First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 Sep 7, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Hello Everyone....if we could stop yelling at eachother briefly....Something has happened, i feel it's important, but can't find any conversations about it on Topix....The VA has stopped funding of service dogs, for war vets, suffering with PTSD(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)...i know through several friends, that this has been a very successful program, and it's costs are relatively low....some of the fine dogs are actually donated and trained free thru prisons and animal welfare orgs....Sorry, i realize this is off topic, but it just gets me, and i don't know what to think? I know we need to cut expenses, but this one hurts.......
You should create a separate thread for this subject as it does seem to be something people might be interested in discussing,, but likely won't get any traction on this thread.
Leviathan

Grand Rapids, MI

#22 Sep 7, 2012
Diggs wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, but here's some reality for you to consider: Liberals said the same thing you just did in 2010. They got their hats handed to them in the mid-terms. Liberals again said the same thing in the Wisconsin governor recall massacre in 2012, right before they got got their angry little butts kicked again.
That's reality, Levi, not just "my team is better than yours" insults, which is all you and your Topix-addicted liberal glee club have at this point.
I'm a registered independent who leans conservative on the economic issues and left of center on social issues, I'm hardly a liberal but would never vote for a right wing republican. I'm what would be called a moderate and the republicans threw people like me out about 20 years ago. I tend to vote for the libertarian presidential candidate but it looks like I won't get the chance to vote for Johnson here in Michigan because he won't be on the ballet. Looks like Obama gets my vote.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#23 Sep 7, 2012
Leviathan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a registered independent who leans conservative on the economic issues and left of center on social issues, I'm hardly a liberal but would never vote for a right wing republican. I'm what would be called a moderate and the republicans threw people like me out about 20 years ago. I tend to vote for the libertarian presidential candidate but it looks like I won't get the chance to vote for Johnson here in Michigan because he won't be on the ballet. Looks like Obama gets my vote.
That makes sense since both of them live in the land of make-believe. It's one of the challenges of becoming an adult; one has to live in the real world and make real world decisions. Both Liberals and Libertarians like to live in the make believe world where people don't act like real humans, but instead act like characters in a book who act the way "they should."

And I'm willing to bet you are only a moderate because you've moved what would have been called "center" 20, 40, 60 years ago. Consider that when Roe vs. Wade was made legal by the Supreme Court, having an abortion was considered wrong by the majority of the people. Today's "post-birth" abortions would never even have been a consideration even among the liberals of the time. Yet today, second or even third term abortions are considered "moderate" by some. So what if having an abortion except under conditions of rape was considered "moderate." Then where would you be, to the left or far left?

And would you like to talk about JFK's racial policies? If JFK is "moderate" is that where you are or about 1,000 yards left of center?

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#24 Sep 7, 2012
Leviathan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a registered independent who leans conservative on the economic issues and left of center on social issues, I'm hardly a liberal but would never vote for a right wing republican. I'm what would be called a moderate and the republicans threw people like me out about 20 years ago. I tend to vote for the libertarian presidential candidate but it looks like I won't get the chance to vote for Johnson here in Michigan because he won't be on the ballet. Looks like Obama gets my vote.
So,...you're conservative on economic issues, but you will vote for a man that has added $ SIX TRILLION to the national debt in just four years?
You say you are "hardly a liberal",....... I hate to tell you this,... but you ARE a liberal!
I'm Not saying that there is anything wrong with that!
I've even said it in the past that I was a centrist, or middle of the road type, but I just cant vote for someone so far to the left as Obama.
I guess my vote will just cancel yours out.
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#25 Sep 8, 2012
Leviathan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a registered independent who leans conservative on the economic issues and left of center on social issues, I'm hardly a liberal but would never vote for a right wing republican. I'm what would be called a moderate and the republicans threw people like me out about 20 years ago. I tend to vote for the libertarian presidential candidate but it looks like I won't get the chance to vote for Johnson here in Michigan because he won't be on the ballet. Looks like Obama gets my vote.
Looks like you're a liberal tool then. You so-called libertarians always spend great amounts of time denouncing you liberal-ness in political discussions, then wind up pulling the trigger for the democrat.
"I'm hardly a liberal" ... you just vote for them. Dumbass.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leviathan

Holland, MI

#26 Sep 8, 2012
Diggs wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you're a liberal tool then. You so-called libertarians always spend great amounts of time denouncing you liberal-ness in political discussions, then wind up pulling the trigger for the democrat.
"I'm hardly a liberal" ... you just vote for them. Dumbass.
Tool? Dumbass? Ok. You are the exact reason why the republicans can't attract moderates anymore. It's your way or the highway. If I don't vote for your guy I am automatically pegged as a liberal. I usually vote for the libertarian candidate, but cant this time and in local races I have voted for many republicans in the past. You have no idea how I vote but by assuming I always vote for the democrat you have expressed knee jerk, defensive position that consumes the new GOP. You should read up on the libertarian party, it's full of disenfranchised republicans. I'm 55 years old and I remember the days of Reagan and Ford, that party doesn't exist anymore and it's because of people like you.
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#27 Sep 8, 2012
Leviathan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tool? Dumbass? Ok. You are the exact reason why the republicans can't attract moderates anymore. It's your way or the highway. If I don't vote for your guy I am automatically pegged as a liberal. I usually vote for the libertarian candidate, but cant this time and in local races I have voted for many republicans in the past. You have no idea how I vote but by assuming I always vote for the democrat you have expressed knee jerk, defensive position that consumes the new GOP. You should read up on the libertarian party, it's full of disenfranchised republicans. I'm 55 years old and I remember the days of Reagan and Ford, that party doesn't exist anymore and it's because of people like you.
I'm not 55 and I remember those days too. Neither Ronald Reagan nor Gerald Ford would have approved of the the divisiveness, defensiveness and outright lack of integrity, to say nothing of the complete ineptitude shown by President Obama, one of the most ideologically progressive presidents we've ever elected. Because of people like you we're risking another 4 years of this madness.
You want to blame the Grand Ol Party for losing site of it's goals, I'll stand right beside you, demanding smaller government, fiscal responsibility and a higher respect for the Constitution than we've seen in decades from both sides of the circus. But if you're going to conjur up the ghosts of republicans past and claim it's I who no longer share their values, while you're opting for the very opposite of Reagan or Ford, than it's you'd better look into a mirror for who's to blame for that party no longer existing.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29 Nov 21, 2012
Dead By Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>The socialist will be removed from office. You hear me?
Say what?????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 12 hr Go Blue Forever 1,565
Ladies - Make $$ w/ your feet 21 hr markymark4343 3
4-year-old boya s family asks driver who hit th... 22 hr Tah Boggin 4
And Yet Another Moonbat Insults Our Soldiers Mon Oneal 10
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Mon Dina 982
Treacherous roads, frozen pipes, and record war... Mon Sneaky Pete 2
Selma' is an important teaching tool Mon Batch 37 Pain Is ... 3
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:35PM
Who Benefits Most from Hiring of Gase?
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
How Bears Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report 6:04 PM
Why Lions Must Draft CB Trae Waynes
Bleacher Report12:00 AM
3 Mistakes the Chicago Bears Can't Afford to Make This Offseason
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Tillman Hints at Return to Bears with Tweet