Parents of Colton School District and...

Parents of Colton School District and Crossing Guards

There are 10 comments on the Black Voice News story from Sep 8, 2011, titled Parents of Colton School District and Crossing Guards. In it, Black Voice News reports that:

A new school year has started and some of the districts are struggling from tight budgets and some services have been placed on the cut list like crossing guards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Black Voice News.

Indeed

Santa Ana, CA

#1 Sep 8, 2011
Parents need to demand background checks on these so-called "volunteers." They might be surprised to learn some of them have criminal records.
code 3

Port Hueneme, CA

#2 Sep 10, 2011
Indeed wrote:
Parents need to demand background checks on these so-called "volunteers." They might be surprised to learn some of them have criminal records.
Indeed! you are so right I all most forgot there are still Kelley and CrawfordnightsC lurking out there. The word is they will do anything to get back on the council. I would keep my eyes on that group of misfits. Thanks!
Indeed

Santa Ana, CA

#3 Sep 10, 2011
code 3 wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed! you are so right I all most forgot there are still Kelley and CrawfordnightsC lurking out there. The word is they will do anything to get back on the council. I would keep my eyes on that group of misfits. Thanks!
What does any of his have to do with protecting the kids from convicted child molesters and drug offenders? My guess is that you are one of these so-called "volunteers" and you would be unwilling to submit to a background check (or maybe you're scared that video of you patronizing Organic Garden will be handed over to school officials?)
code 3

Oxnard, CA

#4 Sep 10, 2011
Indeed!it is as I thought, when you feel exposed on topics- you tend to take a real offense by accusing those who try to do something good for the community. You did this by twisting the truth. As far as your so-called video in Organic Gardening, what are you talking about? You better go talk to your council member about it. Oh, I almost forgot; you don't go to those meetings anymore. By the way Mr. Crawford, when are you going to do something good for the community?
Indeed

Santa Ana, CA

#5 Sep 11, 2011
code 3 wrote:
Indeed!it is as I thought, when you feel exposed on topics- you tend to take a real offense by accusing those who try to do something good for the community. You did this by twisting the truth. As far as your so-called video in Organic Gardening, what are you talking about? You better go talk to your council member about it. Oh, I almost forgot; you don't go to those meetings anymore. By the way Mr. Crawford, when are you going to do something good for the community?
So you agree volunteers should submit to a background check and a drug test?
PS: who's Mr. Crawford?
Indeed

Santa Ana, CA

#6 Sep 11, 2011
I'm a bit surprised you haven't answered this post:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/colton-ca/T5M...
code 3

Port Hueneme, CA

#7 Sep 11, 2011
Indeed wrote:
<quoted text>So you agree volunteers should submit to a background check and a drug test?
PS: who's Mr. Crawford?
Hay! smart guy who is going to pay for the drug testing? I think you are right when you say volunteers should take a background check. Who should pay for that the parents? Do you expect the school board to pay or do you think the city should spend tax payers money. I take it you have no children? if you read the story in black voice news you mite have a better understanding of what is really go on. Like always you are only good for running your mouth. As for your information smart guy I took a back ground check. If you want to talk about dispensaries we can do that to at a later time, but first get your facts right.
Indeed

Santa Ana, CA

#8 Sep 11, 2011
code 3 wrote:
<quoted text>Hay! smart guy who is going to pay for the drug testing? I think you are right when you say volunteers should take a background check. Who should pay for that the parents? Do you expect the school board to pay or do you think the city should spend tax payers money. I take it you have no children? if you read the story in black voice news you mite have a better understanding of what is really go on. Like always you are only good for running your mouth. As for your information smart guy I took a back ground check. If you want to talk about dispensaries we can do that to at a later time, but first get your facts right.
Sounds like you are taking advantage of the situation(lack of funding for background checks/drug testing ie.things meant to PROTECT the kids). The real question is who is going to pay hospital bills/funeral costs when heaven forbid one of these kids is injured or killed because someone who would have never qualified for a paid crossing guard position or for that a matter a genuine volunteer program drops the ball. Do you have the kind of money to fight a wrongful death lawsuit?
code 3

Port Hueneme, CA

#9 Sep 11, 2011
Indeed wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you are taking advantage of the situation(lack of funding for background checks/drug testing ie.things meant to PROTECT the kids). The real question is who is going to pay hospital bills/funeral costs when heaven forbid one of these kids is injured or killed because someone who would have never qualified for a paid crossing guard position or for that a matter a genuine volunteer program drops the ball. Do you have the kind of money to fight a wrongful death lawsuit?
I get it now we are talking about qualifications. I will tell you what tomorrow I will forget about any of this helping out to make you happy. So when some one get's hit it's on you. Two thinks for you to remember, what have you done to help? Where is the money going to come from? You seem to have a funny way of not answering a question. So when no one is keeping an eye on the kids and there life is at risk what will you be doing then? I still have yet to hear something positive out of you or are you so full of hate. Just think if i lived next to you and my house got fire I needed your help. Have you every read Luke 10:25-37 the parable of The Good Samaritan?
Indeed

Santa Ana, CA

#10 Sep 11, 2011
Unfortunately there is nothing in California's Good Samaritan Law (California Civil Code Section 1714.2) that grants immunity for volunteer crossing guards. Perhaps you should lobby to change that? I also have nothing against "something good for the community" provided it is done in a responsible manner. Do you feel that driving to volunteer at the hospital is a valid excuse for an unlicensed, uninsured motorist to be on the road? The fault here lies not with you John, it lies with the school boards decision to cut crossing guards instead of cutting other places. It lies with them for not putting funds aside to, at the VERY LEAST, insure volunteers/provide adequate training, etc. BTW: how many school board members are volunteering as crossing guards? 3? 4? All 7?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Terrace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 32,250
News Redlands teacher arrested, jailed (Oct '08) May 2 crimsonking 7
Review: Good Times Collision And Restoration (Jul '15) May 1 Abcd 4
Stolen tan 94 honda accord Apr 30 Lion8592 1
Review: Canyon Springs Bowl Apr 29 Canyon Springs Bo... 1
Review: Metrolink 91/Perris Valley Line Apr 29 Metrolink 91 PVL 1
Review: Riverside Hunter Park UCR Metrolink Sta... Apr 29 Hunter Park Metro... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Terrace Mortgages