Measure C, other local races show lit...

Measure C, other local races show little change

There are 2 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Nov 3, 2010, titled Measure C, other local races show little change. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

Measure C continued to show a lack of support based on the latest results released this morning by the San Bernardino County Registrar of Voters, and numerous other local races showed little change from last night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

Good Grief

Corona, CA

#1 Nov 3, 2010
Politicians still don't get it. We feel overtaxed and we are. Just looking at my property taxes, they have continued to increase every year for several years. Fully 40% of my property taxes now pay for special assessments. That skirts adherence to the purpose of Prop 13. My water bill has add-ons that that make no sense whatsoever. If I didn't use any water during a billing cycle I would still have a bill for $75 or more. A gallon of gas now includes 18 cents federal, 18.4 cents State, and 9% sales tax. We pay so much in taxes that when productive working people struggle to feed their families, the government is actually responsible for their plight. Why can't government learn to live on less like we all have, and roll back or eliminate some taxes instead of proposing new ones? That would help boost our economy.

Since: Oct 10

San Bernardino

#2 Nov 3, 2010
Amen, Right On the button. The sad part is that people vote for all these add-ons because they want the parks to be beautiful, a high speed train to Las Vegas, and so on and so on. Wake up people, and send a giant wake up call to those we elect. "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore". If you didn't vote, you should have. If you did vote, thank you. No matter if we agree on the choices I will respect your constitutional right to voice it at a city council meeting, a board of supervisors meeting, in the opinion section of your local newspaper, with a sign in your yard. Please, please, please, stand up and be heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Terrace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min Trojan 33,657
Review: Adam Keith Labanics 23 hr ADAM KEITH LABANICS 1
Review: Maricela Espinoza Thu MARICELA ESPINOZA 1
City water in highland Thu JOE 1
News Congressman Issa joins effort to get a oeMade I... Thu Solarman 1
News Redlands Mall closing (Sep '10) Aug 14 Red 55
UH-60 black hawk helicopter sightings Aug 10 indenu 1

Grand Terrace Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Terrace Mortgages