Shark Steam Mop

There are 190 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Jan 16, 2008, titled Shark Steam Mop. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

When it comes to mopping floors, there are a lot of options these days besides a mop and bucket.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

aurelia

Hollywood, FL

#41 Aug 22, 2008
pianoslave wrote:
I have the Shark Steam Mop and really like it though it is a little resistent to push on my laminate floor. However, it fell over after just the first use and broke the plastic piece that secures the handle. They offered to send me a new one at no charge but told me it would take 3 weeks. It didn't set well with me that they charged me my second payment before it was even replace. I am not wild about their customer service.
I received a non-working unit so they replaced it with a new one but now I want to return both units and they want me to pay for s&h for BOTH units.It's a scam
Shark Steam Mop

Gillespie, IL

#42 Aug 24, 2008
I just purchased this at Sears..only b.c it was priced wrong.$39.99 I just used it today and really like it. The only bad thing is the short cord to bad they did not make it longer. I have to say it did a wonderful job and the floor just shined when I was finished. Dries so quickly too! It has my vote so far.
Nicole

Tampa, FL

#43 Aug 24, 2008
Works great...but after 4 uses it completely died. Took back to Bed Bath and Beyond, no questions asked just gave me a new one.
hunterjumper

Mount Dora, FL

#44 Aug 30, 2008
I noticed you cannot you these steam mops on unfinished laminate floors. So what is an alternative besides swiffer or clorox??
Kim

Virginia Beach, VA

#45 Aug 31, 2008
mitzi wrote:
hi Tina
I am looking to but a shark mop, and i am just browsing to see all the reviews.
I checked Ebay and they have pads there, and also amazon has them!
Tina
I just went to Bath and Beyond yesterday and they carry the shark steam mop and pads there,
Candy

Holdrege, NE

#46 Sep 4, 2008
BUY FROM A STORE AND SAVE YOUR RECEIPT.... It streaks on tile, is hard to push, you have to spend a lot of time cleaning the pads after each use, and mine stopped working after 6 uses. So my suggestion is to buy it from Target or Walmart so you wont waste money on shipping when you buy it and return it......
Lorraine

Honolulu, HI

#47 Sep 4, 2008
Can't decide between Shark Steam Mop and Bissell,
Green Tea. Also, will either be ok on cork floors, which I have in my kitchen and children's bathroom? Help!
Aundrea

Salt Lake City, UT

#48 Sep 4, 2008
I think the Customer Service for Shark Steam Mop SUCKS! I'm so frustrated!!! When the product works it works well, however if you use it daily as I do it last about 3 weeks before the little peice inside quits working. The first steam mop quit working 3 weeks into it and fell over and broke the cord holder on the top, it was a awful experience getting it replaced, after 3 weeks I finally received replacement and not even 2 weeks into it, it quit producing the steam. Called the C S ppl. back and they want me to pay for shipping for it to be looked at meanwhile in 3 weeks they will ship me a temp. one and in 6 weeks I'll get mine back. OMG I was furious, I demanded my money back and they can have both mops that DON't WORK. They have refused to refund my money, and I am getting a lawyer. I mean I paid over $100.o0 bucks for a mop that doesn't work. DON"T BUY THIS PRODUCT!! Oh and there customer service ppl barely speak any exnglish, you have to have them repeat almost every word. Rediculous
Angela

Manhattan Beach, CA

#49 Sep 5, 2008
The bissell sounds like a better product. But there are 3 models listed on Amazon.com - Hard-Floor Cleaner (green tea), Flip It Hard Floor Cleaner (looks red), and Flip It Bare-Floor Cleaner (looks grey). I have bamboo flooring. Any suggestions?
Thanks!~
MissDinty

Kamloops, Canada

#50 Sep 5, 2008
I have the shark steam mop, and really like the job it does on my kitchen floor, but I notice that I am getting big patches of yellowing on the vinyl flooring. Could it be caused by the moisture?
MissDinty

Kamloops, Canada

#51 Sep 5, 2008
....also..I got it at Canadian Tire, as well as extra pads. I also do not like how the pads will not come clean after the first use.
SteamMop

San Antonio, TX

#52 Sep 9, 2008
I got a Shark Steam mop today. I have been excited to replace the mop and bucket. No complain about how it looks. If you think about the handle is like a mop...I am not sure if it's me but I see streaks on my tile floor. It makes them look dull..clean but dull and not shiny at all...I keep reading about people having "excess" water and super wet pads...and "be careful after you are done because the pad would be really hot"..uhm...that did not happen to me..could it be I have a defective item?
Oh, a little note about "customer services". Some companies in USA have their customer service headquaters in countries like India and other countries (that's why it is kind of hard to understand them). It saves these companies hundreds of dollars paying these employees a third or a quarter of what it would cost the same "customer service" in the USA. That's how many of these company make so much money...they save it all on the service!
skinny

Santa Monica, CA

#53 Sep 10, 2008
Solution to Shark Steam Mop not working because of hard water corrosion:
Empty out all the water and pour some white vinegar into it (enough to allow steam to be made) and let it go for at least a couple of minutes. Unplug and let cool. Then pour any remaining vinegar out and put distilled water back in for normal operation.(Don't leave vinegar in unit. It might do some other type of damage.)
Mine stopped producing steam and I did this and it immediately produced steam (after the normal 30 second wait).
Margaret Lee

Hattiesburg, MS

#54 Sep 17, 2008
I should have know better ordering this off a tv channel from Euro-Pro. Not QVC. I received my Shark steam mop yesterday and it should have come with six pads. Well none came with the mop. Also there were no instructions in the box. I've emailed Euro-Pro Operating LLC and told them, but after reading all this negativity about them, I don't think I will hear back. QVC would have been the only way to purchase from TV because they make everything good. Don't make the same mistake I did and order from the all most too good to be true. Can't get assistance.
Shark Victim

Philadelphia, PA

#55 Sep 18, 2008
I was looking at the Shark Steam Mop but, after reading the comments, I think not. I bought a Shark Transformer Vacuum abut a year ago, and two parts broke withing one week. When I called the company, I was told that I couldn't order replacement parts, but had to ship the entire unit back at my expense for repair. I went to the store where I bought it and replaced the pieces from the floor model. I felt like a crook, but the pieces were small and easily removable. These items should be available as after market items. Shark is missing out on a big opportunity for profits and good will. I'm going to look at the Bissel product next.
busylady

AOL

#56 Sep 19, 2008
Wide_Stance wrote:
with a name like "shark steam mop" you weren't the least bit leery that it might be a total piece of kwrap? But thanks for letting us know.
Actually, Shark brings to mind a pretty fierce creature - I would think it could tackle anything - and it DOES!
Ray

Shallotte, NC

#57 Sep 20, 2008
So, you broke it, they sent you a new one, and you are not crazy about their customer service, wow!!
Debbie

Decatur, IL

#58 Oct 3, 2008
Sherri wrote:
I have been looking for a Shark Steam Mop since Lauren's review. I can't find one anyplace. They are all sold out! Also, am interested in the Bissell one. I have LOTS OF CERAMIC flooring & I am tired of the traditional mopping of floors.
qvc has the shark steamer with extra pads for under $70. I can't decide between the shark or the bissel (hsn) which has 2 easy pays and free shipping right now.
Debbie

Decatur, IL

#59 Oct 3, 2008
qvc has the shark steamer with extra pads for under $70. I can't decide between the shark or the bissel (hsn) which has 2 easy pays and free shipping right now.
Debbie

Decatur, IL

#60 Oct 4, 2008
Courtney wrote:
I know that the question was asked a while ago but I wanted to add just in case....I saw the replacement pads for the shark at Target the other day, so I'm guessing that the places that are carrying the mops at starting to carry the pads. Also hsn.com (home shopping network) has the mops now at 68 dollars with 7 replacement pads. I've never ordered from hsn so I don't have any personal experience to speak of (good or bad) though.
qvc has the shark & hsn has the bissel. Shark is $68 with 7 pads, and Bissel is free S&H and 2 flex pays. I don't want a wet floor,my friend bought the h2o and hates it, I can't decide between the bissel or shark?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 17 hr Fax is Fax 2,972
White people are selective racist. 18 hr Jester 3
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) 20 hr AEJOTZ 50
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... 23 hr Faith 7
News Woman hit while crossing 28th Street ID'ed (Jan '16) Tue Lena Gomez 33
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Jul 23 justheretohelp 617
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) Jul 22 Lena Gomez 194

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages