BREAKING NEWS: Sen. Barack Obama to visit Grand Rapids

Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama will hold an event in Grand Rapids on Wednesday, May 14th. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Half Days

United States

#1 May 12, 2008
Considering Grand Rapids is sometimes called the "City of Churches," is there some chance he is coming here to find a new pastor that doesn't spew anti-American rhetoric?
Kim in gr

Detroit, MI

#2 May 12, 2008
Big deal. This whole presidential race is a joke.
Grand Havenite

Falls Church, VA

#3 May 12, 2008
Sure ..now that he needs us he comes here. Where was he in January????
sara

Alpharetta, GA

#4 May 12, 2008
we need Hillary......
Truth 007

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 May 12, 2008
Hopefully there will be some information on how tickets can be obtained.
Truth 007

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 May 12, 2008
Let the Pastor Wright go and let the Democratic primary go too. Pastor Wright isnt running for president. And be mad at your Democratic party for violating the rules!
Batch 37 Pain is Good

Barnesville, OH

#7 May 12, 2008
sara wrote:
we need Hillary......
Really? I have never seen a group of people so unqualified for this office as this group.
Batch 37 Pain is Good

Barnesville, OH

#8 May 12, 2008
Hold on! Just read the Bob Barr (former house rep. from Georgia) is running in the libertarian party. There may be hope for us after all........
Kim in gr

Detroit, MI

#9 May 12, 2008
Truth 007 wrote:
Hopefully there will be some information on how tickets can be obtained.
Oooh I was going to bring that up but was afraid too. Now he needs our votes and our money ? Good grief.
Mark

Knoxville, TN

#10 May 12, 2008
Batch 37 Pain is Good wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I have never seen a group of people so unqualified for this office as this group.
All 3 of them? ;)
Julie

Cross Village, MI

#11 May 12, 2008
Great,
I will take a vacation day to show my support!
Batch 37 Pain is Good

Barnesville, OH

#12 May 12, 2008
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
All 3 of them? ;)
Exactly! I like Bob Barr though.

Since: Jul 07

Portage, MI

#13 May 12, 2008
I don't think you have to buy tickets, its not a fund raiser. IF it was a fund raiser than you would have to buy tickets. (I would think anyways) I went to Michigan Democratic Party website, and it says: Obama, Van Andel Arena and nothing under the price part.
James

United States

#14 May 12, 2008
How does he need us? He doesn't need anything from MI for the primary, he is coming to relieve anxiety for the delegates being seated or not seated for the DNC. He will get the nomination with or without them. It seems to me that this is actual respect for the voters rather than a last minute appeal for delegates. He knows there are people who are upset enough to not vote in the November election and wants to reach out to them, answering any questions they have.
TDJensen

United States

#15 May 12, 2008
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
All 3 of them? ;)
All 3 of them, yes. Not one of them has uttered any REAL solution to our oil crisis. Ending the gas tax or taxing the oil companies does absolutely nothing to help the situation. Someone needs to give the oil companies the green light to punch more holes in the ground and bring our own oil into use. Of course, all these 'extremists' will cry and whine about it, as usual. Then they will cry and whine even more the next time they fill their tank.
mee

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 May 12, 2008
I think that shows just how much he is a manipulative politician.He agrees and stands firm on not coming to Michigan to rally. Then he acts like Hillary is wrong and pointing fingers.He says he stands Firm on not coming to Michigan to rally.Then the moment he sees opportunity to be manipulative and go against what he beliefs in to gain political advantage, he changes his views with no explanation or annoucment. Is the kind of President you want??? Not me.This guy is bad, very bad for Michigan and the country.He could not have made this any more clear.

Since: Jul 07

Portage, MI

#18 May 12, 2008
James wrote:
How does he need us? He doesn't need anything from MI for the primary, he is coming to relieve anxiety for the delegates being seated or not seated for the DNC. He will get the nomination with or without them. It seems to me that this is actual respect for the voters rather than a last minute appeal for delegates. He knows there are people who are upset enough to not vote in the November election and wants to reach out to them, answering any questions they have.
Well said. He is not coming here to rally for the primaries any more or to get the delegates. He did what he was suspose to do according to the rule of the demacratic party, Hillary is the one who broke the rules on that one. She knew what she was doing when she left her name on the ballot. She just figured that she would get almost all the votes for the party and not just a little over half.

Since: May 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 May 12, 2008
I won't go and see him!
Truth 007

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 May 12, 2008
Kim in gr wrote:
<quoted text>Oooh I was going to bring that up but was afraid too. Now he needs our votes and our money ? Good grief.
Wrong sister! He can out spend McCain and Clinton and still have plenty left. Why would he need our money? Votes, yes of course but so does Mc Cain and Clinton (if she somehow gets the nomination). Where is your validity of this? If you support another candidate then its ok to be upset. Be upset....He's coming so get over it! Have a blessed day!
Truth 007

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 May 12, 2008
pregnant and crabby wrote:
I don't think you have to buy tickets, its not a fund raiser. IF it was a fund raiser than you would have to buy tickets.(I would think anyways) I went to Michigan Democratic Party website, and it says: Obama, Van Andel Arena and nothing under the price part.
Thanks now I guess it may be first come first served huh? Thanks again for the information

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Buffalo Bull 1,560
Ladies - Make $$ w/ your feet 9 hr markymark4343 1
And Yet Another Moonbat Insults Our Soldiers 11 hr DR X 5
Selma' is an important teaching tool Sun bobolinq 2
japan will cave . . . Sat KillTheSYStem 2
NOW Obama Has A Plan To Save The Middle Class?? Sat Oneal 14
Lets Chat (Mar '08) Fri Trouser Cough 40,197
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance