Two People Shot Near Grandview High School Friday Night

Sep 20, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KNDO

Two people have been shot at the 500 Block of Hillcrest Street near Grandview High School.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Time to Re-Unite

Toppenish, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

“Our children, families and community deserve to be safe. It is time to re-unite this community. I have heard the shots for the last few weeks. I have had the shell casings in my yard and on my sidewalk. I have places bandages on wounds of those shot. This is three Fridays in a row where shots have rung out, police cars and ambulances have raced to the scenes and the public has retreated into their homes. It is time to take a stand for re-uniting this community, not just talk about it. I am meeting with representatives from a number of groups this week, including Barrios Unidos to develop a strategy that can slow this down. Contact me if you are ready to work for our community. Enough of being outraged. Let's do something!
Criccy

East Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Good Move! I see there will be a protest Monday morning. This needs to be followed up by the community PACKING CITY HALL at the next council meeting. If need be flood the mayors office with calls and visits! TAKE some sugesstions on how to curb this violence, not just complaints. Block Watches MUST be formed immediately! But the police must be COMMITTED to the citizens. Form a watch group like the one in Terrace Hieghts. They would propbably come show you how to set it up if you asked.
http://www.yakimacounty.us/BlockWatch/default...
It's your adults in town that need to step up to the plate and get active, you can't expect the kids to do it! Where are the parents, neighbors?
WE ARE PRAYING YOU CAN TAKE BACK YOUR TOWN!
Good Luck!
Ready 2 Unite

Yakima, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

How do we contact you. Lets protest in front of City Hall and let them know we want results. I'm tired of not feeling safe in my own home. Lets do this.
Criccy

Toppenish, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

A March and Vigil are coming, info. will be out within the next couple days with contacts. Yakima Valley Barrios Unidos/United Neighborhoods called for a plan to action, and the response was great. It will include all Lower Valley Yakima with people coming statewide in support. It is going to be huge. Resources will be made available at the rally for families and neighborhoods. This will be a united event, all entities will take part for a non violence plan of action. Save Our Children from death and prison, Too many families are suffering, Please Stop The Violence.
Criccy

Toppenish, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Time to Re-Unite wrote:
“Our children, families and community deserve to be safe. It is time to re-unite this community. I have heard the shots for the last few weeks. I have had the shell casings in my yard and on my sidewalk. I including Barrios Unidos to develop a strategy that can slow this down.!
I Re-read your comment, I AM with Barrios Unidos, but Alex attended the 1st meeting without me. I will be at the next and I will know your identity soon. >laughter here<
The Truth

Yakima, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

not to be a drag.....but all they did at the protest was sing songs and talk to one another.......the 2nd day....we all knew it was for the cameras, there were no gang members there to see it....HELL! they all probably didnt know there wasa protest.....I mean singing songs and and eating cookies and such aint gonna fix these brainwashed kids....i mean, if songs, and cookies can fix the minds of the misguided children....might as well send this protest group to iraq...."i bet that was the answere all along".
plus i hear its only 30 min a day....all i got to say is....people are going to see this on the news in the morning and say..."thats nice"....and continue eating their breakfast......if they want to protest about gangs...they should kick all the affiliated kids out of school until they fix their ways...or protest infront of city hall asking them to use their new swat vehicle or they Anti-gang force....which so far "looks like its for show".
Encouragement

Toppenish, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

The Truth wrote:
not to be a drag.....but all they did at the protest was sing songs and talk to one another.......the 2nd day....we all knew it was for the cameras, there were no gang members there to see it....HELL! they all probably didnt know there wasa protest.....I mean singing songs and and eating cookies and such aint gonna fix these brainwashed kids....i mean, if songs, and cookies can fix the minds of the misguided children....might as well send this protest group to iraq...."i bet that was the answere all along".
plus i hear its only 30 min a day....all i got to say is....people are going to see this on the news in the morning and say..."thats nice"....and continue eating their breakfast......if they want to protest about gangs...they should kick all the affiliated kids out of school until they fix their ways...or protest infront of city hall asking them to use their new swat vehicle or they Anti-gang force....which so far "looks like its for show".
You are the smark cookie!

See you're experiencing this violence and it's response first hand, not reading it in a book, that's the first lesson completed. The next lesson you got right, it was surpression; authorities please take the bad guys away so they stop hurting, intimidating, and making us victims in our own town. Then comes lesson three, intervention; hit city hall, demand action, go with ideas, participate. Lesson four, prevention. I know you already know about that one.

I think these rally's are more about you being motivated to participate in change; than changing the violators.

If you feel you want to be part of the change in your community there are lots of things you can do. Get with some friends and brainstorm, don't use your time on something you feel isn't your cup of tea, work it your own way.

Like I said, you are one smart cookie. Good luck!
This Is Law

Toppenish, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

THREE STRIKES YOU ARE OUT. YOU MAY GET YOUR LAST STRIKE WHILE IN WALLA WALLA AND NEVER GET OUT. THEY LOVA YOU LONG TIME THERE, AND IF YOU ARE A LIL GUY GOOD LUCK THEY LIKE YOUR BUTT. SNITCHES NOW HAVE RELOCATION PROGRAM.

In addition, the bill includes:
&#61607; A definition for "criminal street gang," defined as any ongoing organization, association, or group of three or more persons, whether formal or informal, having a common name or common identifying sign or symbol, having as one of its primary activities the commission of criminal acts, and whose members or associates individually or collectively engage in or have engaged in a pattern of criminal street gang activity.
&#61607; Sentencing enhancements related to any crime that is intentionally committed to benefit a gang; unlawful possession of a firearm if a gang member; and malicious mischief if multiple current or prior convictions.
&#61607; A new crime of "involving a juvenile in a felony offense." It occurs when an adult gang member, convicted of a felony, has compensated, threatened, or solicited a minor in order to involve that minor in the commission of the underlying felony offense. A prosecutor may file a special allegation that the felony committed involved the compensation, threatening, or solicitation of a juvenile in the commission of the felony offense. The penalty is calculated by multiplying the standard sentencing range for the completed offense by 125%.
&#61607; New civil penalty for offenses involving criminal street gang tagging and graffiti. In addition to actual damages to the property, penalties and costs may be recovered by the property owner from the person causing the physical damage to the property. If the defendant is an adult or emancipated minor, those additional penalties and costs include: the value of the damaged property, to a maximum of $1,000; a penalty of at least $100, but not more than $200; and reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs.
&#61607; Expanded statewide database accessible by law enforcement agencies to include criminal street gang data, with protocols in place for protecting the data, and automatically expunging it.
&#61607; Development of a witness relocation program through the Department of Community, Trade and Economic Development for witnesses of felony gang-related offenses.
&#61607; A study by the Department of Corrections to reduce gang involvement and recruitment among incarcerated offenders.
[C 276 L 08; Effective Date: June 12, 2008]
HELLO

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

SOMEONE NEEDS TO SPILL THE BEANS AND ANONYMOUSLY EMAIL SUNNYSIDE DAILY NEWS ANONYMOUSLY AND TURN IN ERIK FLORES, HE MURDERED A MOTHER OF SIX AND NEEDS TO BE LOCKED UP!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grandview Discussions

Search the Grandview Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
should grandview ban fireworks? (Jun '08) Jul 2 Fun 11
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jun 26 Elise Gingrich 708
george gannon (Jan '10) May '14 The terminator 6
george gannon May '14 NeedHelp 1
Deputies trying to identify man tangled in wire... (Jan '13) May '14 Sal Wesson 2
Wendy Gatlin Toppenish (Jun '08) May '14 Christina Gatlin 25
George Henry Gannon (Jun '13) May '14 NeedHelp 3
•••
•••
•••
Grandview Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grandview Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000