Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Underdog

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Feb 26, 2011
Republicans never incite violence.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110226/ap_on_re_...

"....the congressman didn't criticize the man for asking the question, instead deflecting it."

Only after it was reported in a newspaper did he condemn the question.
retardeddemocrat

United States

#2 Feb 26, 2011
your a fool
OJ Simpson

United States

#3 Feb 27, 2011
The gays are responsible for this hatred

Since: Jan 11

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Feb 27, 2011
retardeddemocrat wrote:
your a fool
why do you say that? if you watched the video, you could conclude that everyone thought the question was humorous. do you find the question humorous? if i handed you a gun, would you know how to grip it? would you use it? did you find anything about this post funny? then, what point were you making in your post?
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Feb 27, 2011
Probably a plant from the left sent to stir up trouble.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#7 Feb 27, 2011
say what wrote:
Probably a plant from the left sent to stir up trouble.
I agree.
Wouldnt be the first time.

Elizabethton, TN

#8 Feb 27, 2011
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>I agree.
Wouldnt be the first time.
i agree, jimmy. everytime a repub f**ks up, it's a democrat's fault.

you boys are really sumpin....

i think that guy in the stall next to larry craig was a demo too. didn't you hear?...

it goes way back. the first president i voted for, richard nixon, was undone by a democrat tape recorder.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#9 Feb 27, 2011
Everyone get their tin foil hats on. Time for another conspiracy....

Grandville, MI

#10 Feb 27, 2011
trikeman wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree, jimmy. everytime a repub f**ks up, it's a democrat's fault.
you boys are really sumpin....
i think that guy in the stall next to larry craig was a demo too. didn't you hear?...
it goes way back. the first president i voted for, richard nixon, was undone by a democrat tape recorder.
Yeah, kind of like everytime a liberal f**ks up, it's a conservatives fault.

Hey, you dont happen to have a link to that video where you claim everyone at the town hall thought the comment was humorous do you?

Elizabethton, TN

#11 Feb 27, 2011
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, kind of like everytime a liberal f**ks up, it's a conservatives fault.
Hey, you dont happen to have a link to that video where you claim everyone at the town hall thought the comment was humorous do you?
THEY WON'T RELEASE IT!!! i wonder what that means, jimmy....see below from cnn press inquiry:

"His office refused to say whether it had audio or video footage of the exchange.

According to the newspaper's account, which was confirmed by Broun's office, the congressman didn't criticize the man for asking the question, instead deflecting it. He told the audience that he understood their frustration with Obama and reminded them that they would have the chance to help elect a new president next year."

jimmy, see, it's sorta like you telling me your dear relative just died, and then me immediately asking you who won the game yesterday. broun should have immediately taken the guy to task, just like mccain did in one of his more coherent moments back during the campaign.

Grandville, MI

#12 Feb 27, 2011
trikeman wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY WON'T RELEASE IT!!! i wonder what that means, jimmy....see below from cnn press inquiry:
"His office refused to say whether it had audio or video footage of the exchange.
According to the newspaper's account, which was confirmed by Broun's office, the congressman didn't criticize the man for asking the question, instead deflecting it. He told the audience that he understood their frustration with Obama and reminded them that they would have the chance to help elect a new president next year."
jimmy, see, it's sorta like you telling me your dear relative just died, and then me immediately asking you who won the game yesterday. broun should have immediately taken the guy to task, just like mccain did in one of his more coherent moments back during the campaign.
Huh, they wont release the video, but somehow you've seen it, and claim that everyone thought the question was "humorous".

From the link above:
"A Georgia Republican said Friday he didn't immediately condemn a constituent who asked about assassinating President Barack Obama because he was stunned by the question and didn't want to dignify it with a response."
I'm not defending Mr. Broun, but I can also understand why someone would be stunned by such a question, and not want to dignify it with a response.
Put yourself in his shoes, and ask yourself what you might have done in the same situation.
It's easy to be an armchair quarterback and say now that you'd have done something different.
But he was put on the spot right then and there, and didnt have two days to sit and ponder a response.
Sometimes in those situations, no response, is the best response.

I'd still like to see the video that claim to have seen, where everyone thought the question was humorous. I'm certain it will be released soon.
And if it is true that they all found some sort of humor in that question, then I'm certainly dissapointed in them for that.
Like Mr. Broun said, if you dont like the president, we will have a chance next year to vote for someone else.

As far as the possibility goes as for him being a plant from the left, just to stir up trouble, have you forgotten all of those town hall meetings, and tea-party gatherings where SEIU members were stirring up trouble?
Maybey this will jog your memory:
http://biggovernment.com/jhoft/2010/03/03/cou...
http://wizbangblog.com/content/2009/11/26/six...
http://www.mofopolitics.com/2009/08/07/video-...

Elizabethton, TN

#13 Feb 27, 2011
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Huh, they wont release the video, but somehow you've seen it, and claim that everyone thought the question was "humorous".
From the link above:
"A Georgia Republican said Friday he didn't immediately condemn a constituent who asked about assassinating President Barack Obama because he was stunned by the question and didn't want to dignify it with a response."
I'm not defending Mr. Broun, but I can also understand why someone would be stunned by such a question, and not want to dignify it with a response.
Put yourself in his shoes, and ask yourself what you might have done in the same situation.
It's easy to be an armchair quarterback and say now that you'd have done something different.
But he was put on the spot right then and there, and didnt have two days to sit and ponder a response.
I'd still like to see the video that claim to have seen, where everyone thought the question was humorous. I'm certain it will be released soon.
And if it is true that they all found some sort of humor in that question, then I'm certainly dissapointed in them for that.
Like Mr. Broun said, if you dont like the president, we will have a chance next year to vote for someone else.
As far as the possibility goes as for him being a plant from the left, just to stir up trouble, have you forgotten all of those town hall meetings, and tea-party gatherings where SEIU members were stirring up trouble?
i never said i was there, jimmy. my sister was. she teaches in lexington. i trust what my sister saw and said. she said he grinned. i didn't think it was funny and she didn't either. jimmy, she's a republican....

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Feb 27, 2011
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Huh, they wont release the video, but somehow you've seen it, and claim that everyone thought the question was "humorous".
From the link above:
anyway, why are you defending "retard?" by his own description, he is a retard....

Grandville, MI

#15 Feb 27, 2011
trikeman wrote:
<quoted text>
anyway, why are you defending "retard?" by his own description, he is a retard....
You lost me on that one.
Who am I defending again?
Whom is it that you are calling a "retard"?
Or, by his "own description" calls himself a "retard"?
Or, are you just stooping back into your normal namecalling theme?
Are you talking about the Kenneth Gladney links?
If so, I was not defending anyone, just reminding you of some of the things the left has done at conservative gatherings to stir up trouble.
And it would not surprise me one bit, if this was a plant by the left AGAIN trying to stir up trouble.
Go ahead and defend the left for their actions.
People have seen what they are about, and made their voices heard last November.
At the VOTING BOOTH!
Good luck in 2012!
You dont win votes through violence!
Just look at what your party is doing in Wisconsin, and even a violent protest by the left here in Lansing.
But that seems to be the level that your party has resorted to at this point.

Elizabethton, TN

#16 Feb 27, 2011
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>You lost me on that one.
Who am I defending again?
Whom is it that you are calling a "retard"?
Or, by his "own description" calls himself a "retard"?
Or, are you just stooping back into your normal namecalling theme?
Are you talking about the Kenneth Gladney links?
If so, I was not defending anyone, just reminding you of some of the things the left has done at conservative gatherings to stir up trouble.
And it would not surprise me one bit, if this was a plant by the left AGAIN trying to stir up trouble.
Go ahead and defend the left for their actions.
People have seen what they are about, and made their voices heard last November.
At the VOTING BOOTH!
Good luck in 2012!
You dont win votes through violence!
Just look at what your party is doing in Wisconsin, and even a violent protest by the left here in Lansing.
But that seems to be the level that your party has resorted to at this point.
jimmy, you're normally not this slow on the uptake. look at post #2. this all started by some guy named "retard" telling a poster he was "a fool." i haven't called anyone a name. i am referring to monikers and other posters' statements. don't try to make me out the bad guy, jimmy. i got here after the wreck occurred.

what party do i belong to jimmy? do you think it's democrat, because i took retard to task?

if everybody on topix that takes a position counter to yours is a "leftist plant," why do you even bother participating?

sarah, michelle, and sharron are very popular in the republican ranks with their "armed and dangerous','second amendment remedies', and 'lock and load" rhetoric. what do mean when you say "you don't win votes with violence?" maybe there are people out there just trying to follow ya'll's lead. i would think you would be flattered by that.....

Grandville, MI

#17 Feb 27, 2011
trikeman wrote:
<quoted text>
jimmy, you're normally not this slow on the uptake. look at post #2. this all started by some guy named "retard" telling a poster he was "a fool." i haven't called anyone a name. i am referring to monikers and other posters' statements. don't try to make me out the bad guy, jimmy. i got here after the wreck occurred.
what party do i belong to jimmy? do you think it's democrat, because i took retard to task?
if everybody on topix that takes a position counter to yours is a "leftist plant," why do you even bother participating?
sarah, michelle, and sharron are very popular in the republican ranks with their "armed and dangerous','second amendment remedies', and 'lock and load" rhetoric. what do mean when you say "you don't win votes with violence?" maybe there are people out there just trying to follow ya'll's lead. i would think you would be flattered by that.....
Just the fact that you keep refering to me as "jimmy" speaks volumes about you.
It shows your lack of respect.
Should I in turn refer to you as "tricycle boi"??
You and your fellow progressive posters seem to choose name calling as your main point of disscussion, rather than the real issues.

And then you quote Tina Fey from SNL for putting words into Sarah Palins mouth. Have you ever thought about getting your news from a source other than SNL?

And then your own party feels it's o-k to put out something like this.
http://i56.tinypic.com/2apvzk.jpg

Pailin and Bachmann are a non-issue.
They trail so far behind five or six other conservatives, it's hard to belive that you progressives are still so infatuated with them.
But go ahead, and keep it up.
It seems to be working.
Just like it did last November!

Elizabethton, TN

#18 Feb 27, 2011
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Just the fact that you keep refering to me as "jimmy" speaks volumes about you.
It shows your lack of respect.
jimmy, in the south jimmy is a term of endearment. it means i like you. you can call me dennis or mr. hopper.

you are confusing tina fey and snl doing "i can see russia from my house" with sarah doing all her gun stuff. see below. you aren't having a good day, today, jimmy. you ought to come back tomorrow, when you are "locked and loaded."

Sarah Palin steps up the rhetoric against her detractors
Published: Monday, March 29, 2010, 7:15 PM Updated: Monday, By The Associated Press
APSarah Palin speaks at a tea party rally in Searchlight, Nev., on Saturday.JUNEAU, Alaska — Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin had some harsh words for her detractors in the health care debate with a thinly veiled, March Madness-themed Facebook post in which she declared,“never retreat, instead RELOAD!”
The title of the former Alaska governor’s Facebook post on Sunday was “Warning: Subject to New Politically Correct Language Police Censorship.” Palin then discussed her love of college basketball and compared the NCAA tournament to a “heated, competitive primary election.”

The former basketball player then stepped some of the rhetoric she has employed recently to describe her dislike of the Democrat-backed health overhaul.

She wrote about using “strong weapons” and “big guns” to drive to the basket. She urged teams to “shoot with accuracy; aim high and remember it takes blood, sweat and tears to win.” She says “bombing through the press” is part of what teams must do to help reach their goals.

“To the teams that desire making it this far next year: Gear up! In the battle, set your sights on next season’s targets! From the shot across the bow — the first second’s tip-off — your leaders will be in the enemy’s crosshairs, so you must execute strong defensive tactics,” she wrote.“You won’t win only playing defense, so get on offense!”

“If the other side tries to push back,” she added later,“your attitude should be ’go for it.’ Get in their faces and argue with them.”

Democrats have criticized Palin for using such loaded language at a time when lawmakers have reported receiving threats of violence for supporting the health bill. Over the weekend in Alaska, a window was reported smashed at the state Democratic Party headquarters.

Grandville, MI

#19 Feb 27, 2011
It isn't suprising that you and your sister find humour in someone asking the question about who is going to shoot Obama.
And it isn't surprising to see you progreesives stoop to this level.
It just adds more support to the theory that it was a plant from the left that made the comment.

Elizabethton, TN

#20 Feb 27, 2011
Gville Jim wrote:
It isn't suprising that you and your sister find humour in someone asking the question about who is going to shoot Obama.
And it isn't surprising to see you progreesives stoop to this level.
It just adds more support to the theory that it was a plant from the left that made the comment.
i find your posts to be particularly intriguing, today, jimmy. how did you deduce that we think the question posed was humorous?

what "plant" made a comment? you are really hard to follow right now. i am not a "progressive." i might be a "regressive" though. i long for the days of dwight eisenhower, bow ties, and hiding under my school desk....

Grandville, MI

#21 Feb 27, 2011
trikeman wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you say that? if you watched the video, you could conclude that everyone thought the question was humorous. do you find the question humorous?
Maybe it was this post by you who thought the comment was "humorous?
Why dont you produce the video to back up what you claim that you have seen?
You have claimed to have seen some sort of video where people thought the comment was "humorous"
Put it up,....or shut up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets Chat (Mar '08) 19 hr Gville Jim 40,226
Crooked Hillary's Tax Return Challenge To Donald 19 hr Gville Jim 5
News Kent County Detectives: Teen homicide suspect k... Mon HillJack 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Mon Robert walker 1,100
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon Banned 2,684
News Pay your utility bills or lose service (Dec '08) Aug 19 Shimake 160
Days of Yore Aug 18 Gville Jim 2

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages