Kickboxer turns Santa for students

Kickboxer turns Santa for students

There are 192 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Dec 16, 2008, titled Kickboxer turns Santa for students. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

It will be a better holiday for some students at Stocking Elementary and their families after Santa's special helpers made a school delivery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

Chad

Pullman, MI

#42 Jan 16, 2009
what h e l l is this stupid post about? bunch of morons yapping what?? Headlines states somebody being a Santa and Christmas was nearly a month ago.
Mad Dogs biggest fan

Holland, MI

#43 Jan 16, 2009
I understand that people have opinions. I know Dino and yes in the past he has made mistakes but the difference is none of you have your mistakes thrown in your face 20 years later..for your children or grandchildren to read!! Dino has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know and if you really know him then you know that! He helps anyone he can and as far as children he would do anything to make sure that they have a smile on their face..whether it be Christmas, Halloween, Easter or just a normal day. If you don't care for him thats your opinion and you are entitled to that but take in to consideration that he has helped alot of people and I will always love him and give him the respect he deserves. He is still the champ who keeps giving back to the community. How much have any of you done for our schools or our single moms in need?? I know the oldest son pretty good as well and you have no idea what you are talking about. He is a great dad and works his ass off everyday for his family so lets not let our opinions involve his family..unless you want your son or daughters names in everyones mouth because of your mistakes..20 years ago!!
Alvin

Foley, AL

#44 Jan 16, 2009
Mad Dogs biggest fan wrote:
I understand that people have opinions. I know Dino and yes in the past he has made mistakes but the difference is none of you have your mistakes thrown in your face 20 years later..for your children or grandchildren to read!! Dino has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know and if you really know him then you know that! He helps anyone he can and as far as children he would do anything to make sure that they have a smile on their face..whether it be Christmas, Halloween, Easter or just a normal day. If you don't care for him thats your opinion and you are entitled to that but take in to consideration that he has helped alot of people and I will always love him and give him the respect he deserves. He is still the champ who keeps giving back to the community. How much have any of you done for our schools or our single moms in need?? I know the oldest son pretty good as well and you have no idea what you are talking about. He is a great dad and works his **** off everyday for his family so lets not let our opinions involve his family..unless you want your son or daughters names in everyones mouth because of your mistakes..20 years ago!!
The son is the one that wrote in and if Dino truly just wanted to help people and avoid people voicing their opinions he could have just done his Santa thing and said no to the GR Press, he put himself out there and his family put themselves here.

Since: Jan 09

AOL

#45 Jan 16, 2009
LPN Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I hope none of you teach your kids this kind of hatred and lack of forgiveness. People do change. Our justice system is here for a reason. They judge and they punish. Dino has served his time. He is making a great impact on the lives of those less fortunate. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. How about this...."Let he who has no sin cast the first stone..."
Also...you all are hiding behind your computer screens saying all of this...I'd bet none of you would dare say this to Dino's face.
No, I wouldn't want to say this to Dino's face.
I wouldn't like getting beaten and urinating on.
Jerry M

Grand Rapids, MI

#46 Jan 16, 2009
Nofakers wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wouldn't want to say this to Dino's face.
I wouldn't like getting beaten and urinating on.
I don't think you would have to worry about that now. Dino is all washed up now. He had a promising kickboxing career two decades ago but threw it all away to be a thieving junkie. Decades of hard drugs and booze have deteriorated him and he's about 50 now anyway. He can't even hold a job. It won't be long before he'll be sitting on the sidewalk holding a tin cup asking for spare change.
THE OLDEST SON to MAD DOG

Grand Haven, MI

#47 Jan 16, 2009
THANK YOU FINALLY SOMEONE THAT SPEAKS SENSE
Chad wrote:
what h e l l is this stupid post about? bunch of morons yapping what?? Headlines states somebody being a Santa and Christmas was nearly a month ago.
mad dogs biggest fan

Holland, MI

#48 Jan 16, 2009
If you all are so dead set on him being this or that then let it be. His kids have nothing to do with it. As for the day you see him with a tin cup asking for money I will personally promise you will never see that day as much as it sounds like you would like to. Never will that happen. It's called family and while all you are bashing him he has more than likly gave your children, grandchildren, mothers or daughters help in their time of need. So if he wants to help the community he grew up in, and even in his best day never forgot about, help then who are you people to judge. He's a great person with a big family and an even bigger heart!! The funniest thing of all to me is when I see you people on the street and they know who I am all they have to say is "I know Dino..real good.. he's a good guy..hows he doing?" I've never heard any of this but then again I did say when I see you people not type to people! You all can say what you want the people who know Dino know that he helps the schools for no other reason then to help his community!! He's a hell of a guy and the people of Grand Rapids should be happy that someone in this evil world takes the time out to put a smile on a kids face!! Thats what good people do!
Carl Racki

Grand Rapids, MI

#49 Jan 16, 2009
Has Dino been toilet trained yet or does he still prefer to urinate on women?
JUST A GUY

Grand Haven, MI

#50 Jan 16, 2009
HE CANT HOLD A JOB HUH? HE STILL MAKES MORE THAN PROBABLY MOST OF YOU TRAINING PEOPLE THAT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE KNOWS IN THE MARTIAL ARTS FIELD. HES PROBABLY SEEN MORE OF THE WORLD THAN NE OF YOU COULD DREAM OF SO TAKE THAT INTO CONSIDERATION NEXT TIME YOU PEOPLE RUN YOUR MOUTHS ABOUT SOMEONE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW,BUT JUST HEARD OF AND READ ABOUT IN THE PAPERS.YES IM SURE HES GUILTY IN A LOT OF STUFF BUT ARE ALL OF YOU PERFECT? NONE OF YOU HAVE EVER SMOKED POT OR DID SOME KIND OF DRUG, OR DO ALL OF YOU JUST TAKE IT IN THE ASS AND THEN TALK BAD ABOUT GAY PEOPLE CAUSE YOU DONT WANT NE ONE TO KNOW THE TRUTH HUH? I KNOW IM STOOPIN TO ALL YOU GUYS LEVELS WHICH IS PRETTY LOW BUT I CANT HELP BUT STAND UP FOR A GUY THAT NOW, WOULD GIVES HIS RIGHT ARM TO MAKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD HAPPIER, EVEN YOU TWERPS THAT TALK BAD ABOUT HIM
Stihl

United States

#51 Jan 16, 2009
Is this the same guy that beats the crap out of women and then pis**es all over them? I'm glad my children don't attend that school district, and that they saw a great Santa during Christmas!
Ralph

AOL

#52 Jan 16, 2009
Jerry M wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you would have to worry about that now. Dino is all washed up now. He can't even hold a job. It won't be long before he'll be sitting on the sidewalk holding a tin cup asking for spare change.
Don't be too sure of yourself there chief. You don't know what he does, so I wouldn't assume anything.
Friend of Family

Waukegan, IL

#53 Jan 16, 2009
Dino Newville is a changed man. Every one of us has made choices we are not exactly proud of. I would like to say Billy Blew...your spelled the name wrong jerk, Alvin, stop talking about others and their families, clearly yours is nothing special or you would have something better to do with your time, Yooper, please tell me how you knew he was buying crack...?? You all a pathetic, worthless looser with nothing to do. GET A LIFE! Dino Newville is someone I know well. I am proud to say it!
Yooper

Grand Rapids, MI

#54 Jan 16, 2009
Friend of Family wrote:
Dino Newville is a changed man. Every one of us has made choices we are not exactly proud of. I would like to say Billy Blew...your spelled the name wrong jerk, Alvin, stop talking about others and their families, clearly yours is nothing special or you would have something better to do with your time, Yooper, please tell me how you knew he was buying crack...?? You all a pathetic, worthless looser with nothing to do. GET A LIFE! Dino Newville is someone I know well. I am proud to say it!
Why don't you go whine to the people he has stolen from or the families of the people he has urinated on and see how much sympathy you get.

What a real class act, urinates on women, steals, uses crack, and has a prison record to boot.

Birds of a feather flock together. Dino is a low life so what does that make you.
Friend of Family

Waukegan, IL

#55 Jan 16, 2009
what does it make you Yooper, nothing better to do with you life than talk about someone else. He must not have been too bad of a guy is Mr high and mighty yooper was giving money to him.

And me whine? You are the low life on some website, hiding behind a computer, complaining about an EX-CON doing good things, when in reality you are just jealous that your not big enough of a man to do something good for the community.
Friend of Family

Waukegan, IL

#56 Jan 16, 2009
yes he has made bad choices but `even given all of that when you see him in public i bed you smile to his face. ha...now that's a class act
Santa

Denver, CO

#57 Jan 16, 2009
GET A LIFE LOSERS wrote:
U [email protected] HAVE NO IDEA what the hell your talkin about so before someone pounds the hit out of u u should probly just shut the hell up no one stole a freakin oom box loser nicr try next story , ive heard them all so lets keep goin. yes he's done some bad things i should probly know he's my DAD so while all u losers r talkin about someones dad or brother or son look in the FUCKIN mirror GET A FUCKIN LIFE u guys ne one of u have something real to say to someones face u can find me in SPARTA 3:00 EVERYDAY ,MY SHOP IS BEHIND THE PUB , IAM THE OLDEST AND U DONT KNOW **** SO KEEP TALKIN. U PEOPLE HAVE NO FREAKIN LIFE ITS ACCTUALLY KINDA OF FUNNY , RIGHT AFER THE GETTIN PISSED PART ,BUT WHATEVER I GUESS WELL SEE WITCH ONES CUM THROUGH OR WITCH ONES JUST RUN THIER MOUTH BECAUSE THEY HEARD THAT DINOS A BAD GUY . MAYBE HE IS BUT WHO THE HELL R U TO JUDGE NE ONE. THERE IS ONE PERSON IN THIS WORLD THAT CAN JUDGE ,AND IM SURE IT ISNT NONE OF U BUMS SO. SO WHY DONT WE MOVE ON TO THE NEXT SUBJECT LIKE YOUR MOTHER, FATHER ,BROTHER ,SON, DAUGHTER , WHICH EVER U PREFERR I GUESS BUT U WONT HEAR TALKIN ABOUT NONE OF THEM CAUSE IM NOT IN FUCKIN HIGH SCHOOL NO MORE LIKE YOU ALL STILL R TRYING TO BE. ARE YOU ALL MAD CAUSE HE WAS FARTHER IN LIFE THAN YOU WILL EVER BE OR EVER COULD DREAM OF OR ARE U JUST MAD THAT YOU COULD NEVER SAY THIS **** TO HIM NOR ME WITH PAYIN SEVERLY AND JUST SIT THERE BEHIND A STUPD COMPUTER SCREEN TALKIN **** ABOUT PEOPLE. I KNOW ALL OF YOU ARE PROBABLY HIS AGE OR YOU WOULD NOT KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT HIM SO WHY DONT YOU GROW THE **** UP AND MOVE ON MAYBE FIND A JOB, MAYBE MOVE OUT OF YOUR MOMS HOUSE , MAYBE SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!! <quoted text>
The nut doesn't fall very far from the tree.....this is a perfect example.
Dino and the glass pipe

Grand Rapids, MI

#58 Jan 16, 2009
Isn't it funny how only Dino's relatives think he's a good guy. But the general public remembers him as the prison convict who steals ,lies, smokes crack, beats up and urinates on women. People who have met him are all saying the same thing. That he is a scumbag.

And the people who haven't met him still remember the newspaper stories about him beating up people and peeing on them.
That whole family is pretty screwed up.
Woman of God

Columbus, OH

#61 Jan 17, 2009
Wow, I don't blame you losers getting on here everyday on this website. Just admit it, you are so infacuated with Dino! I don't blame you though, I know he is so sexy and you wish you had at least half the life he has. You all remind me of a bunch of middle school bullies,but in this case it is cyber bullies. Grow up!
Woman of God

Columbus, OH

#62 Jan 17, 2009
infatuated,correction.
Get a clue

Denver, CO

#63 Jan 17, 2009
Woman of God wrote:
Wow, I don't blame you losers getting on here everyday on this website. Just admit it, you are so infacuated with Dino! I don't blame you though, I know he is so sexy and you wish you had at least half the life he has. You all remind me of a bunch of middle school bullies,but in this case it is cyber bullies. Grow up!
Woman of God, thinks Dino is sexy.....What's wrong with that picture?
Seems like a woman of God would talk with more compassion and less judgement of others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 3 hr T-Man 2,685
Lets Chat (Mar '08) Tue Gville Jim 40,226
Crooked Hillary's Tax Return Challenge To Donald Tue Gville Jim 5
News Kent County Detectives: Teen homicide suspect k... Mon HillJack 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Aug 22 Robert walker 1,100
News Pay your utility bills or lose service (Dec '08) Aug 19 Shimake 160
Days of Yore Aug 18 Gville Jim 2

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages