Local singer denied 'Idol' top 12 spot

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A West Michigan singer will not get a spot in the top 12 for 'American Idol.' "After the vote, I'm sorry it's not going to be you tonight," Host Ryan Seacrest told Texas Township's Matt Giraud.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Feb 27, 2009

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids, Michigan

#1 Feb 26, 2009
Well better luck next time.
Idol

Auburn Hills, MI

#2 Feb 26, 2009
Oh well. He got his 10 minutes of fame.

“Trouble here in River City”

Since: Nov 08

West Michigan

#3 Feb 26, 2009
I liked Matt, but song choice bit him.:(

Good job, Matt!:)
GR Joe

Byron Center, MI

#4 Feb 26, 2009
Try, Try, Try again!
Matt's remarks are "Good sportmenship".

Go for it again, if you can!
jenn

Kalamazoo, MI

#5 Feb 26, 2009
Can't wait to see him back at the Piano. He's really amazing. He'll do just fine for himself.
I HATE Obama and dems

Saranac, MI

#6 Feb 26, 2009
Car companies
Detroit Lions
and now Michigan can't friggen sing

yeeehaw.
Jerry

Caledonia, MI

#7 Feb 27, 2009
That is a shame. He sounded so good when he was singing and playing the piano. I watched this last song and I have to agree with the judges, it really wasn't that good. I wonder how he decided to sing that song instead of a song that would have done him justice.
Mary

Kalamazoo, MI

#8 Feb 27, 2009
Don't forget everyone that he could be picked next week for a wild card and have another changes in two weeks to sign again.. So keep watching for a local star..
Odies mom

United States

#9 Feb 27, 2009
I was pulling for him, but he didn't do that great on performance night. Hoping for wild card!!!
Ted Nugent

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Feb 27, 2009
Thank goodness. I was ashamed for our area every time they showed that stupid, toddler-like dance and making stupid faces at the camera.

Funs over. Now go and get a real job.
HEY

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Feb 27, 2009
I like pizza.
So What

Macomb, MI

#12 Feb 27, 2009
Eggs here!
Tom

AOL

#13 Feb 27, 2009
Don't worry, Matt will probably be called back as one of the 3 finalists they pick in a few weeks out of the batch that got let go. Probably be him and Nick (Norman) that get called back.
Kalamazoo Fan

Kalamazoo, MI

#14 Feb 27, 2009
Ted Nugent wrote:
Thank goodness. I was ashamed for our area every time they showed that stupid, toddler-like dance and making stupid faces at the camera.
Funs over. Now go and get a real job.
I don't think you know, but this is what he does for a living and he DOES IT VERY WELL. He had a bad song to sing and he even said it on the show last night that he pick the wrong song. Why don't you give him credit for having the guts to do it and stop being a jerk.
PS I bet he will be picked for a wild card and be back.

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#15 Feb 27, 2009
Not a big "Idol" fan, but he's a good, talented kid and the national exposure can't hurt his chances of picking up a recording contract. I'm proud to have some great people come out of Kalamazoo and do great things.
So What

Macomb, MI

#16 Feb 27, 2009
Sam the Sham here, Esquire. Was this man denied a god given right? I think I smell a law suit. I need a new suit. There goes an ambulance, gotta go!
JoyB

Allendale, MI

#17 Feb 27, 2009
Well, Matt did have a recording contract at one time with R2D2 records. He also had 2 previous releases on this music label which you could purchase on itunes as of last week, but I see now that it's all been pulled. hmmmm!! If he doesn't get picked as a wildcard he'll just have to keep plugging on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 10 hr kookierecluse 11
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 10 hr kookierecluse 936
Meet The Press 13 hr Go Blue Forever 3
why war with isis? Fri Colonel Sanders 15
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) Fri Colonel Sanders 9
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... Aug 28 Phil 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Aug 28 Buffalo Bull 1,326
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info