A real Ruth's Chris steakhouse or cheap imitation by DeVos

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
GreedRapids

Mount Morris, MI

#1 Aug 28, 2013
Went to Ruth's Chris (Dutch CRC owned local FRANCHISE) and much to my dismay, the petite filet was the SAME price as the petite filet in Chicago...

Plus, the steak filets at GR location are prepackaged and pre-cut!

The downtown Chicago location steak filets are freshly hand-cut at that location.

Yet, once again, we are fooled by another cheap imitation and charged the same price in Grand Rapids as charged in Chicago, but are served a cheaper quality meat. Kind of reminds me of the Subway pre-sliced meat commercial by Arby's.

Any person in the meat business will tell you pre-cut is a lessor quality and in fact, cost less to buy.

To those of you who doubt me, please call both locations and ask about filet cuts specifically.

Guess I feel slightly ripped off by DeVos, but not surprised
Really

Wyoming, MI

#2 Aug 29, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
Went to Ruth's Chris (Dutch CRC owned local FRANCHISE) and much to my dismay, the petite filet was the SAME price as the petite filet in Chicago...
The downtown Chicago location steak filets are freshly hand-cut at that location.
Yet, once again, we are fooled by another cheap imitation and charged the same price in Grand Rapids as charged in Chicago, but are served a cheaper quality meat. Kind of reminds me of the Subway pre-sliced meat commercial by Arby's.
Any person in the meat business will tell you pre-cut is a lessor quality and in fact, cost less to buy.
To those of you who doubt me, please call both locations and ask about filet cuts specifically.
Great! Another whiner...just what this town needs. We don't have enough of them between King George and the city council.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Aug 29, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
OK, have fun in Chicago, bigot, err Arctic.:)

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4 Aug 29, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
I didn't know that DeVos owns the Ruth's Chris franchise... Does he own the Starbucks right next to it as well?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Aug 29, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Great! Another whiner...just what this town needs. We don't have enough of them between King George and the city council.
Certainly worth the 3 hour drive, for perfection...lol...
GreedRapids

Southfield, MI

#6 Aug 29, 2013
I see I have a new fan base haha

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#7 Aug 29, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
I see I have a new fan base haha
You make an otherwise boring forum interesting.
Sandy

Farmington, MI

#8 Aug 29, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
I feel slightly ripped off by your f@ggotry
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Southfield, MI

#9 Sep 9, 2013
You make it sound like Chicago meat just came off the hoof...... It comes in plastic too for transportation...... Pre cuts insures costs accuracy for the company..... Quality is the same.... It is not a lower grade otherwise they would go out of business because we who do travel know the difference......
Moo

Hudsonville, MI

#10 Sep 9, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
You make it sound like Chicago meat just came off the hoof...... It comes in plastic too for transportation...... Pre cuts insures costs accuracy for the company..... Quality is the same.... It is not a lower grade otherwise they would go out of business because we who do travel know the difference......
Just another reason to eat more chicken!
X Class

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Sep 9, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Any real steakhouse cuts their own meat. They cut it and age it and that's why they charge more for it. What DeVos is doing is taking meat bought through the same wholesaler that supplies other chains. Chains that charge $24.95 for the same filet Ruth's charges $44.95 for. Oh well, they say the Amway Grand hasn't made money since it was built in the 80's (but looks good in Scamway brochures) so they've go to try right? Imagine a city (and a corporation) bought and paid for by stupid people participating in a pyramid scheme is finding more and more ways to rip off its public.....shocker!
Really

Wyoming, MI

#12 Sep 9, 2013
X Class wrote:
<quoted text>
Any real steakhouse cuts their own meat. They cut it and age it and that's why they charge more for it. What DeVos is doing is taking meat bought through the same wholesaler that supplies other chains. Chains that charge $24.95 for the same filet Ruth's charges $44.95 for. Oh well, they say the Amway Grand hasn't made money since it was built in the 80's (but looks good in Scamway brochures) so they've go to try right? Imagine a city (and a corporation) bought and paid for by stupid people participating in a pyramid scheme is finding more and more ways to rip off its public.....shocker!
Imagine the shock of finding another jealous whiner on these boards! Oh the shame of it!

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#13 Sep 9, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
If you don't like it,.....don't eat there. Pretty simple, isn't it?
I'd probably never go there because it's downtown.
If I want a nice steak, I get one at Byron Center Meat's, or go up to Mode's Bum Steer.
Why go to a "chain" restaurant?
X Class

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Sep 9, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine the shock of finding another jealous whiner on these boards! Oh the shame of it!
Jealous? Of what exactly?
Really

Wyoming, MI

#15 Sep 10, 2013
X Class wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous? Of what exactly?
Anyone who has what you don't have...namely the Devos family. Nice try at anonymity Arctic. Hope you had a good summer.
X Class

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Sep 10, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who has what you don't have...namely the Devos family. Nice try at anonymity Arctic. Hope you had a good summer.
You think I'm jealous of some rich Dutch guy who was born into a family who's fortune was built on a scam? Whatever dude! I have plenty thankyouverymuch. Never in a thousand years would I want to be a DeVos. I have a soul and a set of balls between my legs.
Weatherman

Hudsonville, MI

#17 Sep 10, 2013
Arctic blows!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Southfield, MI

#18 Sep 10, 2013
X Class wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get out much do you.......
Nuts

Hudsonville, MI

#19 Sep 10, 2013
X Class wrote:
<quoted text>
You think I'm jealous of some rich Dutch guy who was born into a family who's fortune was built on a scam? Whatever dude! I have plenty thankyouverymuch. Never in a thousand years would I want to be a DeVos. I have a soul and a set of balls between my legs.
I think your balls are in your head instead of brains.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#20 Sep 10, 2013
X Class wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound extremely jealous and in my experience anyone who has to "brag" about what they have are usually trying to compensate for something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 1 hr Oneal 36
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 25
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 4 hr Go Blue Forever 1,373
Local News Women (Apr '09) 6 hr Casual Observer 2,303
Bengazi is back 16 hr Gville Jim 88
President O'Blama' Punts Again 17 hr Gville Jim 16
Obama's new approval rating at 38% (Mar '14) 19 hr Phil 87
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••