Some Grandville leaders, business own...

Some Grandville leaders, business owners not convinced proposed...

There are 2 comments on the MLive.com story from Jan 14, 2010, titled Some Grandville leaders, business owners not convinced proposed.... In it, MLive.com reports that:

Shifting from an automotive drive-by on Chicago Drive SW to a pedestrian-friendly streetscape will improve traffic flow, according to a city engineer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Joan Boelema

Riverside, CA

#1 Jan 15, 2010
What in the world are you thinking -parking on the main street of Grandville? This is not going to help the downtown - more likely to discourage shopping there. There is plenty of room behind the businesses to park and it is much more convenient. Have the traffic engineers tried to park on the street in this situation? I think not. Ask us women shoppers what we think of it.
For the money spent on this proposal - there are certainly many more ways to attract people to shop here. As for me and MANY friends we will not be shopping there if there is parking on the main street. Thanks for listening.
bob truck

Hudsonville, MI

#2 Feb 15, 2014
Grandville-Jenison has a game of selective enforcement and selection as to who among the may and may not compete or win in any public events. Sandy LeBlanc and Heather Lynn Schaedig are the culprits responsible for that. I suspect them of putting Burger King and Pizza Hut at the corner of Fairlane and Chicago Drive out of business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grandville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
are the protesters going to jump 7 hr Gville Jim 49
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Wed Jimbo 1,157
Poll Any parents of children in jail forum (Jul '09) Feb 20 Carter 58
Art Van Scam (Oct '08) Feb 18 MUman 50
Local News Women (Apr '09) Feb 17 Anonymous 2,838
Texas Girl With a Great Plan (Sep '12) Feb 15 Gaxtell 74
News GR man charged in 2002 Kalamazoo murder (Aug '08) Feb 15 Like to know 28

Grandville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance