Next Last
og tom

Benton, KY

#1 Oct 20, 2013
Vote yes yes yes
A better answer

United States

#2 Oct 20, 2013
If you want it to pass you had better get started on a positive VOTE YES advertising campaign NOW... don't wait... if you wait till 2014 it will be too late.

You have got to change peoples attitudes... trust me I have been down this "liquor by the drink" road.

You have got to get a new mind set.
yup

United States

#3 Oct 20, 2013
Needs to happen but never will to me simple minds and crooked administrators
bob

Benton, KY

#4 Oct 20, 2013
yup wrote:
Needs to happen but never will to me simple minds and crooked administrators
I like going to Murray eat get beer. Marshall co has no good place to eat same old places

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6 Oct 20, 2013
Yes we do!
just sayin

Benton, KY

#7 Oct 26, 2013
I voted no last time and will vote no next time if package sales are included. I will vote yes for "by the drink", and if that works out well I would consider going for package sales on the next vote, but if my choice is "all or nothing", I choose nothing. I would like to see who is appointed to the Marshall County Liquor Control Board and how responsibly they do their job before allowing marinas to sell cases of beer to boaters.
I would love to have a beer with my meal at Pizza Hut, but I also have concerns on the lake. I'm with you if we take it one step at a time, but if you try to force it on us all at once, I vote no.
Okee Doky

Owensboro, KY

#8 Oct 27, 2013
Old lady wrote:
I'm voting yes next time. I'm sick of the other counties getting all our money. I ain't listening to those fakes that said I was a horrible person if I voted yes.
Me too!
Vick

Somerset, KY

#9 Oct 27, 2013
Vote NO so murray can receive all your money.We have beer cheaper gas fill up and lots places to eat.and shop ,and go over loaded up on beer and fine wines.We can cash your pay check and you can spend all In lovely murray ky.Just be sure you don't move here.
jay

Benton, KY

#10 Oct 27, 2013
All the there county wet. Let go wet too :)
Amby

Marion, KY

#11 Oct 27, 2013
I heard over and over how dead this county was and how alcohol would bring in more businessess and yet we stayed dry and at least 10 new places have opened this year. I will be voting NO again.
Jim Beam

Benton, KY

#12 Oct 27, 2013
10 new. Hummmm I don't call fast food a business. I call it a wast. Now a good steak house now that's a new business. Won't ever happen DRY.
Amby

Marion, KY

#13 Oct 27, 2013
Fast food places bring jobs too but I was talking about the bakery, Benton hardware, the new clothing store. Storys expanded. Pucketts expanded. Cafe chas, salon up on the square just to name a few. Just FYI Majetic has a delicious ribeye and kabob.
Jim Beam

Benton, KY

#14 Oct 27, 2013
Amby wrote:
Fast food places bring jobs too but I was talking about the bakery, Benton hardware, the new clothing store. Storys expanded. Pucketts expanded. Cafe chas, salon up on the square just to name a few. Just FYI Majetic has a delicious ribeye and kabob.
And none of these places gets any of my money.
jay

Benton, KY

#15 Oct 27, 2013
Amby wrote:
You are funny. Lol
Vick

Somerset, KY

#16 Oct 27, 2013
how many have closed this year? a day care,a bbq place,tumble weed,a donut shop,burgur king,dollar tree,block bustors,hair salon.most all the stores on the court square are closed.a auction house,lacys,a car dealership.tanning salon.,subway in wal mart.add to my list people
jay

Benton, KY

#18 Oct 27, 2013
Better than you wrote:
I'm a good person who holds their nose high in the air and I'm letting you know we don't need the nasty people and their sinfull alcohol in my county. It brings other drugs and other kinds of people I and my friends do not approve of. If you want to be a drunk then move away from my county.
Your county it not your so suck it
Amby

Marion, KY

#19 Oct 27, 2013
Burger king and dollar tree closed several years ago. The daycare, tanning salon both closed for no reason pertaining to the fact this is a dry county. Ms. Lacey wanted to retire so she sold the restaurant to another family member that did not run it well. The donut shop moved locations it's in parcels now. Blockbusters everywhere are going out of business because of netflix and redbox. If you run your business right and there is a need for the type of business you own it will survive. When you open up another car lot or salon your chances aren't as good unless you offer something the others don't have.
Jim Beam

Benton, KY

#21 Oct 28, 2013
Super man wrote:
I agree with Better. The drunks are also the ones getting doped up so a drinker is a druggie. They are one and the same. We don't need the drunk pill head needle junkies in our county!
Are you calling Jesus a drunk druggie???? He drank wine.

Location hidden

#22 Oct 28, 2013
Better than you wrote:
I'm a good person who holds their nose high in the air and I'm letting you know we don't need the nasty people and their sinfull alcohol in my county. It brings other drugs and other kinds of people I and my friends do not approve of. If you want to be a drunk then move away from my county.
Honey, there are plenty of drinks in our county...they just drive home from Paducah with their alcohol or drive he from the bars in Paducah drinker than a skunk. Do the research on the statistics and you would see.

Location hidden

#23 Oct 28, 2013
Amby wrote:
Burger king and dollar tree closed several years ago. The daycare, tanning salon both closed for no reason pertaining to the fact this is a dry county. Ms. Lacey wanted to retire so she sold the restaurant to another family member that did not run it well. The donut shop moved locations it's in parcels now. Blockbusters everywhere are going out of business because of netflix and redbox. If you run your business right and there is a need for the type of business you own it will survive. When you open up another car lot or salon your chances aren't as good unless you offer something the others don't have.
And the businesses you are talking about that have opened are the same kinds of businesses we already have. There are plenty of "good" people here who would like to see this county benefit from the income that could be drawn from going wet. Have your opinion, but that doesn't make it right, not is it a progressive or productive route...we've already seen that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rivers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kindra hamby 2 hr exfriend 3
Billy Mull 3 hr Nightcrawler 2
Come on Mandy 4 hr Yep 22
Cynthia Edmonson (Nov '13) 10 hr Anonymous 3
Patti's 1880's Settlement 12 hr resident 3
Kids saved in creek 13 hr Dustin 10
Jobs gone 15 hr miller 23

Grand Rivers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance