Shark Steam Mop

When it comes to mopping floors, there are a lot of options these days besides a mop and bucket. Full Story
Lynda

Tampa, FL

#166 Jul 24, 2011
Michelle D wrote:
I have a Shark Steam Mop that I used only twice. It did not work for the floors I needed to clean, so I am looking to sell it to someone who is needing one, plus it comes with extra mop pads (2, I believe). If you are interested, please let me know. Thanks.
Do you still have the Shark Steam Mop? I am interested in it. How much are you asking for it. Thanks. Lynda
Hello

Grand Blanc, MI

#167 Jul 24, 2011
Judy O wrote:
I just put in Bamboo flooring in my kitchen. Can I use the Shark Steamer to clean it?
No, because the Shark Steamer product is gay.
Guy N

Auckland, New Zealand

#168 Aug 25, 2011
STeam mops are a great addition to my cleaning arsenal. I have been review them in NZ.
http://www.steammop.co.nz
Cheers
Guy N

Auckland, New Zealand

#169 Aug 25, 2011
I have tried a lot of steam mops. They have only recently been introduced in NZ. I decided to review them.
http://www.steammop.co.nz

Thanks
Not satisfied

Prior Lake, MN

#170 Sep 4, 2011
My husband got me a Shark steam mop for Christmas last year. We used it maybe 10 times and it quit steaming. It was over 3 months from when we purchased it, so I can't return it to Target. I will try using the vinigar to see if the steam returns, but for the most part, I would say, don't waste your money on this product. I didn't use distilled water, but used our Reverse osmosis water which gets rid of most minerals & pollutants in drinking water. This should be as good as distilled.
Janiece

AOL

#171 Sep 19, 2011
I love this machine, but as all things do, its stopped steaming through the botton??
What to do now?
Thanks
Amanda

Fort Myers, FL

#172 Oct 29, 2011
skinny wrote:
Solution to Shark Steam Mop not working because of hard water corrosion:
Empty out all the water and pour some white vinegar into it (enough to allow steam to be made) and let it go for at least a couple of minutes. Unplug and let cool. Then pour any remaining vinegar out and put distilled water back in for normal operation.(Don't leave vinegar in unit. It might do some other type of damage.)
Mine stopped producing steam and I did this and it immediately produced steam (after the normal 30 second wait).
Awesome! Worked perfectly!
thanks

Manassas, VA

#173 Nov 12, 2011
skinny wrote:
Solution to Shark Steam Mop not working because of hard water corrosion:
Empty out all the water and pour some white vinegar into it (enough to allow steam to be made) and let it go for at least a couple of minutes...
THANKS!!

Word of warning, though.

If steam stops coming out, don't keep mopping like I did, then try the vinegar solution. I didn't know it was still making steam, and the steam was building up pressure behind the hard water deposit clog. When I put the vinegar in and turned it on, the vinegar dissolved the clog and all the steam exploded out - making a loud sound like a gunshot in the process. I nearly had a heart attack! But at least I've got steam again.

From now on, only distilled water is going in there!
Dejavu

Girraween, Australia

#174 Jan 2, 2012
I am so glad I just read the reviews on the Shark Steam Mop because I saw the fabulous advertisement on TV the other night and was influenced to purchase one. Thank goodness I didn't! I have a Kenwood Steam Mop which just stopped working after 12 months (when the warranty ran out). Is there any good steam mops available on the market???
mary

Rockland, MA

#175 Feb 26, 2012
Michelle wrote:
i have an infant and use the shark all the tome. it clrans our gloors amazingly well. i have never seen anythibg like it
tried the vinegar and my shark started steaming immediately. ive had it for about 2 yrs and use it all the time . I did leave water in it for a while . i guess thats the problem . I love it. the replacement pads are very expensive though!!
Ella

United States

#176 Apr 7, 2012
Joemama wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I would worry about his feelings too much. He bought you a mop for your birthday present !! What a tool !!
I for one ask for household items for gifts. Im not into flowers the die and jewelry and all that jazz. Give me some casserole dishes, vacuum, steam mop, etc any day! My only me gift ever was a Kindle Fire this past Valentines day. 21 years of marriage and that is my splurge gift!
Roland Creedy

Corpus Christi, TX

#177 Apr 11, 2012
I bought my sharp steam and vac just over a year ago after watching one of their info-mercials. I was really impressed when it arrived, a decent looking machine that did a very good job for about the 5-6 times that I used it. Then the steam stopped coming out. So I stripped it down thinking easy fix just caulked up from hard water.It was blocked alright and I cleared the obstruction,, easy enough but still no steam. I get on line and see that I'm not the only one and call the company who treated the problem so matter of factly that as if it happens to everyone and offered me another machine at half the retail price! "For what? to happen all over again?" I said. When I asked how they could market a product with such an obvious design fault and not even offer a solution to the thousands of suckers that were obviously expecting a bit more use from their machines they repeated their generous offer of another problem ridden machine for me to play with. I explained my great disappointmentof their product and after sales service and they said,"Thanks yu for you call goodbye sir!" There should be a law against this sort of thing to protect the consumer. I will never buy another shark product while I draw breath and do all that I can to tell others the same. Let's start the revolution!
Lyla Burns

Salt Lake City, UT

#178 May 3, 2012
Ever since we re-tiled with tiles containing uncoupling membranes I have wanted a Shark steamer. http://www.blankecorp.com/blanke-usa/products... I think that the kitchen and bathroom floors get so dirty so I can't wait to use my Shark!
Tracey

United States

#179 Jun 25, 2012
I was so excited to buy the Shark Steam Mop a few months ago... finally talked my husband into buying it for me for christmas. I AM SOOO DISAPPOINTED!! Yeah sure it works easily without chemicals and it makes the floors appear to be clean but after I was done I took a wet rag and swipedit across my floor and saw nothing but brown dirt still on my floor. I have been using it anyway for months and it still isn't any better. I've tried short strokes, long strokes, going over the floor 3 times even and it just doesn't clean the floors...I really wish I could get my money back. Anyway, I guess I'm back to using a mop and bucket.
Marija

Canada

#180 Sep 4, 2012
Judy O wrote:
I just put in Bamboo flooring in my kitchen. Can I use the Shark Steamer to clean it?
I have been using the shark steam mop for the last year on my hand scraped bamboo floors and I love it. I have tried so many cleaners and this is the only product that works as you are not allowed to use cleaners with surfactant in it. Just don't allow the steam to sit on one area for too long keep moving mop .
Nan from Missouri

Saint Louis, MO

#181 Oct 24, 2012
I got this Shark steam mop from my daughter at Christmas. It worked fine until late summer when it stopped steaming. I tried the pipecleaner trick but not until I filled it halfway with white vinegar and let it heat a bit (10+ min.), did it start steaming again when I pumped it a few times. Thanks for your helpful blog.
Debbie

Lambertville, MI

#182 Feb 14, 2013
I totally agree with you Connie! I have had 3 dirt devil steam mops that I have loved. The problem with those was the cheap handles kept breaking so i decided to by a shark thinking the handle was stronger...which it is..but...the awful haze on my floor is nasty!! I have black ceramic tile & hardwood. The haze is so bad on the black tile i can see my footprints on it and it leaves my floor with a very thick whiteish color!!! I am VERY disappointed! I have 5 cats and a big dog and i really need to get the germs off and steam does the job. I read the directions that came with the mop and it says not to wash the pads w/ softner or anything b/c that will make the pad not work correctly so i have not washed w/ softner and still i have the problems!! I am going to contact Shark!
Water Boy

Mount Morris, MI

#183 Feb 15, 2013
Debbie wrote:
I totally agree with you Connie! I have had 3 dirt devil steam mops that I have loved. The problem with those was the cheap handles kept breaking so i decided to by a shark thinking the handle was stronger...which it is..but...the awful haze on my floor is nasty!! I have black ceramic tile & hardwood. The haze is so bad on the black tile i can see my footprints on it and it leaves my floor with a very thick whiteish color!!! I am VERY disappointed! I have 5 cats and a big dog and i really need to get the germs off and steam does the job. I read the directions that came with the mop and it says not to wash the pads w/ softner or anything b/c that will make the pad not work correctly so i have not washed w/ softner and still i have the problems!! I am going to contact Shark!
Did you try filtered bottled water or Distilled Water?
Disappointed

Fishers, IN

#184 Oct 19, 2013
Junk
STARR

Las Vegas, NV

#185 Nov 16, 2013
Connie wrote:
I do not like the Shark mop. I just posted a comment about mine. I wish I would never have spent the money on it. It leaves a terrible haze on the floors. After you use the Shark mop and it is dry, step back and bend down and look at your floor. It will not be shiny or clean looking. It will have this thick dull haze on the floor. And if you walk across the floor, take a few steps back and look at the floor again, the haze is so thick you can see your sock/foot marks on the floor. I can't get my Shark Steam Mop to go across any floor with those pads. Not even the tile downstairs. The pads roll up underneath and you cannot push the mop around anywhere. I have to move the pads down so far that where the steam comes out, there is no pad covering it at all.
<quoted text>
Shark mop is a SHARK A piece of JUNK BY STAR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Rapids ArtPrize effects cross the globe 1 hr Sneaky Pete 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 1,370
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 6 hr a commenter 942
obama chides isis 16 hr Gville Jim 2
obama must act to protect american interests. . . Sun Lilly_Bedwetter 5
Obama's new approval rating at 38% (Mar '14) Sun Phil 86
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? Sun Oneal 23
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••