(YES!) GOP majority in House will pus...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

#61 Nov 26, 2010
Nightster wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying the vast majority of Hispanics support breaking the law.
Keep spouting this kind of arrogantly racist opinion, liberals, and we'll see what philosophy the Hispanic population support.
That's YOUR interpretation, dude, not what I'm saying. Could be the Hispanics are just following Catholic Social Justice teachings which say that people have the human right to migrate to another country in search of the things necessary to sustain their lives like shelter, food, clothing etc. If those basic human needs are not being met in their home country they have the right to come to a neighboring country in search of those things.

And, I find your calling my comment "arrogantly racist" is a huge laugh. What's racist about pointing out that the Hispanics are the fastest growing racial group in this country, a fact that may come back to bite the Republicans in the butt in future elections if they view the Republicans as being anti-Hispanic?

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#62 Nov 26, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> Why? The banks have survived, even paid back the taxpayers, and GM is turning a profit.....
Mission accomplished, right Blue? Glad to see the USA is back on track.(super sarcasm).
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#63 Nov 26, 2010
Unemployment claims are down...now, where's the love?....

“Everybody gets one (L)”

Since: Apr 09

Traverse City, MI

#64 Nov 26, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> Why? The banks have survived, even paid back the taxpayers, and GM is turning a profit.....
you mean turning a profit to pay back the 2nd loan... you know.. the 2nd loan they got to cover the 1st so they could say they paid the money back?

i'll have to find that link...
Nightster

Pueblo, CO

#65 Nov 26, 2010
Mark Luxford wrote:
<quoted text>
That's YOUR interpretation, dude, not what I'm saying. Could be the Hispanics are just following Catholic Social Justice teachings which say that people have the human right to migrate to another country in search of the things necessary to sustain their lives like shelter, food, clothing etc. If those basic human needs are not being met in their home country they have the right to come to a neighboring country in search of those things.
And, I find your calling my comment "arrogantly racist" is a huge laugh. What's racist about pointing out that the Hispanics are the fastest growing racial group in this country, a fact that may come back to bite the Republicans in the butt in future elections if they view the Republicans as being anti-Hispanic?
What it is is your claims of how a large group of people feel and why they feel that way. If someone here proclaimed the majority of black people support drug dealing because that's the way they were raised it would be loudly condemned as racism ... and rightly so.
Yet you feel your liberalism grants you the ability to make sweeping generalizations regarding the majority of Hispanics in claiming they support illegal entrance across our borders, possibly because of religious philosophies. There's no difference between the two. Racism is racism regardless of what side of the fence you stand, dude.
Nightster

Pueblo, CO

#66 Nov 26, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
Might have happened sooner if the government had let the free market stabilize itself. There's no proof that Bush and Obama's bailouts helped. Regardless, we're a long way from turning the corner and if you think more government intervention is the answer you haven't been paying attention.

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#67 Nov 26, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
You think maybe their unemployment ran out?Besides you got to have a job to get laid off and file a claim. Geez Blue where to you come up with this nonsense?
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#68 Nov 26, 2010
I just refuse to be terminally pessimistic, i don't wear it as well as many of you......it took a long time to get us in all this trouble, and it will take years to get us out.....happier now?
Sassy

Jackson, MI

#69 Nov 26, 2010
Uh huh, and six years into those 10 year tax breaks that the republicans granted/2 wars, etc, etc, all happened before the dems took over, things just happened to catch up.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>and caused the problem in the first place as they were in control of congress for the last two years of the Bush term and what happened to the deficit then?
By dems...no more super majority for you....way to stay in denial and keep peloser and reid as your leaders.
Sandy

United States

#70 Nov 26, 2010
Sassy wrote:
Uh huh, and six years into those 10 year tax breaks that the republicans granted/2 wars, etc, etc, all happened before the dems took over, things just happened to catch up.
<quoted text>
The 10 year tax breaks??? Soooooo, you didn't get a tax break???? Must STBY.
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

#71 Nov 27, 2010
Nightster wrote:
<quoted text>
What it is is your claims of how a large group of people feel and why they feel that way. If someone here proclaimed the majority of black people support drug dealing because that's the way they were raised it would be loudly condemned as racism ... and rightly so.
Yet you feel your liberalism grants you the ability to make sweeping generalizations regarding the majority of Hispanics in claiming they support illegal entrance across our borders, possibly because of religious philosophies. There's no difference between the two. Racism is racism regardless of what side of the fence you stand, dude.
Whatever....keep those blinders on if it makes you happy. What I stated was a political fact of life. If a political party does something to anger a significant block of voters, they'll pay a price at the ballot box. Stating a political reality is not racism. When I brought up the social justice issue, I just mentioned another possible reason for their support. Again, that's not racism...just bringing up a possibility.
Nightster

Pueblo, CO

#72 Nov 27, 2010
Mark Luxford wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever....keep those blinders on if it makes you happy. What I stated was a political fact of life. If a political party does something to anger a significant block of voters, they'll pay a price at the ballot box. Stating a political reality is not racism. When I brought up the social justice issue, I just mentioned another possible reason for their support. Again, that's not racism...just bringing up a possibility.
Isn't it interesting to hear a liberal back on his heels when the race card is slapped in his face?
Suddenly we float out pleasant-sounding terms like "political realities", "facts of life" and "possibilities".

Of course the conservative view of political reality is merely deemed, how did Jeneane Garofallo describe it? Oh yes, "Racism, straight up" :)

Hypocrisy ... nailed it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 13 hr WMNewsFan 3,122
Woman charged with raping dog Dec 5 Oracle 1
Quote of the Day (Feb '08) Nov 29 Kelly Joanne Cannon 485
News 'Okay to be White' signs popping up in Grand Haven Nov 27 Sad Bastard 4
boycott alabama now (Dec '08) Nov 26 Sattva Virginius 291
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Nov 26 Coachman47 1,192
News Holland's Hispanic population growing (May '08) Nov 21 District 1 400

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages