB has more rural areas. GB is closer to North Lake Tahoe, EDH is closer to South Lake (if that's a consideration). There is something really special about Granite Bay -- the people are wonderful. But I'm biased.

Parts of EDH supposedly had some soils issues you might want to check on -- I don't know how valid the concerns were, or whether this was just media hype. It seems to have dropped out of the news.

Good luck! The summer heat takes a little getting used to, but by and large we love it here. I have lived all over California, but never in such a close-knit community. It is a GREAT place to raise your kids.
Judy

Katonah, NY

#4 Jan 22, 2009
We are also moving from New York with three boys and are looking at Granite Bay (we heard El Dorado Hills has an asbestos problem.) We want a friendly place with an active community. I'd love to hear more advice. Judy
other forums

United States

#5 Jan 23, 2009
Hi -
these forums may not get you a lot of responses but there are a couple of forums you should check out - MyElDoradoHills.com and MyGraniteBay.net . Hopefully you'll get a better response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Best West Express Apr 17 Irene Wesker 7
News Body found in Loomis identified as Del Paso Hei... (Oct '09) Apr 5 Lele 5
placer County courts & the corruption continues (Apr '16) Apr 4 Phenle 18
Urgent Carr Clinics Jan '18 Ronnie 1
Review: Duane Lyons Group (Mar '11) Apr '17 DEBBIE 9
raising a family in granite bay (Jan '08) Jan '17 Rich Donnell 14
News Bayside Church new to Auburn (Aug '08) Nov '16 LOL 25

Granite Bay Jobs

Personal Finance

Granite Bay Mortgages