Comments
21 - 40 of 70 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 29, 2013
 
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
What specifically was done that was illegal? These are just links to general accusations.
The reason none of these people will ever be prosecuted if they did do anything illegal is because the Dems know their fingerprints on the legislation that allowed these banks to make these "fradulent loans". In fact Obama was the attorney that filed suit against the banks on behalf of acorn to force banks to make the loans that the banks now refer to as "toxic assets"
I'm not saying it was fair that these bankers made out with millions while the taxpayers were left with a bag of sh1t. I'm simply saying that it wasn't illegal and we should look at how the legislation failed, only a fool would think a lack of legislation caused the mess, when the facts point to legislation that caused the mess.
I thought SIB did not like Circumstantial Evidence....
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 29, 2013
 
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
What specifically was done that was illegal? These are just links to general accusations.
The reason none of these people will ever be prosecuted if they did do anything illegal is because the Dems know their fingerprints on the legislation that allowed these banks to make these "fradulent loans". In fact Obama was the attorney that filed suit against the banks on behalf of acorn to force banks to make the loans that the banks now refer to as "toxic assets"
I'm not saying it was fair that these bankers made out with millions while the taxpayers were left with a bag of sh1t. I'm simply saying that it wasn't illegal and we should look at how the legislation failed, only a fool would think a lack of legislation caused the mess, when the facts point to legislation that caused the mess.
So now "accusations" don't carry any weight but when it comes to voter fraud they do?

Like I said I had gotten into this in length a while back and I don't care to get into all that explanation again. And I did say those links were a primer. There are many "official" opinions bank fraud was committed. But until charges are actually filed that makes it iffy.

If you want to believe no charges were filed because the Democrat's finger prints are all over it, then that's the way it will be for you until/if you were to look into it further. But, one of the links was clear to point out this type of prosecution has to make sure it can be won because the length of time with legal stalls, etc. gets to be very expensive.

And no as often as it needs to be said the suit Obama was involved in was not about giving loans to just anyone that walked in the door. It was about not denying loans based on economic demographic....if you lived and/or had a business in the poor areas you were not allowed a loan. The banks used the misinterpretation to make toxic loans so they could be bundled and sold as investment vehicles.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 29, 2013
 
Once again, the progressives think that only the businesses are evil. Perhaps they could explain how they think this country will do when the businesses they think are evil are shut down and the owners thrown in jail and the keys thrown away? I know...the government will take care of everyone. Yeah, we see how that's working now, don't we?
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 29, 2013
 
Really wrote:
Once again, the progressives think that only the businesses are evil. Perhaps they could explain how they think this country will do when the businesses they think are evil are shut down and the owners thrown in jail and the keys thrown away? I know...the government will take care of everyone. Yeah, we see how that's working now, don't we?
Well keep out hope that I'll be convinced the corporatocracy is only out to save us all and make our lives nirvana.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 29, 2013
 
Really wrote:
Once again, the progressives think that only the businesses are evil. Perhaps they could explain how they think this country will do when the businesses they think are evil are shut down and the owners thrown in jail and the keys thrown away? I know...the government will take care of everyone. Yeah, we see how that's working now, don't we?
Stalin did the same thing......
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 29, 2013
 
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Stalin did the same thing......
Lets see...Stalin was a Communist, Mussolini a Fascist and Hitler a Fascist. All started out WWII on the same side. You might want to check the definition of Fascist.

I really can't believe I have to or even am bothering to repeatedly point that out to you.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 29, 2013
 
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see...Stalin was a Communist, Mussolini a Fascist and Hitler a Fascist. All started out WWII on the same side. You might want to check the definition of Fascist.
I really can't believe I have to or even am bothering to repeatedly point that out to you.
What we are dealing with today is a hybrid of all the above...... They are picking strategies that worked in history..... They think they can beat history.......
Chip

Hortonville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 29, 2013
 
4339
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
So now "accusations" don't carry any weight but when it comes to voter fraud they do?
Like I said I had gotten into this in length a while back and I don't care to get into all that explanation again. And I did say those links were a primer. There are many "official" opinions bank fraud was committed. But until charges are actually filed that makes it iffy.
If you want to believe no charges were filed because the Democrat's finger prints are all over it, then that's the way it will be for you until/if you were to look into it further. But, one of the links was clear to point out this type of prosecution has to make sure it can be won because the length of time with legal stalls, etc. gets to be very expensive.
And no as often as it needs to be said the suit Obama was involved in was not about giving loans to just anyone that walked in the door. It was about not denying loans based on economic demographic....if you lived and/or had a business in the poor areas you were not allowed a loan. The banks used the misinterpretation to make toxic loans so they could be bundled and sold as investment vehicles.
An accusation would be "Obama Commits Voter Fraud" or "The CEO's committed a crime" I provided facts and figures to illustrate the point, you have not.
The fact that you don't want to get into it by just saying this is what they did and this is the law, just proves you don't have a clue. If it takes that much effort it must be a lot of stretching the imagination to come to your conclusion.
Obama's lawsuit contained 186 clients. Today As few as 19 of those 186 clients still own homes with clean credit ratings, and yet you think forcing banks to make these types loans had nothing to do with their failure.
http://businessinsider.floost.com/Miscellaneo...
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jan 29, 2013
 
Chip wrote:
4339<quoted text>
An accusation would be "Obama Commits Voter Fraud" or "The CEO's committed a crime" I provided facts and figures to illustrate the point, you have not.
The fact that you don't want to get into it by just saying this is what they did and this is the law, just proves you don't have a clue. If it takes that much effort it must be a lot of stretching the imagination to come to your conclusion.
Obama's lawsuit contained 186 clients. Today As few as 19 of those 186 clients still own homes with clean credit ratings, and yet you think forcing banks to make these types loans had nothing to do with their failure.
http://businessinsider.floost.com/Miscellaneo...
Yes the lending regulations being relaxed was a cause but it's NOT as simple as that.
Here's the in-depth cause. And it was the banking system "taking advantage" of the relaxed regulations when there was NO LAW REQUIRING them to go to the extent they did.
http://www.uvu.edu/woodbury/jbi/volume8/journ...

http://www.planetizen.com/node/41867

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1234143102805...
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 29, 2013
 
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the lending regulations being relaxed was a cause but it's NOT as simple as that.
Here's the in-depth cause. And it was the banking system "taking advantage" of the relaxed regulations when there was NO LAW REQUIRING them to go to the extent they did.
http://www.uvu.edu/woodbury/jbi/volume8/journ...
http://www.planetizen.com/node/41867
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1234143102805...
The CRA set the bankers up for the collapse over a long period of time. Progressives like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd facilitated unqualified people to get loans...... Banks had no choice by being regulated banking committees.......
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 29, 2013
 
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>The CRA set the bankers up for the collapse over a long period of time. Progressives like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd facilitated unqualified people to get loans...... Banks had no choice by being regulated banking committees.......
Believe what you need to... We'll all be waiting for the corporatocracy to save us all and lead us to nirvana.
Chip

Hortonville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jan 29, 2013
 
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the lending regulations being relaxed was a cause but it's NOT as simple as that.
Here's the in-depth cause. And it was the banking system "taking advantage" of the relaxed regulations when there was NO LAW REQUIRING them to go to the extent they did.
http://www.uvu.edu/woodbury/jbi/volume8/journ...
http://www.planetizen.com/node/41867
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1234143102805...
Where in the articles linked do you draw your conclusion. All of them point to a variety of reasons for the financial crisis, No smoking gun anywhere to be found. Your taking a few little pieces of a broad picture from these articles and stretching your imagination beyond any reason to draw a conclusion. One could easy read these articles and come to the conclusion that the people borrowing for things they couldn't afford caused the problem, coincidently they were allowed to because of Clinton and the subprime mortgages. However that would be to much of a blatantly obvious conclusion.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 29, 2013
 
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the articles linked do you draw your conclusion. All of them point to a variety of reasons for the financial crisis, No smoking gun anywhere to be found. Your taking a few little pieces of a broad picture from these articles and stretching your imagination beyond any reason to draw a conclusion. One could easy read these articles and come to the conclusion that the people borrowing for things they couldn't afford caused the problem, coincidently they were allowed to because of Clinton and the subprime mortgages. However that would be to much of a blatantly obvious conclusion.
It really does get tiring having to remind the one that made the point of what the point was.
"In fact Obama was the attorney that filed suit against the banks on behalf of acorn to force banks to make the loans that the banks now refer to as "toxic assets"

Saying the regulations made it easier to make fraudulent loans forced the banks to make them is like saying the woman wearing sexy clothing forced the man to rape her. Like saying because someone left the money out on the counter forced the other to steal it. Like leaving the keys in the car forced the thief to steal it. Like leaving the front door unlocked forced the burglar to steal everything. Seriously? Are you really that devoid of the line between right and wrong?

There were more than one cause for the financial meltdown. It wasn't because Obama was one of the attorneys that sued to end the red-lining.

If anything this only goes to prove we need more regulations. In England, and as I remember Canada, took over the banks that did it there and then sold the assets to other financial concerns that signed papers not to repeat anything like that.

Oh, and it wasn't the banks that referred to those loans as toxic assets. It was the regulators and other honest economic experts. The banks are still doing it. Bundling of those "toxic loans" and selling them off as investments is still legal.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jan 30, 2013
 
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Well keep out hope that I'll be convinced the corporatocracy is only out to save us all and make our lives nirvana.
Never said or implied any such thing. Unlike you, however, I don't think government regulating us into bankruptcy is the answer either and I don't happen to think government needs to make things "fair" for everyone. I believe that if you work hard enough, you will make your way in life. I don't believe that anyone should have to pay for someone who chooses not to work. I do believe we have to help those who cannot help themselves, and I do. I do it because it's the right thing to do, not because you or some other elitist tells me I have to. Oh yeah, and I have never believed in the "do as I say, not as I do" world of the progressives.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jan 30, 2013
 
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
It really does get tiring having to remind the one that made the point of what the point was.
"In fact Obama was the attorney that filed suit against the banks on behalf of acorn to force banks to make the loans that the banks now refer to as "toxic assets"
Saying the regulations made it easier to make fraudulent loans forced the banks to make them is like saying the woman wearing sexy clothing forced the man to rape her. Like saying because someone left the money out on the counter forced the other to steal it. Like leaving the keys in the car forced the thief to steal it. Like leaving the front door unlocked forced the burglar to steal everything. Seriously? Are you really that devoid of the line between right and wrong?
There were more than one cause for the financial meltdown. It wasn't because Obama was one of the attorneys that sued to end the red-lining.
If anything this only goes to prove we need more regulations. In England, and as I remember Canada, took over the banks that did it there and then sold the assets to other financial concerns that signed papers not to repeat anything like that.
Oh, and it wasn't the banks that referred to those loans as toxic assets. It was the regulators and other honest economic experts. The banks are still doing it. Bundling of those "toxic loans" and selling them off as investments is still legal.
Yes it is, and in 4 years, Obama and the Dems have not changed it. Perhaps you should point one of those other 4 fingers at them as well as the banks and anyone BUT them?
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 30, 2013
 
Bob wrote:
And once again, the gaggle of ultra conservative flakes deny the facts of the story and resort to the fine art of deflection to a litany of unproven atrociies they say the other side is guilty of.
They don't or won't offer any real proof to any of these supposed crimes, but simply rely upon the one fact they do know.......
FAUX News says there's a black man in their white house!
Odd how you seem to be the only one concerned with Obama's skin color, Boob. Why is that? Racist much?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jan 30, 2013
 
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Odd how you seem to be the only one concerned with Obama's skin color, Boob. Why is that? Racist much?
And you seem to be one of the few that constantly refers to boobs.......

Is it because you lack those?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Chelsea, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jan 30, 2013
 
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
And you seem to be one of the few that constantly refers to boobs.......
Is it because you lack those?
Bobbie, boob is your call sign.... Must be tough to be a racist bigot..... Hope you haven't bred any other mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, bigots......
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jan 30, 2013
 
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Never said or implied any such thing. Unlike you, however, I don't think government regulating us into bankruptcy is the answer either and I don't happen to think government needs to make things "fair" for everyone. I believe that if you work hard enough, you will make your way in life. I don't believe that anyone should have to pay for someone who chooses not to work. I do believe we have to help those who cannot help themselves, and I do. I do it because it's the right thing to do, not because you or some other elitist tells me I have to. Oh yeah, and I have never believed in the "do as I say, not as I do" world of the progressives.
And just who are you going to rely on to inform you who is refusing to work. We have SO MANY charity organizations and churches in this country that if they could handle the load we would not have this problem to be arguing about.

And I don't disagree with your "belief" in if you work hard enough you will make your way in this life. I just know that's not as much a reality as so many would like to believe it is. Tell it to all those people who worked hard all their lives and saved and invested because they knew they wouldn't be able to, or for that matter didn't want to work until the grave, were ready to retire and because of others lost it all right at the time they were planning on reaping the fruits of their life of working. But then that too was their fault because they just didn't do that right either now isn't it. It's a nice Polly Anna theory though. There are far more who have worked harder and not made it than those who have worked hard and have made it.

Believe it or not the economy is not in your hands. And believe it or not the economy is not in the hands of the government. It's in the hands of the wealthiest and most powerful. And the most powerful are not in Washington.

And if you don't believe life is fair or even is supposed to be fair, what's your beef with others tying to tip the scale to their advantage away from you? What's your gripe with the government taxing you on the money you earned? I mean life isn't fair, is it. Just accept it trudge on.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jan 30, 2013
 
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is, and in 4 years, Obama and the Dems have not changed it. Perhaps you should point one of those other 4 fingers at them as well as the banks and anyone BUT them?
Haven't changed it? Amazingly and against all the obstructionism from the right more has changed than your self limiting exposure to information has shown you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
go blue goes black 15 min Oneal 7
New Year's Rapist Takes Plea Deal 8 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 6
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 9 hr Wellthereugoagain 80
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 18 hr Guru 806
Fifth Third Bank loses $202 million (Jul '08) 20 hr mat 217
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed Red Wood 2,294
What about the Malaysian jetliner? Tue Gville Jim 56
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••