Accident closes Fruit Ridge Avenue

Accident closes Fruit Ridge Avenue

There are 101 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 20, 2009, titled Accident closes Fruit Ridge Avenue. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

An accident between a farm combine and a car has closed down Fruit Ridge Avenue between 12 and 13 Mile Roads in northern Kent County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
PISSED

Allegan, MI

#1 Mar 20, 2009
Once again, people do NOT know how to drive

Need more info deadwood!!!!!
hmmmm

Allegan, MI

#2 Mar 20, 2009
PISSED wrote:
Once again, people do NOT know how to drive
Need more info deadwood!!!!!
It was a truck that hit farm equipment, there is your more info...hope you sleep better tonight.

“Really? I mean, REAAALLLYY???”

Since: Nov 08

Beaverton, MI

#3 Mar 20, 2009
Farm equipment has no business being on public roads. As someone who drove the entire length of Fruit Ridge twice a day for over a year, I couldn't begin to count the number of times I've come over the top of a hill at 55MPH only to have to slam on my brakes to avoid some tractor going 5 MPH.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Car Guy

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Mar 20, 2009
Hanging CHAD wrote:
Farm equipment has no business being on public roads. As someone who drove the entire length of Fruit Ridge twice a day for over a year, I couldn't begin to count the number of times I've come over the top of a hill at 55MPH only to have to slam on my brakes to avoid some tractor going 5 MPH.
Where do you think Fruit Ridge got it's name, your driving in a Farmland area, you will have Farm equip. present, don't like it stay in the City
ohman

Lapeer, MI

#5 Mar 20, 2009
that'll teach him. Dork. Everybody in such a hurry nowadays they can't even make sure they can see first.

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Since: Nov 07

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

#6 Mar 20, 2009
Hanging CHAD wrote:
Agreed Car Guy. Agriculture is Michigan's second largest economic sector and the ONLY one that grew last year. I know it stinks and all, but try to be a bit more appreciative. And if you know the road you're driving on generally has tractors running up and down it, drive a bit more cautious.
farmers wife

Bellaire, MI

#7 Mar 20, 2009
This is an ignorant statement. Farmers have to get on the roads to get to their fields. Next time you sit down to a meal think about where your food came from. Most likely a farmer had something to do with it. Last I checked Meat, vegtables and potatoes do not fall out of the sky. So we all you try to be more patient with the slower moving equipment. It is spring and time to work up the fields. You should thank your local farmer not curse them.

North of GR

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Mar 20, 2009
Hanging CHAD wrote:
I live in the Kent City area. I have encountered the same thing numerous times. They typically have little or no lights - in the middle of the road - and they are the cause of many accidents. Stay off the road!
kschum66

San Antonio, TX

#9 Mar 20, 2009
Hanging Chad
You're an idiot--twice a day--you shoundn't have
to slam on the brake's.Over 1 year --you should know
the area.
meee

Holland, MI

#10 Mar 20, 2009
Car Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you think Fruit Ridge got it's name, your driving in a Farmland area, you will have Farm equip. present, don't like it stay in the City
I agree totally! Obviously this person knows nothing about farming. Does he think that the crops just grow by themselves? How does he propose the farmers get to their fields? Maybe it's not the farmer's fault that people are always in too much of a hurry and have no regard for others using the same roads. What if it were a biker or a pedestrian? Thoughts and prayers are with both men involved!
jim

Holland, MI

#11 Mar 20, 2009
Listen to the song International Harvester. How do you want them to get to the fields...Oh how bout we build farm implement roads just for ractors...think of all the jobs...

Oh and what does public road mean?? Private road for you??

Hanging chad your an idiot.
neighbor

Fort Collins, CO

#12 Mar 20, 2009
Hanging CHAD wrote:
That's why city people have no business moving out to farm country. Or at least city people with your mentality. Here's a little education for you. Several of the area farmers have several plots of land that in order to get from place to place they do need to drive on the road. What would you suggest they do, drive through peoples yards? Your comment ranks right up there with city people complaining about the smell when they move in next to a barn filled with animals. Go back to the city where you belong!!
Hold yer horses

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Mar 20, 2009
One has to wonder, why, after encountering slow moving farm equipment, you weren't prepared for it the next time? If you drive a certain road and are aware that farmers, who may have few other options to move their equipment, may be driving slow moving equipment, then why don't drive defensively and be prepared? Sounds like the problem was with you, not the farmer.
Hanging CHAD wrote:
ann

Livonia, MI

#14 Mar 20, 2009
Get a clue people. You're in the middle of farmland and orchards. What do you expect these farmers to do? If you know they are on the road, drive safer. This moron didn't even bother scraping his windshield off. He's lucky he hit a tractor instead of another car with his foolishness.

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Since: Nov 07

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

#15 Mar 20, 2009
North of GR wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the Kent City area. I have encountered the same thing numerous times. They typically have little or no lights - in the middle of the road - and they are the cause of many accidents. Stay off the road!
Make sure you stop eating then. How on earth do you expect farmers to get anything done if they aren't allowed to travel on our roads?

I also highly doubt you've encountered several tractors driving down the middle of the road in the dark. Maybe Grand Rapids would be a better fit for you, as the Kent City economy tends to rely pretty heavily on agriculture.
sharon

Middleville, MI

#16 Mar 20, 2009
Most of those farmers were there before the roads were. Imagine that!
Thewayiseeit

Cadillac, MI

#17 Mar 20, 2009
Hanging CHAD wrote:
Wow, you are such an incredible moron. Stay off the Ridge, idiot!
Thewayiseeit

Cadillac, MI

#18 Mar 20, 2009
North of GR wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU stay off the road! Why don't you start an idiot drivers club, paint all of your cars with pink stripes so the rest of us know who to "wave" to.
SingleVote

Lansing, MI

#19 Mar 20, 2009
The next time a city driver gets upset by the traffic hold up caused by farm equipment on FRUIT RIDGE, I would like to suggest an alternative route that the state built that runs parallel to Fruit Ridge called M-37. M-37 gets you to Grand Rapids and back just as well as any of the north/south roads on the ridge.

“Really? I mean, REAAALLLYY???”

Since: Nov 08

Beaverton, MI

#20 Mar 20, 2009
Wow! It was just a freakin' opinion. Thanks for all the personal attacks. I would have preferred to take a different road, but there was no quicker route from White Cloud to Grandville, where I was working at the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Days of Yore 1 hr Joe Schlitzpack 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 2 hr Irememberwhen 1,080
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) 2 hr Sharon Sharealike 12
Local News Women (Apr '09) 2 hr American Dairyman 2,671
Why Trump is running for prez 16 hr Gville Jim 6
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... Mon DR X 29
Politics aside, I'm sick of Beyonce Jul 22 Idea Maker 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages