KCMO Police Release Graphic Dash-Cam ...

KCMO Police Release Graphic Dash-Cam Video of September Shooting

There are 62 comments on the Fox4KC story from Dec 9, 2009, titled KCMO Police Release Graphic Dash-Cam Video of September Shooting. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

Two Kansas City, Missouri, Police Officers have been cleared of any wrong-doing by a Jackson County Grand Jury following an investigation into shooting incident that left a suspect dead in south Kansas City last September, officials said on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Brad

Olathe, KS

#1 Dec 9, 2009
Hats off to the officers getting him before someone innocent could have become a victim in that park. Personally, I would have unloaded another clip in that suspect if he was still pointing his gun my way.
Dave

El Dorado Springs, MO

#3 Dec 10, 2009
Give the Officers medals. They did the job we hire them for. It is the candyass Judges that need to be fired for allowing this trash on the road. Resist arrest, brandish a knife or show a gun to a cop should be EMMEDIATE capital punishment. Cops should not have to put up with crap from anyone and the public should back up these brave men and women for risking their lives everyday when most people don't respect them.
KCwildguy

Brunswick, OH

#4 Dec 10, 2009
Looks to me like they did everything exactly right.
Eltorro

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Dec 10, 2009
After being is several situations where people shot at me I understand how the officers felt. Good job. Get rid of a gun carrying psycho and put him out of our misery.
tony from kc

Overland Park, KS

#6 Dec 10, 2009
good job guys. way to react and be a hunter and not prey cop number 2 you saved the first cops life when you distracted the bad guy the only bad part is the family of the guy that shot at them will sue and get money even thought the cops were COMPLETELY in the right
OP MOM

Overland Park, KS

#7 Dec 10, 2009
Wow... Lucky to be alive!
KCSWF

Overland Park, KS

#8 Dec 10, 2009
Dean needs to stay away from the donut shop.
Jerry

Kansas City, MO

#9 Dec 10, 2009
Why would this ever be heard by a Grand Jury? Is there no commander on the police department who has the guts to say this is a good shoot and clear the officers immediately. One never knows what a grand jury might do with something like this. What if a member had a personal grudge against the police. "Where is the backing from the department for their officers?" or is that not politically correct any longer.
Sheila K

Red Oak, IA

#10 Dec 10, 2009
Clear cut, this is what the guy deserves for shooting at a police officer or another human being period.
JR MC

Independence, MO

#11 Dec 10, 2009
once again the Police did there job...and DAM GOOD
Flash

Rockland, DE

#12 Dec 10, 2009
Well done. Glad they finished it.
Wife

Prairie Village, KS

#13 Dec 10, 2009
As the wife of one of the officers involved I am glad to see people showing their support. This has been an emotional roller coaster. I cry every day when he leaves for work. If you are the praying type, please pray for our family and the family of his partner. God Bless.

Since: Oct 09

Belton, MO

#14 Dec 10, 2009
My husband is also a cop, and I pray every night when he leaves home for his shift. I'm so happy that both officers have been exonerated, and that neither were injured! May God protect them all.
DDude

Park Ridge, NJ

#15 Dec 10, 2009
I love happy endings :)
Copmom

Overland Park, KS

#16 Dec 10, 2009
Glad to see the bad guy taken out forever! We need more police officers to do it just right like these men. I hope all policemen/women read these comments to see the public support that is backing them, we just don't get noisy about our support.
PAPPY 35

Macon, MO

#17 Dec 10, 2009
Well done!!! The first officer should be damned glad he had good backup. Also,glad the Perp couldn't shoot.
KCHusker

Kansas City, MO

#18 Dec 10, 2009
Glad those cops lived to tell the tail. Hats off to those brave men and woman. They get to see their kids open gifts this year. One of them will be to Thank God for watching over them. Merry Christmas to all.
laid back

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Dec 10, 2009
This is a clear cut case. Why was there a grand Jury involved? Hats off to the two officers and their families. That must be the worst feeling in the world, to go and put yourself on the line for society and then have your reputation tarnished. Whoever put them on office duty before doing the research should be put on jaintorial patrol.
Knows the Story

Kansas City, KS

#20 Dec 10, 2009
All police involved shootings in Kansas City are presented to a Grand Jury. It eliminates any implication that the police department is covering something up. Even as clear cut as this one is, a policy like this eliminates any implication of a cover up.
Knows the Story

Kansas City, KS

#21 Dec 10, 2009
To clarify, all police involved shootings in Jackson County go to the grand jury. It is the prosecutor's policy and one the police department has no problem with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grandview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr SL 21,336
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Nov 15 jojo 343
Review: J.D. Stewart Construction and Remodelin... (Aug '10) Nov 15 scammed 51
Do hispanic woman like white men? (Jun '13) Nov 13 Robbob 157
News Missouri child-support law change touches many ... (Sep '07) Nov 12 adultageis18not21 4,300
Missing Links MC (Oct '10) Nov 8 Doom 246
News Brenda Wood pleads guilty to embezzlement Nov 8 acid man 2

Grandview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grandview Mortgages