Gang fight leads to shooting of Grandview teen

May 12, 2007 Full story: Yakima Herald-Republic 329

“While still dealing with the incident at the park a few moments after arriving, multiple gunshots were heard to come from an area north of the park”

A 17-year-old boy was recovering Friday from a gunshot wound police say he suffered in the aftermath of a 20-person gang fight in a Grandview park Thursday. via Yakima Herald-Republic

Full Story
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
a mom

Wenatchee, WA

#2 Nov 9, 2007
sad, all the violence, why can't kids be kids?
Truth

Olympia, WA

#6 Jan 2, 2008
A child dies over something stupid like this and all some ignorant people can do is talk about more death and violence. That makes complete sense.
GRIEVING TIA

Wenatchee, WA

#7 Jan 3, 2008
Sadgirl _LVL_ wrote:
all this shit that was said about 20 members is not true there were lots of BGL's(bell garden lokotes) against only about 6 LVl's (lil valley lokotes). my friend was shot and those lil boys think they got him good...hahaha, thats why it barely went through his skin. f*** u lil fleas yall need to die already!!!!!!!
THIS IS FOR "SADGIRL" & "LIL EVIL"...FLEAS ARE FOR ANIMALS AND MY NEPHEW ISAAC WAS NO ANIMAL. YOUR IGNORANT FRIENDS TOOK HIS LIFE FOR SOMETHING SO STUPID AS IN COLORS, THAT DONT BELONG TO YOU AND YOUR "GANG" FRIENDS, STREETS THAT ALSO DONT BELONG TO. WHO GIVES YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS THE RIGHT TO CLAIM THESE ITEMS. WHAT YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS NEED TO BE DOING IS GETTING AN EDUCATION, A JOB AND OFF WELFARE..CUZ I KNOW YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE ON IT. ISAAC LEFT BEHIND HIS MOTHER, HIS 2 SISTERS, HIS OLDER BROTHER, HIS FATHER, GRANDPARENTS, COUSINS, AUNTS AND UNCLES, AND FRIENDS! BECAUSE OF YOUR "GANG" IGNORANCE. WHAT IF THIS WAS YOUR BROTHER AND SOME IGNORANT PERSON LIKE YOURSELF AND "LIL EVIL" LEFT A COMMENT LIKE YOURS...YOU WOULD BE HURT AND UPSET TO THINK SOME DUMB A** IS COMMENTING ON YOUR BROTHERS DEATH. HOW COLD HEARTED WOULD THAT PERSON HAVE TO BE, PICTURE YOUR FAMILIA GRIEVING FOR THEIR LOSS OF A LOVED ONE BEFORE YOU LEAVE SUCH A HATEFUL COMMENT.
Liz

White Salmon, WA

#8 Jan 3, 2008
If those two idiots know so much about whats going on then why don't the police question them? That just shows us how good the Grandview Police does thier job.Either way those idiots are ignorant.Why waste your time trying to explain anything to them?
MISS_YOU_ BABY_CUZIN

Yakima, WA

#9 Jan 3, 2008
THIS IS TO SAD GURL AND LIL EVIL AND TO ALL U LVLS AND NORTES OUT THERE!!! WHAT GIVES U THE RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY CUZIN??? U WERENT THERE, U DIDNT KNOW HIM!!! ITS PRETTY PATHETIC THAT U COULD SAY ALL THIS STUFF ON THE COMPUTER BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT U CANT BACK UR SHIT UP!! MY CUZIN WAS A GOOD KID AND HES DEAD NOW. AND FOR WHAT?? JUST CAUSE OF STUPID COLORS! YOU GUYS HAVE NO LIVES. MY TIA IS OVER HERE GRIEVING CUZ SHE LOST HER BABY AND ALL U COULD DO IS TALK CRAP! YEA U MAY HAVE UR OPINION BUT SOMEONES DEAD SOOO I SUGGEST U KEEP THOSE OPINIONS TO URSELF CUZ GOD IS WATCHING... AND WHEN IT COMES TO JUDGEMENT DAY FOR U GUYS... U KNOW WHERE UR GONNA END UP!! SERIOUSLY HOW COLD-HEARTED COULD U BE? I DON'T WANT TO WASTE ANYMORE OF MY TIME ON THIS BUT JUST KNOW THAT U GOT WHATS COMING FOR U AND WHOEVER SHOT MY BABY CUZIN IS GONNA GET WHAT THEY DESERVE
R.I.P ISAAC HINOJOSA!!
LOVE U
Tracy

Cedarpines Park, CA

#12 Jan 7, 2008
SO SAD TO SEE WHAT THIS WORLD HAS BECOME!
KIDS LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR "NOTHING"
ALL THESE LITTLE KIDS ACTING ALL BIG AND TOUGH
LOSING THEIR LIVES, LEAVING SO MUCH HURT AND PAIN BEHIND.I HEARD THAT ISAAC'S OWN MOTHER WAS PROUD OF HER KIDS BEING IN THIS GANG! HIS OWN MYSPACE WAS ALL ABOUT HIS GANG AND VIOLENCE! OUR CHILDREN ARE A PRECIOUS GIFT FROM GOD AND IT IS OUR JOB TO LOVE, PROTECT & GUIDE THEM TO DO THE RIGHT THING!NOW SHE WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH HER OWN GUILT FOREVER AND THAT IS REALLY SAD.
OUR TROOPS ARE OUT THERE FIGHTING TO KEEP US SAFE & WE'RE KILLING ONE ANOTHER!!
MY THOUGHT AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO ISSAC'S FAMILY. NOBODY DESERVES TO DIE THIS WAY AND NO MOTHER DESERVES ALL THIS PAIN!
MAY GOD BLESS US ALL!
MISS_YOU_BABY_CU ZIN

Sunnyside, WA

#13 Jan 8, 2008
THIS IS FOR TRACY!!!
FOR YOUR INFORMATION NONE OF MY TIA'S KIDS WERE IN A GANG SO U NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE OPENING UR MOUTH! MY CUZIN ISAAC WAS FRIENDS WITH GANG MEMBERS BUT HE HAD NO PART IN ANY GANG. THE PERSON THAT SHOT HIM JUST DIDNT LIKE HIM AND THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANYONE! EVERYONE NEEDS TO JUST LEAVE MY TIA AND HER FAMILY ALONE!
LET MY CUZIN REST IN PEACE!!
YOU GUYS SHOULD JUST WORRY ABOUT UR OWN LIVES!!
LOVE YOU BABY CUZIN!!!
Peace

Cedarpines Park, CA

#14 Jan 8, 2008
MISS_YOU_BABY_CUZIN wrote:
THIS IS FOR TRACY!!!
FOR YOUR INFORMATION NONE OF MY TIA'S KIDS WERE IN A GANG SO U NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE OPENING UR MOUTH! MY CUZIN ISAAC WAS FRIENDS WITH GANG MEMBERS BUT HE HAD NO PART IN ANY GANG. THE PERSON THAT SHOT HIM JUST DIDNT LIKE HIM AND THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANYONE! EVERYONE NEEDS TO JUST LEAVE MY TIA AND HER FAMILY ALONE!

LET MY CUZIN REST IN PEACE!!
YOU GUYS SHOULD JUST WORRY ABOUT UR OWN LIVES!!
LOVE YOU BABY CUZIN!!!
I'm not trying to offend you or your family. I know that you must be going through a lot of pain!
I work with troubled kids and I'v seen first hand what it is for parents not to care enough to do whatever they have to do to SAVE their children.
Most of these kids a good kids, but don't have no direction.

I do have family that lives in Granview and knows your tia and her children first hand. The School confirmed that he was a known gang member.And as sad as it is many people in that town feel like your aunt fully supported them being in gangs. There's nothing we can do to bring your cousin back,but other lives can be saved if we stop being in denial!
A friend

Everett, WA

#15 Jan 9, 2008
When I walk through the halls at school I look for Isaac. I want to see him laugh and joke around like he always did. But I guess I won't see him no more. I just can't get it through my head that he's gone just because of a color. But it's true judgment day will come and God knows everything that happened and whoever did it will remember when he gets sent to hell. R.I.P Isaac we miss you!!!:(:( You will always be in our hearts.
unknown

Everett, WA

#16 Jan 9, 2008
May God Be With You Isaac
cousin

Everett, WA

#17 Jan 9, 2008
i have know Isaac forever.me and him have always been really close.he would always make me laugh and i loved his smile...something i will always remember.i loved looking into his eyes and seeing his inocence.he may have been associated with gang members but he grew up with most of those guys. I Know that he didnt want to be a part of that life anymore.he didnt want to have to watch over his back anymore. he didnt want his mother to get hurt,he wanted to be with her,there for her,and take care of her as long as he could. Isaac opened up to me in a way i have never seen before and it Hurts me to know that he is no longer here...only in my heart, where he will always be.his life was taken from him.nobody should ever have there life taken away from them. those asswholes who thought they were big shit and shot Isaac only made themselves look like little bitches. using a gun is the only thing they know how to do. i hate what this gang violence has done...it took someone who was very special to me...took him away.and it sucks, because there are still lots of people who say "well he's the one who wanted to be in a gang, he put his life at risk" but NO! if you're going to be saying shit like that THEN U DID NOT KNOW HIM!!! it also sucks because there are lots of people and teachers who judged him becuase he was associated with gangs, they never gave him a chance and now they dont know who he really was. i hope they feel like jerks.he didnt deserve any bit of it. he was one of the kindest guys i have ever met. got along with his family and had many many friends...

I LOVE YOU *ISAAC D. HINOJOSA*
MAY YOU REST IN PEACE...
YOU'LL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART...
I THINK ABOUT U EVERYDAY...
I'LL BE MISSING YOU...

LOVE ALWAYS,
SOMEONE WHO LOVED YOU DEARLY
cousin again

Everett, WA

#18 Jan 9, 2008
it's so hard to believe what happened. he used to walk by my house everyday...i still keep thinking he's going to walk by and wave to me like always... i remember the last thing he said to me, "whutsup loser" lol. i laughed and said "Hi"
i hate all of this... this should have never happened...u people think u know...u think Isaac was a gang member, or his mom was, but NO!

MAY YOU REST IN PEACE...
I'LL BE MISSING YOU...

LOVE ALWAYS,
Nessa

Everett, WA

#19 Jan 11, 2008
Issac left alot of people he loved gang banging is bs its not worth people think its cool but its not you just look retarted cause your not getting an education and you people getting high your just destroying your body but thats how i feel In my Oppinion
Liz wrote:
If those two idiots know so much about whats going on then why don't the police question them? That just shows us how good the Grandview Police does thier job.Either way those idiots are ignorant.Why waste your time trying to explain anything to them?
Rest in peace

Everett, WA

#20 Jan 11, 2008
Gang banging is Really dumb..fighting for a color is not worth some1's life issac was a good person at heart people say he died in a gang fight but i dont think thats true I heard some Northsider just came and started shit with them and thats how everything started..But i think everybody should be in peace allready cause i know issac wont be the one that will die from that stuff there will be alot more and if u dont want that to happen we need to stop all this gang shit..if u wanna stand for something do it but dont start shit that will kill
Thats my Oppinion
Respect
Liz

Sunnyside, WA

#21 Jan 12, 2008
I HEAR ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE DISRESPECTING ISSAC.(MAY HE REST IN PEACE.)AND THAT JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU HOW STUPID THESE FOOLS ARE.HE WAS JUST A SWEET GUY WHO MADE SOME WRONG TURNS IN LIFE.BUT DONT WE ALL?IF HE WAS A GANG MEMBER IT STILL DOSENT MEAN IT WAS OKAY TO KILL HIM.HE WAS TO YOUNG TO GO.AND NOW EVERYBODYS TRYING TO ATTACK HIS MOM? WHY DONT THEY TRY TO ARREST THE DUMB ASSES WHO DID THIS INSTEAD?
Tracy

Cedarpines Park, CA

#22 Jan 13, 2008
I did hear from my brother that Isaac was a good hearted kid that just got caught up!
I hope that you all find peace in knowing that
now he is in a beter place where he doesn't have to worry about ever watching his back or any of that dumb crap that he had to deal with while he was here.He's happy and at peace now! Everyboday that loved him should stop all this violence and leave the revenge up to our father upstairs.Nobody can hide from him and when the day comes, we all have to face him!
cousin again-Medina

Everett, WA

#23 Jan 15, 2008
I LOVE ISAAC WITH ALL MY HEART...
MAY HE REST IN PEACE...
HE IS IN A BETTER PLACE NOW...
NO MORE WATCHING OVER HIS BACK...
IT MAKES ME MAD THAT THERE ARE LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO DIDNT EVEN REALLY KNOW ISAAC BUT IT'S REAL EASY FOR THEM TO TALK CRAP!I PLAN TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS...I DONT LIKE THAT THE SCHOOL TAKES NO RECOGNITION FOR HIM...NO CONDOLENCES, NO MOMENT OF SILENCE, NO NOTHING!!!
ISAAC WAS NOT A GANG MEMBER...BUT HE DOES ASSOCIATE WITH GANGS...BUT WHAT SHOULD THAT CHANGE? NOTHING! I TALK TO LOTS OF GANG MEMBERS... THEY'RE FRIENDS, AND ISAAC WAS A GREAT FRIEND... I MISS HIM ALOT! I'LL SEE HIM 1 DAY!
GOD BLESS THE HINOJOSA FAMILY...
R.I.P. ISAAC D. HINOJOSA...
MAY YOU REST IN PEACE...
I'LL BE MISSING YOU...
LOVE ALWAYS,
chicana509

Seattle, WA

#25 Jan 15, 2008
THE LVL THAT GOT SHOT IZ MY CUZZIN I THINK ALL THOSE FUCKIN GANG BANGERZ N IM NOT ON EITHER SIDE SHIT BLACC(JULIAN IZ MY CUZZIN) BUTTA THATS STUPID SHIT FIGHTING OVER TERRITORY THAT IANT EVEN YOURS N FIGHTIN OVER COLORS N RESPECT ALL YALL IZ GONNA DIE N AINT NO ONE GONNA REMEMBER YOU PROBLY YOUR HOMIES DATS BOUT IT DONT GET IT TWISTED IM RELATED TO TOOSHORT ERICK FLOREZ AND LITTLE FROM LVL AND BLACC FROM BGL I JUST FEEL SORRY FOR ALL YALL CAUSE YALL DONT SUFFER YOUR FAMILY DOES MUCH LUV AND RESPECT
chicana509

Seattle, WA

#26 Jan 15, 2008
Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to offend you or your family. I know that you must be going through a lot of pain!
I work with troubled kids and I'v seen first hand what it is for parents not to care enough to do whatever they have to do to SAVE their children.
Most of these kids a good kids, but don't have no direction.
I do have family that lives in Granview and knows your tia and her children first hand. The School confirmed that he was a known gang member.And as sad as it is many people in that town feel like your aunt fully supported them being in gangs. There's nothing we can do to bring your cousin back,but other lives can be saved if we stop being in denial!
i KNOE WHO SHOT ISACC N THEY WHERE NOT AFTER ISACC THEY THOUGHT IT WAS JULIAN (BLACC) DONT GET IT TWISTED HOMIE.
3sa gu3ra

Salem, OR

#27 Jan 16, 2008
rest in peace isaac de los bgl's
all da hommies miss u carnal
and dont worry bout dem verga likerz
we got them under control
rip isaac

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grandview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Ruby Smith (Castilleja) (Dec '08) Nov 17 Nena 89
Grandview daycare co-owner accused of child mol... Oct '14 Marcella 1
GEORGE GANNON and Linda M Oct '14 NeedHelp 3
Fewer animals in our shelters Oct '14 Mary Schuck 1
Man suspected of stabbing ex-girlfriend Sep '14 moral maggie 2
West Richland moves toward ban on recreational pot Sep '14 Puph 1
lvl's against bgl's its wrong!! (Oct '08) Sep '14 mr traviesogsc 89
Grandview Dating
Find my Match

Grandview People Search