Deadly Accident Shuts Down 71 Highway

Deadly Accident Shuts Down 71 Highway

There are 33 comments on the Fox4KC story from Sep 28, 2010, titled Deadly Accident Shuts Down 71 Highway. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a deadly accident in Grandview.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
demar

Omaha, NE

#22 Sep 29, 2010
Lee wrote:
How can people be so "rude" and so "insensitive". I was always taught if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all! Plus, "NEVER" ASSUME... I'm with his brother-in-law "Johnson, you're an idiot". My prayers and thoughts are with Curtis Jacobs and his family. My very "deepest" heartfelt sympathy.
Could you please post the arrangements or email them to me at [email protected] I went to school with Curtis and would like to pass the information on to other classmates. I'm praying for you all.
friend-coworker

Kansas City, MO

#23 Sep 29, 2010
from KC Star:

"Visitation will be 5-7 PM Thursday, September 30, at CrossRoads United Methodist Church 700 QuickTrip Way Belton, MO. Funeral service will follow at 7:00 PM. A graveside with burial will be 2:00 PM, Friday, in Kiefer Cemetery on V Highway Edwards, MO. Contributions suggested to Wounded Warriors"

Very sad. Curtis was great, and will be missed by all who knew him. My prayers are with his family.
SherriefromPWP

Tampa, FL

#24 Sep 29, 2010
Curtis and his family are such a great group of people to be around and know. This saddens me for everyone!

Here's the arrangement info I received from Wanda (his mother)

Arrangements depend on Lisa not going into labor. She is due Thursday, Sept 30.
The arrangements are the visitation for Curtis will be Thursday, Sept 30, 5 to 7 pm.
Funeral at 7 pm
at Crossroads United Methodist Church in Belton
From 71 South Take 163rd Street Exit, Turn right on 163rd
Take the 1st street to the right/ Quick Trip Way
Turn left to go to the church. Go to the backside of the church to enter

This Depends on Lisa not going into labor
and if the grave diggers can get the grave dug in time because of bedrock
Graveside services are at 2 pm, Friday, Sept 31
at Kiefer's Family Cemetery
on "V" Highway, Edwards, MO
71 South to 7 East
7 East to Clinton, turn left at Country Kitchen to stay on 7 hwy
7 hwy to Warsaw/65 highway
South on 65 & South 7 Hwy. Watch for 7 hwy to turn left
Turn left/East on 7 Hwy to "M" Hwy
Don't get confused and take MM before you get to 7 hwy
Turn left on "M" to "V" Hwy
Turn right on V Hwy
Cemetery will be on the left side of the road
It will be marked "FAMILY CEMETERY"
You can park on V or pull into the cemetery.
demar

Omaha, NE

#25 Sep 29, 2010
Thank you for the service information. I will pass on to as many classmates as I can.
smg

Belton, MO

#26 Sep 29, 2010
Johnson, I was the recipient of all of that concrete that exploded when Mr. Jacobs ran into it. I thought that I was going to die and my car is completely totaled. I am neither angry or resentful, so why are you?
You can't believe everything you see or hear on the news. They also said there were no other cars involved which is utter crap. There were at least three cars and one semi involved.
I, for one, cannot get his family out of my mind. When my car was skidding down the road all I could think about was my son and how I might never see him again. Once I realized that I was safe but that the man driving the car that hit the barrier wasn't I also realized that somewhere there was going to be a family grieving his loss. Yeah, it sucks that my car is totaled and yeah, it scared the crud out of me, but I still get the chance to kiss my son good night. His family will never get that again and I can't imagine how terrible the last few days have been for them. They deserve respect and the chance to grieve without having to defend his character.
kshine

San Antonio, TX

#27 Sep 30, 2010
I went to high school and college with Curtis. He truly was a gifted and loving person. My prayers go out to his family and friends.
RJG

Saint Cloud, FL

#28 Sep 30, 2010
My daughter was the one hit by the concrete and I thank God she is ok. I have Mr Jacobs family in my prayers. I can only imagine the pain and grief. Please think before posting comments that will cause them more pain.
pah

Hebron, NE

#29 Sep 30, 2010
I was so saddened by the news. Curtis was my brother in law and was a great father. My heart goes out to his children especially with his daughter having his grandchild at this time of such tragedy.
Darla Jaye-KMBZ 980 AM

Kansas City, MO

#30 Sep 30, 2010
I just heard that my friend Curtis Jacobs was killed in that horrible accident on HWY 71. I am so sad for his family and all of the people he touched. Curtis was on my show during a 2008 Presidential Debate, and offered his views. He was kind, thoughtful, and very smart. We have exchanged many emails thru my years at KMBZ and I am honored to have known him. May God hold his family in his arms through this terrible time. My prayers are with all of Curtis's friends and loved ones. Darla Jaye
Shyju Lonappan

Olathe, KS

#31 Oct 4, 2010
My condolences to this great person. Very humble and caring gentleman to all of us. I worked with Curtis at GE Insurance Solutions (former ERC) for little more than 3 years. I can't remember a day Curtis coming to office without a big container full of PopCorn. Really enjoyed the time with him. My prayers and heartfelt thoughts goes to this great man and to his family.
Mother

Overland Park, KS

#32 Oct 22, 2010
Christina wrote:
I was a friend of Curtis'. We worked together at the Bannister Complex but I hadn't seen him in a couple of years.
I would like to attend his funeral. Please one of the family members email me his arrangements at [email protected]
I thought Curtis drove a dark blue Sebring Convertable. Was this the Curtis I knew?
Tks
Curtis bought the silver car a few months ago. His blue convertible is still sitting in my driveway.
Mother

Overland Park, KS

#33 Oct 22, 2010
Curtis bought the silver car just a few months ago. His blue convertible is still sitting in my driveway. The doctors were trying to get Curtis to have heart test done because he had been having chest/stomach pains for over a year. He had found he had a gallstone and was waiting until he gad that surgery before he would let them do heart test. We think he might have had a heart attack which caused him to run off the road. He was not drinking. He had his phone set to ping him if a computer went down at work and often had to go in during the night. He was going into work to do something.
Mother

Overland Park, KS

#34 Oct 22, 2010
THANK YOU
Perhaps you sent a lovely card,
or sat quietly in a chair,
Perhaps you sent a funeral spray.
If so we saw it there.
Perhaps you spoke the kindest words,
That any friend could say;
Perhaps you were not there at all,
Just thought of us that day,
Whatever you did to console our hearts,
We thank you so much,
whatever the part.
Thank you for all the kind words & thoughts. Mom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grandview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mike lampson Fri Shanna C_as in cunta 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Feb 22 democrat 20,852
gypsy aces mc - kc (Dec '11) Feb 21 aprilmassey 32
Why is Kansas City a dangerous city? (Nov '11) Feb 21 KCresident 51
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Feb 21 Nottheone 333
pitbull puppies for sale $200 (Aug '14) Feb 20 Jeremy 7
Review: Raintree Community Church (Oct '13) Feb 19 Bulldog Bob Brown 24

Grandview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grandview Mortgages