Shark Steam Mop

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

When it comes to mopping floors, there are a lot of options these days besides a mop and bucket.
Comments
21 - 40 of 184 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2014
Jerry Phelps

Middletown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Sherri wrote:
I have been looking for a Shark Steam Mop since Lauren's review. I can't find one anyplace. They are all sold out! Also, am interested in the Bissell one. I have LOTS OF CERAMIC flooring & I am tired of the traditional mopping of floors.
Sam's Club now has the Shark Steam Mop at $69.95 & it comes with 5 mop pads. Call before you visit as not all their stores have it in stock.
marce

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

I just purchased the Shark Steam Mop at Costco for $68.79 the cheapest price I have seen. I have used it twice. And yes it does leave streaks on my tile floor and the cord is to short. I'm going to give it a try alittle longer, I do like cleaning the floor with it. I like not having to use any chemicals. The streaks aren't to bad. I will keep using it for now. I wonder if the Bissel steam mop leaves streaks on tile floors?
Paul

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Does anyone know if the Shark Steam Mop works on stained concrete floors?
Cindy

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

just got the Shark steam mop.not impressed. did get up something but not everything. think it is cheapy made and will fall apart quickly. will be sending mine back. per the company at my expense
cindy
Michelle D

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

I have a Shark Steam Mop that I used only twice. It did not work for the floors I needed to clean, so I am looking to sell it to someone who is needing one, plus it comes with extra mop pads (2, I believe). If you are interested, please let me know. Thanks.
Courtney

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

I know that the question was asked a while ago but I wanted to add just in case....I saw the replacement pads for the shark at Target the other day, so I'm guessing that the places that are carrying the mops at starting to carry the pads. Also hsn.com (home shopping network) has the mops now at 68 dollars with 7 replacement pads. I've never ordered from hsn so I don't have any personal experience to speak of (good or bad) though.
Sherrie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

Judged:

I own a shark steam mop and the first couple of times it worked great, now hardly any steam comes out and the floors are not getting clean.

Any suggestions from a frustrated person?
GrammaEE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Shirley,
I just got my Shark Steam mop - but I can't get it to steam. When I plugged it in it made a steam sound after a few seconds - but then nothing.:( I did all the trouble shooting - but still nothing. It got warmer on the front side than the back side - but never got hot. It's Sunday so I can't call the company yet. Any ideas?
GrammaEE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

I just got my Shark Steam mop - but I can't get it to steam. When I plugged it in it made a steam sound after a few seconds - but then nothing.:( I did all the trouble shooting - but still nothing. It got warmer on the front side than the back side - but never got hot. It's Sunday so I can't call the company yet. Any ideas?
Kari

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2008

Costco sells the shark steam mop for 68.99 w/5 mop heads! 8-1-2008
Kari

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2008

COSTCO SELLS THE SHARK STEAM MOP W/5 MOP HEADS
FOR 68.99 8-1-2008
ramsey

Belleville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

I love the Shark Steam Mop. I too read a lot of bad reviews. But it really works! The steam mop cleaned and sanitized my kitchen and bathrooms. I even tested the kitchen floor after using the Shark, by scrubbing an area with a moist white paper towel. There was no grime or residue on the paper towel!
Gwen

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

I too love the work that the shark steam mop does, but I really worry about the handle. It really is not strong enough. I have a shark rechaging vacuum & had the same problem with a weak handle. I was fortunate to have a friend that had one that the brush roller warped & it was unusable so she gave it to me & we replace her handle onto mine. DON'T YOU THINK THAT THE SHARK CO. COULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS? OR AT LEAST MAKE A REPLACABLE HANDLE FOR FREE TO THOSE WHO HAVE PURCHASED ONE? i REALLY LIKE IT!
Chevy

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

If you would have asked me yesterday I would have told you I absolutly LOVE my steam mop! Well, I just used it and after about 2 mins of moping, the handle BROKE, and not in a place that can be fixed. It did a great job at cleaning my floors and did not streak my laminate flooring (which if I would do again I would have gotten ceramic tile), but now it is an expensive piece of trash! I have only had it about 2 months and just bought the extra pads and carpet glider...... we will have to see what happens.
helene

Audubon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

I just purchased the shark.Its okay,also bought the sprayer didnt work as well as i thought.
Tammy

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Hang in there - the streaks will eventually go away....the streaks are a combination of the steam coming into contact with any chemical you have used on the floor (Mr.Clean/Mop n Glo)...
I have been using a steam mop for about 5 years...I must recently purchased The Shark and for the money it is good quality.
Tammy

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

When you plug it in - you have to prime it 10 to 15 times to get the steam going.
Prime=hold the steamer by the handle and push the handle in (there is a shock absorber which works as a primer for the steam) 10 to 15 times....hope this helps you!
Tammy

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Paul wrote:
Does anyone know if the Shark Steam Mop works on stained concrete floors?
I wouldn't try it!!!!
Tammy

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Sherrie wrote:
I own a shark steam mop and the first couple of times it worked great, now hardly any steam comes out and the floors are not getting clean.
Any suggestions from a frustrated person?
When you plug it in - you have to prime it 10 to 15 times to get the steam going.
Prime=hold the steamer by the handle and push the handle in (there is a shock absorber which works as a primer for the steam) 10 to 15 times....hope this helps you!
Tammy

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

GrammaEE wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 2 hr Really 717
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 2 hr Torch14th 931
Grand Rapids Police Close The Books On An Unsol... 4 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) 4 hr mosey on downa hoedown 35
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 16 hr Arthur 78
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans Thu Oneal 4
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed SOS in Mesa 2,293
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••