First Prev
of 119
Next Last

Since: Jul 07

Madison, WI

#1 Jul 24, 2007
I'm sick and tired of the government trying to take our freedom away. They start off little, then next you know its gonna get bigger.

When is the mother of little Jerimiah gonna get into trouble for her actions?

When are we gonna know something about Jeffery Mata?

Vent on what ever you want here.

Who and hte heck needs to make $4000 a week?

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#2 Jul 24, 2007
I think that if someone makes 4000 a week, it shouldn't be in the government sector. Nevermind the LIFETIME healthcare benefits and the pension they get for as little as a 2 year term.

If the MI Legislature wants the state employees to take a cut in their wages and benefits, I think they need to start with their own. Why do we have to pay a lifetime pension and healthcare benefits for them? Why do they think they are above cuts themselves?

And I agree P&C. I'm quite tired of the government deciding what's best for us and what not. I'm getting quite tired of my freedoms being taken away too. If they can tells us what we can and cannot eat, where we can and cannot smoke, and basically what kind of car we can drive, not to mention Zeeland deciding what you can and can't have on your own front porch, what's next? Like Bob V mentioned on another thread, are they going to start telling us how many children we are allowed to have?

Where does it finally stop? Are we going to have to prove our point by having something similar to the Boston Tea Party?

Byron Center, MI

#3 Jul 24, 2007
girl ,you did it !!!! I couldn't figure it out,lol...as far as the Gov.taking away rights,i could go on and on.starting with smoking,what about drinking?how many people die due to that? health wise,driving accidents,fighting,etc..how many women end up hurt or dead because the man was drunk and beat on her,how many drunks get behind the wheel and drive home,only to kill some innocent person who was just running to the store to get the milk she forgot to buy for the kids in the morning,or the kid walking home from school and some drunk runs her or him over????So maybe all us NON-DRINKERS should start screaming too? as far as healthcare due to smoking,we KNOW for SURE the damages alcohol does ,but no HARD FACTS about second hand smoke..so now anyone who drinks should get THEIR OWN INS.,RIGHT ? IF SMOKERS HAVE TO ,ALL smokers do is stink from the smoke the next morning,we don't have hangovers and thoughts of who we might have hurt or what stupid things we might have said or done...lets bring back PROHIBITION !!!!!!!!!LOOK AT ALL THE LIVES THAT WOULD BE SAVED FROM NOT DRINKING !!!just making a point,drink if you want,just don't over do it.and as far as $4,000.00 plus a week: JENNIFER GRANHOLM NEEDS that much for ALL she does for this state(lol),P& C,this site should prove to be interesting..thanks

Madison, WI

#4 Jul 24, 2007
I'm so proud of myself! I just had a customer try to exchange 3 of the new $1 coins in for dollars bills. And they were the coins that don't say "in god we trust" So I took the quarters he gave me, but left the dollar coins! He said you don't take these? I said "nope, they don't say "in god we trust on them" lol, and he laughed and walked away. Told him that that is my personal boycott.

Your welcome!

Madison, WI

#5 Jul 24, 2007
Its not gonna stop. The government is going to keep getting worse and worse until we as the people do something and put them in their place and let them know exactly what we want!

Byron Center, MI

#6 Jul 24, 2007
neecer wrote:
I think that if someone makes 4000 a week, it shouldn't be in the government sector. Nevermind the LIFETIME healthcare benefits and the pension they get for as little as a 2 year term.
If the MI Legislature wants the state employees to take a cut in their wages and benefits, I think they need to start with their own. Why do we have to pay a lifetime pension and healthcare benefits for them? Why do they think they are above cuts themselves?
And I agree P&C. I'm quite tired of the government deciding what's best for us and what not. I'm getting quite tired of my freedoms being taken away too. If they can tells us what we can and cannot eat, where we can and cannot smoke, and basically what kind of car we can drive, not to mention Zeeland deciding what you can and can't have on your own front porch, what's next? Like Bob V mentioned on another thread, are they going to start telling us how many children we are allowed to have?
Where does it finally stop? Are we going to have to prove our point by having something similar to the Boston Tea Party?
...I'VE been saying that for years,since the helmet law,WE NEED ANOTHER TEA PARTY
hmmmmmmm

United States

#7 Jul 24, 2007
this is a quote from Deseree, I wondered if anyone besides me picked up on what she seems to be insinuating
"Well let me tell ya, he only dropped her on the **** But maybe we need to find out, what exactly happened on that SUNDAY night!!! Just to clue you all in!!! "
the incident that Jeff caused did not happen on Sunday.
Is anyone going to be able to go to court on the 25th?

Byron Center, MI

#8 Jul 24, 2007
OH, heres another...press ONE for Spanish and TWO for English.just where the h-ll are we???LEARN OUR LANGUAGE.I'm sure other countries don't say press ONE for English 1st,then their language...
But thats right ,we're in the US ,where we cater to EVERYONE but OUR OWN.

Byron Center, MI

#9 Jul 24, 2007
hmmmmmmm wrote:
this is a quote from Deseree, I wondered if anyone besides me picked up on what she seems to be insinuating
"Well let me tell ya, he only dropped her on the **** But maybe we need to find out, what exactly happened on that SUNDAY night!!! Just to clue you all in!!! "
TOMORROW,what time,any idea? also will the public be able to go in,you think?

Madison, WI

#10 Jul 24, 2007
hmmmmmmm wrote:
if it was the 27th yeah, but not the 25th.
sorry working, would like to go.
I really want to know the truth to this as well. I think that broad is as stupids as a box of rocks.

Madison, WI

#11 Jul 24, 2007
I actually told someone yesterday, if your gonna come here learn english. I felt bad, but was sooo tired of trying to explain what he was looking for!
"LEARN OUR LANGUAGE"
hmmmmmmm

United States

#12 Jul 24, 2007
How long before we address the president of the united states as "El Presidente"

How many people are in the unemployment line because they are not bilingual.

Approximately 1/2 the jobs posted in the Grand Rapids Public School system require the person to be bilingual...read, write and speak Spanish.
Now I have not seen one posting requiring a person to speak German, Bosnian, VietNamese, or any other language of a student enrolled in the GRPS district. Doesn't this constitute descrimination against Americans?

Byron Center, MI

#13 Jul 24, 2007
just read on 13 that at least 3,500 or so Iraqi's will be coming to Michigan and the state is worried because of our sluggish economy ,well,don't worry guys we will just put them on welfare or SSI...SO ,HOWS THAT FOR GOOD NEWS !!!!
hmmmmmmm

United States

#14 Jul 24, 2007
How long before Americans address the President of the United States as "El Presidente"

GR Public school requires approximately 1/2 of its staff to be bilingual (Spanish), not any other of the many languages that the student body uses. Bosnian, Sudanese, Vietnamese, and many more. Back to Roosevelt's statement that immigrants will assimilate into our countries ways and language. Where did that thinking go.
Big business is the reason for this.... they hire illegals who will work for pennies on the dollar and live three families to an apartment. The laws somehow do not apply to them, CPS would be all over an american family that lived with 12 people to a 2 bedroom apartment.

Byron Center, MI

#15 Jul 24, 2007
hmmmmmmm wrote:
How long before Americans address the President of the United States as "El Presidente"
GR Public school requires approximately 1/2 of its staff to be bilingual (Spanish), not any other of the many languages that the student body uses. Bosnian, Sudanese, Vietnamese, and many more. Back to Roosevelt's statement that immigrants will assimilate into our countries ways and language. Where did that thinking go.
Big business is the reason for this.... they hire illegals who will work for pennies on the dollar and live three families to an apartment. The laws somehow do not apply to them, CPS would be all over an american family that lived with 12 people to a 2 bedroom apartment.
SORRY MY POST WENT UP TWICE,anyways,you are SO RIGHT,if it were one of us,CPS would be all over it,years ago,i knew a woman who was on welfare and pregnant and was TOLD by welfare if she had a daughter(had 1 son already)she would have to get a 3 bedroom apartment because a boy and girl couldn't share a room,well how in the h-ll do these Mexicans and vietnames get to have 10-15 people in a 3 bedroom house???just drive around the westside and you will see it all over.and you are also right about it all being good for business,every fri-ken place i call ,i have to yell and tell them to get a supervisor who SPEAKS ENGLISH...IF i p-ss em off, i dont care !!! i wish i had their job,but sh-t,i'm WHITE AND AMERICAN,so i guess they(the company)would NOT get a tax break for hiring me !!
hmmmmmmm

United States

#16 Jul 24, 2007
Now the 15 year old shot in the leg this morning is refusing to cooperate with police. Surprise! They tell us the kids want out of the gangs, but they do nothing to save their own lives.
15 years old.... what are the parents doing in this case. First where were they when he was shot on Henry street and Bates (a very heavy gang presence in this area)

“Hoping to see some good news”

Location hidden

#17 Jul 24, 2007
Sharon B wrote:
<quoted text>SORRY MY POST WENT UP TWICE,anyways,you are SO RIGHT,if it were one of us,CPS would be all over it,years ago,i knew a woman who was on welfare and pregnant and was TOLD by welfare if she had a daughter(had 1 son already)she would have to get a 3 bedroom apartment because a boy and girl couldn't share a room,well how in the h-ll do these Mexicans and vietnames get to have 10-15 people in a 3 bedroom house???just drive around the westside and you will see it all over.and you are also right about it all being good for business,every fri-ken place i call ,i have to yell and tell them to get a supervisor who SPEAKS ENGLISH...IF i p-ss em off, i dont care !!! i wish i had their job,but sh-t,i'm WHITE AND AMERICAN,so i guess they(the company)would NOT get a tax break for hiring me !!
My friends are being evicted from their 3 bedroom apartment right now for that same reason, they have 4 kids, 3 boys and 1 girl.

The youngest boy is less than a year old and has his crib in the parents bedroom. Apparently 3 people to 1 bedroom violates the occupancy laws even if the baby is too young to be in his own room. If they move him into the bedroom with the daughter it violates the girl/boy room thing. If they put him in the room with his 2 brothers... right back to the 3 people to 1 bedroom issue.

I know I have seen TONS of immigrant families packed into a house like sardines - and collecting welfare. What is wrong with this picture?
Neko

Hudsonville, MI

#18 Jul 24, 2007
Que Paso!

Yo Queiro mucho USA! The melting pot of the master race.

Mixed races are the master race....not inbreeding like the corporate religions want!

(Only dumbasses and racists are afraid of learning a second or third language!)
hmmmmmmm

United States

#19 Jul 24, 2007
I agree, I live in an apartment complex... one family signs the lease and 3 more move in with them. The complex has caught on and is evicting them, but they will just find another one and do the same thing. What is even more irritating is that they work here live like that and send money back to mexico. A person there saves it up until they have enough to buy a business and bingo they now have money rolling in. So when they want to send a new member of the clan they can afford to send the whole family. ( it used to cost $5000 per person to get from the border to Michigan, I am not sure of the current rate) York Creek apartments in Comstock Park is full of illegals. I moved from there 6 years ago and friends tell me it is even worse than it was then.
hmmmmmmm

United States

#20 Jul 25, 2007
Neko wrote:
Que Paso!
Yo Queiro mucho USA! The melting pot of the master race.
Mixed races are the master race....not inbreeding like the corporate religions want!
(Only dumbasses and racists are afraid of learning a second or third language!)
I am not dumb... I speak English, Spanish, and French. That does not make it right to require Americans to speak foreign languages in order to be employed or keep their current job. The melting pot is where people from other countries come to be one people united... American.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 119
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This Woman Didn't Get Any Bacon In Her Burger S... 1 hr Sneaky Pete 6
News When to consider hip replacement surgery 15 hr Jane Fairfax 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) 21 hr Kobe 2,356
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 23 hr stewart scott 1,765
Mystery shopping in Grand Rapids? Wed Mrs C 2
News 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where? Mar 25 MiYankee 2
News Young mother blogging breast cancer journey Mar 25 BarbaraTako 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]