Overnight shooting in Grand Rapids leads to crash

A busy night for Grand Rapids police included a shooting overnight Saturday. The shooting happened at around 2:20 a.m. Grand Rapids police say a man was shot in the neck while in his car at the intersection of ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
okeN

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 May 31, 2008
Can we all say, "Dope deal gone bad."?
melissa

Benton Harbor, MI

#2 May 31, 2008
what is a 10 year old doing out at 2:20am?

“welcome to wherever we are!”

Since: May 08

sparta

#3 May 31, 2008
melissa wrote:
what is a 10 year old doing out at 2:20am?
That's what I was thinking...
sounds pretty strange.
I wonder if someone was WITH the 10 year old.
(like someone with a gun maybe?)

“Have a nice day!”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 May 31, 2008
boy this makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was thinking...
sounds pretty strange.
I wonder if someone was WITH the 10 year old.
(like someone with a gun maybe?)
Yeah, or the 10-year old had the gun.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#5 May 31, 2008
I have heard that sometimes a dealer will not have the dope on him, but instead has a minor run to get the dope for each deal. That way the dealer avoids having any physical contact with the dope.
Batch 37 Pain is Good

United States

#6 May 31, 2008
The herd of drug users ought to be thinning pretty quick at this rate. Dealers trying to kill their clients? Or clients trying to kill their dealers.
Hater

Spring Lake, MI

#7 May 31, 2008
Mother Nature is flushing her toilet
kini

Holland, MI

#8 May 31, 2008
Again no description of the criminals, i guess its more important to be politically correct than it is to protect the rest of us.
Thanks to AL shaprton, the ACLU, Jessy Jackson and liberal idiots its not politically correct to tell the truth.
Cutting Cheese

United States

#9 May 31, 2008
What ever happend to the days where you had a fist fight when you were mad at someone. Then you wouldn't spend the rest of your life in an Ionia prison.
LAKETON

Muskegon, MI

#10 May 31, 2008
I don't ever want to live in GR. Too many shootings.........
Bryan

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 May 31, 2008
This is exactly why I moved away from this pathetic crime ridden city. Hmm lets see bet the person was african american and what the heck is a 10 year old boy doing out at 2:00 in the morning??? Wonderful parenting going on there. more than likely the kid will end up growing up to kill just like his distant relatives.
dano

West Bloomfield, MI

#14 May 31, 2008
What a pathetic city GR is. The SE side should be bulldozed down and the crime and criminals with it. The medical mile, Devos and VanAndel what a joke. Worse than Detroit or Flint. Not All American more like All slum city. And Dr. Taylor leading GRPS. Another loser.
Corruption control

Virginia Beach, VA

#15 May 31, 2008
Lots of generalizations here with no proof to back up your statements. How do you know the 12 year old didnt witness the shooting from his bedroom window? The story doesnt say he was on the street or that they questioned him about being out past curfew. These shootings could be self defense shootings, they could be drug related, or a jealousy issue. Those who are quick to jump to conclusions and pass judgement without knowing all the facts usually make bad judgements and untrue statements.
Corruption control

Virginia Beach, VA

#16 May 31, 2008
ooops typo that was a 10 year old witness.

“Pets-at-Play”

Since: Apr 08

Grand Haven

#17 May 31, 2008
LAKETON wrote:
I don't ever want to live in GR. Too many shootings.........
I agree or goto GR!
We were just talking seems like we hear a shooting in GR every other day {sad}
Stay Away

United States

#18 May 31, 2008
To everyone who has, will be, or wants to move out of GRR; and those who state that they will never visit - I have but one thing to say...
Good Bye and Good Riddance!
Beau

United States

#19 May 31, 2008
Not all parts of GR are bad. You only hear of the bad things that happen here. Only the stories that make news, are ugly stories. I have never seen BREAKING NEWS about a class of students who all got a B+ on their projects. It's only when they shoot each other or threaten to blow stuff up. It's not only in GR either.
nunya

Petoskey, MI

#20 May 31, 2008
Bryan wrote:
This is exactly why I moved away from this pathetic crime ridden city. Hmm lets see bet the person was african american and what the heck is a 10 year old boy doing out at 2:00 in the morning??? Wonderful parenting going on there. more than likely the kid will end up growing up to kill just like his distant relatives.
Nowhere did it say the 10 year old was "out"... Residential neighborhood. he could very well have been in his house..People have been known to look out windows. Especially if he may have heard something.
nunya

Petoskey, MI

#21 May 31, 2008
Corruption control wrote:
Lots of generalizations here with no proof to back up your statements. How do you know the 12 year old didnt witness the shooting from his bedroom window? The story doesnt say he was on the street or that they questioned him about being out past curfew. These shootings could be self defense shootings, they could be drug related, or a jealousy issue. Those who are quick to jump to conclusions and pass judgement without knowing all the facts usually make bad judgements and untrue statements.
You are so right!!! And you never see anyone come back later and say " I was wrong"..
LAKETON

Muskegon, MI

#23 May 31, 2008
Yes, we have an area of African American people. But we don't have shootings every day like GR does. We might have a couple a year. We had a shooting last week in front of a club downtown and the city shut the club down - revoked their business license within 7 days!!! They took a stand and let everyone know that this kind of behavior would not be tolerated.

I'm not sure if the education system is better here or not. Or the standard of living. We just don't have what GR has. Maybe GR is just too big. Too urban. I don't know.

By the way, I live north of Muskegon(Laketon) in the burbs.
Hey Laketon wrote:
Hey Laketon,
I have a question. You live in Muskegon and have an area of town that is predominatly African American. Do you have the same sort of shootings and criminal activity in that area as we do in here in GR on the SE side? I'm just curious. One hates to generalize, but I'm just wondering if Muskegon doesn't have this kind of crime in your Black neighbor hoods, what is the difference from there to here? Is the education better there or the standard of living? Or do you also have the same crimes they just don't make the news?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
And Yet Another Moonbat Insults Our Soldiers 1 hr DR X 5
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 9 hr Buffalo Bull 1,558
Selma' is an important teaching tool 16 hr bobolinq 2
japan will cave . . . 23 hr KillTheSYStem 2
NOW Obama Has A Plan To Save The Middle Class?? Sat Oneal 14
Lets Chat (Mar '08) Fri Trouser Cough 40,197
More Anti-American Liberalism Jan 23 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]