|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wiggley Down Under - The Final Chapter"
Ah yes, the "good christian" breaking his/her own god-being's rules by passing judgement. Hopefully when you pray away your responsibilites today your god-being will include this little slip-up...after all, it forgives you for everything else right?
Oh well, on the lighter side, maybe an Austrialian vacation would be nice.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>That is just it I do believe in God but not the God in the bible or any scripture for that matter. It is something I tussled with for a long time. Not being brought up christian or any other faith has given me a different perspective a different outlook. I do pickup my bible its right next to me as I write, but to me its just stories, a novel. Examples on how to live and not to live. I ask the question "saved from what" because I want someone to tell me what they fear.
The most primeval fear of all living things...death. Humans, via religion, have added the hope of an afterlife to comfort grieving relatives. Of course it requires faith in mythical beings and places and an alternative bad place for those who don't believe. This maintains the fear factor effect and helps with the other requirement...the tythe.
Interestingly, the most disturbed people at the time of death are christians and/or people of a faith hoping for an afterlife. Read Elisabeth Kubler Ross "On Death and Dying".
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the "good christian" breaking his/her own god-being's rules by passing judgement. Hopefully when you pray away your responsibilites today your god-being will include this little slip-up...after all, it forgives you for everything else right?
Oh well, on the lighter side, maybe an Austrialian vacation would be nice.
A bit of the old humor from you Wiggley? You really can teach an old dog new tricks after all!
I believe God understands humor too. After all, He created it.
My point of all this ribbing you is that if your choice is not to believe in God, that's up to you. No one here attacked you with their religion. No one forced you to believe in God, or even asked you to, YOU came onto this thread questioning their beliefs, sportin' for an argument, as if anyone has to justify their belief to you.
Instead of biting on a pointless argument with someone who who's mind is as made up as those of us who believe in God, it's just better to meet your hate with humor.

Happy St Pat's Day!

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
A bit of the old humor from you Wiggley? You really can teach an old dog new tricks after all!
I believe God understands humor too. After all, He created it.
My point of all this ribbing you is that if your choice is not to believe in God, that's up to you. No one here attacked you with their religion. No one forced you to believe in God, or even asked you to, YOU came onto this thread questioning their beliefs, sportin' for an argument, as if anyone has to justify their belief to you.
Instead of biting on a pointless argument with someone who who's mind is as made up as those of us who believe in God, it's just better to meet your hate with humor.
Happy St Pat's Day!
And now for the retreat by the christian...I never said anyone tried to impose anything on me. I never said anyone attacted me. I never said anyone tried to force me to believe in their god-being. You just made all that up.
I asked some hard questions that you need to portray as hateful so as to establish persecution. Sorry, no persecution points today for you.
From one old dog to another...I've got more new tricks iffin ya want to learn some.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Sassy wrote:
You know Shoeless is a a pretty conservative person, so he may not believe in God. So you pass judgement on that? I believe Shoeless is a human being that has his/her own personal beliefs. Who are you to judge on this one issue?
<quoted text>
If you inferred judgement from what I posted, I'd suggest you reel in those overly large toes to keep them from getting stepped on so often.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

My toes are just fine. Shoeless is a conservative, and has a right to his/her beliefs. If you had read further he replied and said that he does believe in God. However, has questions as many do. There is nothing wrong with that. Nor is there anything wrong with those that do not believe in God. In the end, it is how you live your life and how you care about others is all that matters. What happens to us after is a mystery that no one can explain. It is up to each person's belief.
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
If you inferred judgement from what I posted, I'd suggest you reel in those overly large toes to keep them from getting stepped on so often.
Shoelace

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
So the belief in jesus, whether muslim, jewish or christian, is the key to being saved?
Conversely, let's just say the denial of Jesus is the key to hell.
free thinker

Berkley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sassy wrote:
My toes are just fine. Shoeless is a conservative, and has a right to his/her beliefs. If you had read further he replied and said that he does believe in God. However, has questions as many do. There is nothing wrong with that. Nor is there anything wrong with those that do not believe in God. In the end, it is how you live your life and how you care about others is all that matters. What happens to us after is a mystery that no one can explain. It is up to each person's belief.
Everyone posting on this thread has a right to his/her beliefs but I don't see you spanking those who are being disrespectful of the Christian POV. Sort of hard to take your outrage seriously when it's one-sided.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone posting on this thread has a right to his/her beliefs but I don't see you spanking those who are being disrespectful of the Christian POV. Sort of hard to take your outrage seriously when it's one-sided.
Get used to it, free thinker. It seems the right to believe in God doesn't exist on this site without the usual tiny squad of angry anti-religious militants going into attack mode every time the subject of religion pops up.

Quite often you'll hear them complaining about how Christians are forcing their beliefs on them, yet every thread regarding religion I've read here shows it's the anti-religionists as the aggressors.

Now, let the dirty peanuts and inane name-calling rain down ...
St Stephen

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

In the Pope's first homily he stressed looking out for (and taking care) of the poor (the takers) and protecting the environment and it's creatures.

If he had posted those things here he would have been labeled a bleeding heart environmentalist whacko!

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
So the belief in jesus, whether muslim, jewish or christian, is the key to being saved?
Shoelace wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying muslims, christians, and jews are not going to hell if they believe in your jesus?
Or are you going to move the goalposts again?
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

St Stephen wrote:
In the Pope's first homily he stressed looking out for (and taking care) of the poor (the takers) and protecting the environment and it's creatures.
If he had posted those things here he would have been labeled a bleeding heart environmentalist whacko!
The idea that some people on this site aren't concerned with caring for those in need and the environment was something you came up with based on those of us who aren't buying the progressive redistribution of wealth tactics and Al Gore's ridiculous man-made global warming scam.

There are many ways to care for poor and protect the environment. Making Al Gore rich and allowing Obama to "redistribute" (ie: steal) the personal property of whatever American citizen he deems wealthy doesn't seem like a very good idea, and if you weren't such a colossal Useful Idiot you'd agree.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Mr Wiggley wrote:
Mr Wiggley wrote:
So the belief in Jesus
Do you know what that means? BTW..names are generally capitalized. I fixed that for you. You're welcome.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

St Stephen wrote:
A Robed Libtard, no less.....kinda great, where he stopped the vehicle, and touched and blessed the disabled guy...he seem's a much more grounded, less formal Pope....
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>A Robed Libtard, no less.....kinda great, where he stopped the vehicle, and touched and blessed the disabled guy...he seem's a much more grounded, less formal Pope....
News reports had interviews with several people saying the "likability", and in essence "more grounded" as you say, aspect of Pope Francis encouraged them to get back to worshipping again. There will be many Catholic-haters looking for an opportunity to attack him and the church, of course, but thus far Pope Francis seems to be popular overall. Religion-haters aside, it would be awesome to see this pope's humanitarian and environmental concerns from a religious perspective bring people of all philosophies together.

You party hacks will predictably continue beating your made-up drum that anyone who disagree with you hates poor people and the environment - seemingly because, like the community agitator you elected, all you know is how to be divisive.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Shoelace wrote:
<quoted text>
And the proof is?? You know I believe a lot of christians in their naivete are being lead around by the nose by a bunch of radicals in the guise of forgiveness and love who really would have no problem killing people who refuse to believe what they want us to believe, there are aggressive, radical, in your face type, christians!!
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>And the proof is?? You know I believe a lot of christians in their naivete are being lead around by the nose by a bunch of radicals in the guise of forgiveness and love who really would have no problem killing people who refuse to believe what they want us to believe, there are aggressive, radical, in your face type, christians!!
No Christian on this site or anywhere near you is threatening you in any way, so stop pretending Christians are on the attack. In fact, it's you coming out as aggressive, radical and in your face at every opportunity when religion is mentioned.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
News reports had interviews with several people saying the "likability", and in essence "more grounded" as you say, aspect of Pope Francis encouraged them to get back to worshipping again. There will be many Catholic-haters looking for an opportunity to attack him and the church, of course, but thus far Pope Francis seems to be popular overall. Religion-haters aside, it would be awesome to see this pope's humanitarian and environmental concerns from a religious perspective bring people of all philosophies together.
You party hacks will predictably continue beating your made-up drum that anyone who disagree with you hates poor people and the environment - seemingly because, like the community agitator you elected, all you know is how to be divisive.
Thanks, Sandy....i mean Really.....i mean Oneal.....
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Sandy....i mean Really.....i mean Oneal.....
LMAO!
Bill

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
GALYFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of87
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 2 hr pipedream 691
Local News Women (Apr '09) 6 hr Ben 2,291
Review: A-1 Appliance Repair (Jan '10) 6 hr Cooking Herb 20
The Russian need a bullet in his head 8 hr Oneal 4
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 9 hr gottondas 5,482
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans 10 hr Oneal 1
July 20 1969 History 22 hr Go Blue Forever 9
•••
•••