“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#41 Mar 15, 2013
Shoelace wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for asking. The path to God is by Jesus Christ his son, our Savior. Believe and you shall be saved. Deny - and get out the marshmellows and graham crackers!
You could have left it with the "believe" part but you just had to throw in the veiled threat of your non-existant hell. Christians like to think they are superior that way but it only really works on children.
Some loving god-being you worship alright...
<<Wiggley rolls eyes>>

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#42 Mar 15, 2013
Shoelace wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for asking. The path to God is by Jesus Christ his son, our Savior. Believe and you shall be saved. Deny - and get out the marshmellows and graham crackers!
I might also add that your mentality leads to people committing crimes against humanity only to believe they are forgiven by your god-being. Which leads them to a false sense of non-responsibility to their fellow humans.
Do you honestly believe your god-being will look kindly on a murder who finds your jesus in Prison but not a non-believer who was a good person but didn't "believe"??
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#43 Mar 15, 2013
Non-believers clearly have no sense of humor. That's OK, you'll have nothing to laugh about soon enough anyway...
<<Oneal shakes superior head sympathetically>>

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#44 Mar 15, 2013
Oneal wrote:
Non-believers clearly have no sense of humor. That's OK, you'll have nothing to laugh about soon enough anyway...
<<Oneal shakes superior head sympathetically>>
Apparently believers have a really sick sense of humor.
That's OK, your threat of eternal doom has no basis for fear or concern so we all know the joke's on you.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Brighton, MI

#45 Mar 15, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently believers have a really sick sense of humor.
That's OK, your threat of eternal doom has no basis for fear or concern so we all know the joke's on you.
I think he means that Washington is going to set you back..... New taxes in Health Care law that the O wanted is coming for you targets investment monies too....... Just saw it on Your World w/ Neal Cavuto.....

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#46 Mar 15, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>I think he means that Washington is going to set you back..... New taxes in Health Care law that the O wanted is coming for you targets investment monies too....... Just saw it on Your World w/ Neal Cavuto.....
I don't think that's what he/she meant at all. Silly veiled threats by christians are common and easy to discern and have no bearing but they are still threats.
As far as investments I have no fears whatsoever. The stock market will have 0 (zero) affect on my long term investments.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#47 Mar 15, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, sort of...depends on which version you wish to believe...
Luke 23:46 “And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said,‘Father, into thy hands I commit my Spirit.’ And having said this, he breathed his last.”
Then there's this one...
Matthew 27:46 "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, E’li, E’li, la’ma sa-bach’tha-ni? That is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
And last but not least...
John 19:30 "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
Confusing huh??
Exactly!

Every time one of the devoted decides to quote chapter and verse, they always fail to mention which of the counbtless versions of the revealed word they are quoting from. Of course if they didn't have the lazy habit of cherry picking small portions of the text it would give us a clue.

Perhaps they will give us the full text of Luke 23:34 as that gives quite a few more clues once we figure out what they are doing with his clothes, garments, etc...

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#48 Mar 15, 2013
Shoelace wrote:
<quoted text>
Another question...
Which religion are you speaking for? There are 3 major religions (splinered into many sub-religions) that follow the teachings of jesus.
Are you saying any one of those will do or are there additional specifics we need to know?
I'd really appreciate an answer...I believe these are very valid questions. Remember you specified "believe and thou shall be saved".
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#49 Mar 16, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that's what he/she meant at all. Silly veiled threats by christians are common and easy to discern and have no bearing but they are still threats.
As far as investments I have no fears whatsoever. The stock market will have 0 (zero) affect on my long term investments.
Wigglin' on Bealzebub's BBQ is your long-term investment.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#50 Mar 16, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
Another question...
Which religion are you speaking for?
Don't think they need to speaking for a religion as they didn't say anything about following a religion to be saved. You keep missing that, Wiggley...it's not religion that saves someone...it's Jesus.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#51 Mar 16, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Wigglin' on Bealzebub's BBQ is your long-term investment.
My investments aren't mythical, your supposed bbq is.
By the way, how would you know what my eternal fate, if any, is? Did you have a conversation with your god-being?
On second thought, hell is your belief, you go there.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#52 Mar 16, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think they need to speaking for a religion as they didn't say anything about following a religion to be saved. You keep missing that, Wiggley...it's not religion that saves someone...it's Jesus.
So the belief in jesus, whether muslim, jewish or christian, is the key to being saved?

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#53 Mar 16, 2013
Shoelace wrote:
<quoted text>
Saved from what??

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#54 Mar 16, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Saved from what??
The wrath and fury of his "loving" god-being??
His god-being supposedly created everything. That means it created good and evil. So it had to send itself in the form of a human for a blood sacrifice so it could save us from...you guessed it, itself.
Confusing but that's how the story goes.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#55 Mar 16, 2013
[QUOTE who="Mr Wiggley"
So the belief in jesus, whether muslim, jewish or christian, is the key to being saved?
[/QUOTE]

Sure...feel free to find me some Jews and Muslims who believe that Jesus is who He said he is.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#56 Mar 16, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
Saved from what??
You seem to be an inteligent guy, Shoeless...surely you don't really need to ask that question and, if you do, you're more tha campable of a Google search or picking up a Bible and reading it for yourself. Suggest you start with the Gospel of John.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#57 Mar 16, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure...feel free to find me some Jews and Muslims who believe that Jesus is who He said he is.
Now you've moved the goalposts...before it was just "believe". There was no requirement regarding who he said he was.
Just sayin'
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#58 Mar 16, 2013
You know Shoeless is a a pretty conservative person, so he may not believe in God. So you pass judgement on that? I believe Shoeless is a human being that has his/her own personal beliefs. Who are you to judge on this one issue?
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be an inteligent guy, Shoeless...surely you don't really need to ask that question and, if you do, you're more tha campable of a Google search or picking up a Bible and reading it for yourself. Suggest you start with the Gospel of John.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#59 Mar 16, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
My investments aren't mythical, your supposed bbq is.
By the way, how would you know what my eternal fate, if any, is? Did you have a conversation with your god-being?
On second thought, hell is your belief, you go there.
"Wiggley Down Under - The Final Chapter"

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#60 Mar 17, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just it I do believe in God but not the God in the bible or any scripture for that matter. It is something I tussled with for a long time. Not being brought up christian or any other faith has given me a different perspective a different outlook. I do pickup my bible its right next to me as I write, but to me its just stories, a novel. Examples on how to live and not to live. I ask the question "saved from what" because I want someone to tell me what they fear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 29 min kookierecluse 124
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) 36 min 8088AXE 3
Bengazi is back 52 min Phil 90
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 3 hr James Minier 946
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 5 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 38
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 8 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 25
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 1,373
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids
•••