Teen Shot and Killed In Southeast G.R.

Teen Shot and Killed In Southeast G.R.

There are 14 comments on the WTKG-AM Grand Rapids story from Sep 26, 2008, titled Teen Shot and Killed In Southeast G.R.. In it, WTKG-AM Grand Rapids reports that:

Family members have released the name of the teenager who was shot to death on Grand Rapids southeast side Friday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKG-AM Grand Rapids.

MizzieFiz mich

Dover, MA

#1 Sep 26, 2008
The young man's family are in my prayers.
outraged

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Sep 27, 2008
This kind of thing needs to stop! There are families with children in this neighborhood...I'm so sick of living so close to the inner city where all this crime and violence is happending. My thoughts go out to the family of this young man. First the deadly shooting at the gas station in Boston Square, and now this! Those shooters are such cowards. Back in day, if someone had some beef with another, they'd usually have a fist fight, now we have cowards drving by shooting one another....this madness has got to stop! But how? What a terrible tragedy.

“I LOVE MY KIDS AND MY MOMMY”

Since: Mar 08

Kentwood

#3 Sep 27, 2008
ok-again the news leaves out the facts-for what? this boy was a member of bemis ave gang and missed school friday to go to ottawa to watch two girls fight-he was shot by a rival gang member from east ave for being in their territory. they say he wasnt the target but he was shot 5 times...a drive by that hits 1 person 5 times? but no one else? those boys knew the risks and what the were doing! it is terrible and unspeakable tragedy but give us the WHOLE story!!! the shooter was picked up yesterday-yet he doesnt show as arrested though in custoday- the shooter is around 19-20 named kyle...goes by grandpa in his gang- so tell us the whole story! another gang shooting in grand rapids and a 16 year old is dead and retaliation is coming-we all know it! i want to keep my kids at home!

Since: Jul 08

Mulberry, FL

#4 Sep 27, 2008
Regardless, gang or not, crime is up everywhere. I'm tired of the senseless murders amoungst our young to old. People are turning blind eyes out of fear. Believe me, I don't blame anyone for doing so. I just wish people would quit with judgement and start reporting all unusual activity/behavior. This is just a start.... This definately will not cure the problem.
CKANE

Kannapolis, NC

#5 Sep 27, 2008
I would first like to say that my heart goes out to the family of David. It also goes out to the family of the person who committed the crime. Both families are losing loved ones because of this event. Two mothers will be without sons. The recent event, while tragic, was in part due to a series of events that have been ongoing within the Grand Rapids community and all over the country for that matter:::Unwarranted Gang Violence! So before judgement is passed, please everyone get your facts straight. The lives of the loved ones of the person who committed the crime are now in danger, acts of retaliation have already been threatened. So I ask that everyone keep both families in their prayers.
Jim B

Loveland, CO

#6 Sep 27, 2008
Kids should know that they will eventually lose their lives if they try to live the gang lifestyle. It is sad but expected.
Sky

Denver, CO

#7 Sep 28, 2008
smith113004 wrote:
ok-again the news leaves out the facts-for what? this boy was a member of bemis ave gang and missed school friday to go to ottawa to watch two girls fight-he was shot by a rival gang member from east ave for being in their territory. they say he wasnt the target but he was shot 5 times...a drive by that hits 1 person 5 times? but no one else? those boys knew the risks and what the were doing! it is terrible and unspeakable tragedy but give us the WHOLE story!!! the shooter was picked up yesterday-yet he doesnt show as arrested though in custoday- the shooter is around 19-20 named kyle...goes by grandpa in his gang- so tell us the whole story! another gang shooting in grand rapids and a 16 year old is dead and retaliation is coming-we all know it! i want to keep my kids at home!
You want a story here is a story for you, You the GRPD, and the media should stop glorifying every killing like this by labeling it "GANG RELATED" and start calling it what it is a homicide. The more you hype up this gang idea the more you empower people that do these things and the more prevalent this type of killing becomes. A couple of years back this very thing was discussed in the Grand rapids press with our then new Police Chief, who's idea it was to disarm the so called gangs by exposing them. We are now reaping the backlash of that stupid idea. You don't disarm an enemy by glorifying him, you disarm him by taking away his power.
hot gurl key

United States

#8 Oct 1, 2008
4 1 while you bumpin yo gums he was a colse friend of mine and he was only shot one time you stupid dum muthafuckin and he wasnt with bemis he was jus friends with them so u get yo fact str8 first bitch
Illiniev1

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Oct 1, 2008
The kid lost his life over nothing.
Being from Chicago,the only problem
Grand Rapids has is these fatherless
young men.

When you go to the west side of Chicago
where Im from,you dont see caucasians
walking down the street at 3 or 4 in the
morning like on Franklin and Eastern or
Division.
They would never be found again.
Anybody who is from Chicago's Westside or
Southside and lives in the hood knows this.

I cant possibly see Grand Rapids having a
"gang problem", It is to conservative for
that.

RIP Young Homie May God bless your family.
pppp

Jenison, MI

#10 Oct 1, 2008
rip fallin soliders
CECE

Jenison, MI

#11 Oct 1, 2008
hot gurl key wrote:
4 1 while you bumpin yo gums he was a colse friend of mine and he was only shot one time you stupid dum muthafuckin and he wasnt with bemis he was jus friends with them so u get yo fact str8 first bitch
I know thats right "Key: tell'em cause they dont know shit...they just going by what they heard...Why they talking they probably dont even know Day-Day...And speaking on him... R.I.P DAVID W. YOU WILL BE MISSED AND ALWAYS LOVED!!!-CECE

Since: May 08

Deerfield, IL

#12 Oct 1, 2008
My thoughts and prayers to the family of this young man. It is so hard to loose some you love, esp. someone so young and full of life yet.
JAS AKA LIL MAMA

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Oct 2, 2008
IM SORRY THAT THIS EVEN HAPPENED HE DIDNT DESERVE THIS HE WAS A GOOD KID I LOVE AND MISS U DAY DAY UR FOR EVER IN MA HEART AND YOUR FAMILY IS IN MA PRAYERS
day-daybemis

Denver, CO

#14 Jan 23, 2009
bro we miss u and wont 4 get u this from me mr k.losce a bemis boy bro u was the realist from b.o.h and more we is sorry and rick kid better really be sorry and east ave fuck all of them day-day we will do it all 4 real love u

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
are the protesters going to jump 13 hr Oneal 52
Local News Women (Apr '09) Fri localnewsfan 2,840
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Fri Dena 1,161
News Caught on tape: man beats dogs (Mar '08) Fri Go Blue Forever 156
Poll Any parents of children in jail forum (Jul '09) Feb 20 Carter 58
Art Van Scam (Oct '08) Feb 18 MUman 50
Texas Girl With a Great Plan (Sep '12) Feb 15 Gaxtell 74

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance