Girl dies 2 weeks after swing set acc...

Girl dies 2 weeks after swing set accident

There are 67 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from May 9, 2008, titled Girl dies 2 weeks after swing set accident. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A 5-year-old girl has died from injuries she suffered in a swing set accident. Hannah Hower and a friend were playing on the swing set in the backyard of her parents' home in the 7200 block of Thorncrest Drive ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
tracy

Madison, WI

#1 May 9, 2008
I am so very sorry to hear about this.she was my sons teachers family member.and a friend of mine from work was one to respond to this horrible thing.my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
johnny sling

Amelia Court House, VA

#3 May 9, 2008
I've been following the story and was praying for the best.

This is profoundly sad.
Julie

Deerfield, IL

#4 May 9, 2008
My deepest sympathy goes out to the family and friends of Hannah. She will now be their little angel in heaven.
craftymom121164

Riverside, CA

#5 May 9, 2008
That poor family. I feal so bad for them.

Since: Mar 08

Grand Rapids

#6 May 9, 2008
My heart is just breaking for this family! My sympathy and prayers are going out to the family and friends.
fastedrose

Loveland, CO

#7 May 10, 2008
I too was profoundly mooved by this freak accident, I don't God wants. It tests all of our faiths when a young child succumbs. I do not blame the mother, it is a freak accident. I did say a little prayer into my head each day hoping my prayer would work. My prayer worked :}

I prayed for Mom, she needs all of you now.
Gail in Wyoming

Canton, MI

#8 May 10, 2008
This is so sad. This little girl put up a good fight, but lost the battle. I'm so sorry for her family. What a tragic loss.

Since: May 08

Hudsonville, MI

#9 May 10, 2008
So sad. I am so sorry for the families loss. God Bless.

Since: May 08

Stevensville, MI

#10 May 10, 2008
I am so sorry for this little angle, she tried so hard to stay with us down here, but God wanted her more. So now she will be watching over her family with other angels. Hopefully this sadness that this family is dealing with won't last forever, that they can accept their loss and move on. I know it will be very difficult for them, but some how they will need to let go. She is in good hands now, and her pain and struggling is now over. God be with this family and Hannah during this time of need and saddness.
Amy in Ada

Denver, CO

#11 May 10, 2008
Oh I am so sad for them. I can't imagine the heartbreak. Prayers to the family. I am so sorry for your loss.
another grandmother

Hudsonville, MI

#12 May 10, 2008
There's nothing anyone can say to ease your pain, but I hope it's of some comfort that others share the pain of your sweet little one's passing. May God wrap his arms around Hannah and all of you with love and peace.
grc

Plainwell, MI

#13 May 10, 2008
I'm so very sorry.
Lowell

Canton, MI

#14 May 10, 2008
It is so hard to understand why God would take such a precious gift. Whenever a child is lost the only way to explain it is that He needed her more. No words could possibly bring comfort to this family in despair but I hope they just see that even by saying a few words on here they know that our community is behind them and pushing for them every day. God Bless
Robert

Niles, MI

#15 May 10, 2008
this story is a sad story about a 5- year old girl.

Robert
jackie

United States

#16 May 10, 2008
i know it was a freak accident but i wish there was a better explination on how it happend so parents can be alerted, shocked she passed i thought she was going to be ok, prayers and thoughts are with the family...
Barb

AOL

#17 May 10, 2008
Although I do not know the family, I have been following this tragic story from the start. I understand the agony first-hand of losing a child in a tragic accident as I lost my 15 yr old son last Oct 17 to a car/bike accident. I am so sorry for their loss and for the pain that they must bear. As parents we wonder if we'll ever be"nomal" again following something of this nature. I have found that God remains faithful and wil carry you when you don't haveanything left of yourself to keep going onward. He has incredible love for all of us especially our children. Accidents like this don't happen simply to rob us of our precious jewels, even though we may feel that way. God sees the big picture and knows the end from the beginning. My prayers will be with the family, as they will continue to need them for a LONG time.
The Voice Of Reason

Madison, WI

#18 May 10, 2008
I'm sure the parents of this little girl will read these posts and I hope they feel God's comfort. I'm sure He will bring some good from such a tragedy. Sympathy to the family.
A Mother

United States

#19 May 10, 2008
May God bless this family with pleasant memories and peace in the years to come.

“michigan weather?!?”

Since: Apr 08

middleville mi

#20 May 10, 2008
my prayers go to the family
Joe

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 May 10, 2008
Poor precious people. I am so sorry for you. May the mercy and compassion of God enfold you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 2 hr WMNewsFan 3,025
Draft dodger Ted Nugent coming to gr. 9 hr DirtyWhiteBoy 2
Does Anyone miss Rval? (Nov '12) 13 hr Never 70
Rosa parks bad idea Sun Mandingo 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Sat a commenter 1,189
Warning: *****Mutt & Jeff Painting is a scam Sep 22 Mark 1
White women are the biggest hypocrites. Sep 14 Real Deal 4

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages