Plainwell, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Progressives can't get along with people of any faith... They must destroy....... Progressives are a sick........ They have to destroy America too......
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I know, and you know what? It really doesn't matter to me, we are all on a path I choose my own unlike those who choose to be led around by popes priests preachers and governments. No one person should have this much persuasion on so many.
I can understand your comment about one person having this much persuasion on so many, and coming from someone who clearly believes he has enough knowledge to make his way through life on his own, it makes sense you'd feel that way.

It's a matter of whether you have faith in God or not. Clearly you have faith in yourself. That's fine. Others however have faith in God. Do they not have as much right to their beliefs as you? Do you really find it necessary to repeatedly demean a subject you've stated more than once you have no interest in? And if you really have no interest why do you post comments at all?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Love the pick so far....... His Jesuit background will knock the silliness off the block...... Like it......
Hopefully the new pontif gives all of you practicing catholics what you're looking for..... I highly doubt that he will bring back those who have given up on that church, or will be able to recruit any new members from noncatholic families.

Now if only all of the news coverage can return to normal!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Pinckney, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully the new pontif gives all of you practicing catholics what you're looking for..... I highly doubt that he will bring back those who have given up on that church, or will be able to recruit any new members from noncatholic families.
Now if only all of the news coverage can return to normal!
Careful Bobbie, you may be called back...... The confessional will be backlogged by your presence.......
Ginger

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

How many altar boys does it take to change a 76 year old popes diapers?

Just curious.
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

In my opinion, Pope Francis may turn out to be a wonderful choice. While he may be dogmatically to the right of where I stand, he may be a breath of fresh air for the Church. When he was named the Archbishop of Buenos Aires, he chose to live in a small apartment and use mass transit instead of living in the Archbishop's mansion and use the limosine service. He turned his back on the opulent lifestyle that many of the church's hierarchy live. After his introduction to the world last night he rode back to the hotel in the bus that transported the cardinals to the conclave instead of using a waiting limo, to get his bag and pay his hotel bill. I also love the name he chose, Francis, in honor of Saint Francis of Assisi, who turned down his family's wealth to live the impoverished life of the people he preached to. Pope Francis may not bring about all of the changes that I want to see in the Church, but if he can change the culture of the Vatican, he would have done something great.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your comment about one person having this much persuasion on so many, and coming from someone who clearly believes he has enough knowledge to make his way through life on his own, it makes sense you'd feel that way.
It's a matter of whether you have faith in God or not. Clearly you have faith in yourself. That's fine. Others however have faith in God. Do they not have as much right to their beliefs as you? Do you really find it necessary to repeatedly demean a subject you've stated more than once you have no interest in? And if you really have no interest why do you post comments at all?
I post opinions because I can. And clearly this is a subject I am completely interested in, for I see people being deceived, whoever the pope is makes no difference in their lives though they think it does. Hey if people want to believe in it good for them but they miss out when they close their minds and condemn others for not believing in what they believe in, and I have had more than one so called christian condemn me because I don't believe in their version of god. Their is more than one path to god.
Shoelace

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>I post opinions because I can. And clearly this is a subject I am completely interested in, for I see people being deceived, whoever the pope is makes no difference in their lives though they think it does. Hey if people want to believe in it good for them but they miss out when they close their minds and condemn others for not believing in what they believe in, and I have had more than one so called christian condemn me because I don't believe in their version of god. Their is more than one path to god.
I must agree that there are many paths to god.
There is however only one path to God.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>I post opinions because I can. And clearly this is a subject I am completely interested in, for I see people being deceived, whoever the pope is makes no difference in their lives though they think it does. Hey if people want to believe in it good for them but they miss out when they close their minds and condemn others for not believing in what they believe in, and I have had more than one so called christian condemn me because I don't believe in their version of god. Their is more than one path to god.
A few posts ago you found the whole thing "boring and meaningless" - your words. Now you've decided you're "completely interested"??

Regardless, you chose to post your negative, condescending and disrespectful opinions toward Christianity. I'm not sure about the so-called Christians that "condemned" you, or if that ever really happened at all, but no Christian on this thread condemned you yet you took it upon yourself to be the aggressor on the subject. Maybe you just got what you asked for.

How about you stick with the first part of your statement, "If people want to believe in It good for them...", and leave it at that.

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Well here on the lakeshore in 2 adjoining communities

One priest knocked up his girlfriend and stole away like a thief in the night without a word to anyone.

Another trusted deacon stole over 100k from the parish.

This is the truth of modern Catholicism--not the pie in the sky crap that is delivered from the front of the congregation--and not even followed by the messenger
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

1960brookwood wrote:
One priest knocked up his girlfriend and stole away like a thief in the night without a word to anyone.
This is the truth of modern Catholicism--not the pie in the sky crap that is delivered from the front of the congregation--and not even followed by the messenger
2 examples of how many churches in those 2 adjoining communities? And to quote Jesus "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

“Where I came from”

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
A few posts ago you found the whole thing "boring and meaningless" - your words. Now you've decided you're "completely interested"??
Regardless, you chose to post your negative, condescending and disrespectful opinions toward Christianity. I'm not sure about the so-called Christians that "condemned" you, or if that ever really happened at all, but no Christian on this thread condemned you yet you took it upon yourself to be the aggressor on the subject. Maybe you just got what you asked for.
How about you stick with the first part of your statement, "If people want to believe in It good for them...", and leave it at that.
I find religion boring and preachers boring and the sideshow boring because that is what it is a sideshow. I mean the news coverage and the hyped up anticipation the smoke the crowd the introduction God should be embarrassed that these things take place in his name. I am interested in why it matters so much to some and why it doesn't to me and others.

“Where I came from”

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Shoelace wrote:
<quoted text>
I must agree that there are many paths to god.
There is however only one path to God.
And that path is??
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Careful Bobbie, you may be called back...... The confessional will be backlogged by your presence.......
I can't understand why you haven't seen the real light and given up on that organization.

The people who "run" this church don't perform any real work and rely solely on the tax called tithing to enrich themselves. An almost perfect example of what a taker is.

An organization that not only shelters pedophiles, but stands in the way of these perverted priests having to face up to their crimes. That doesn't sound much like the kind of people that your typical O'Rielly follower to me.

I know you'd never leave because the church's doctrine relegates women to a sort of second class membership. Not only can't they ever rise to leadership within that organization, but they have the audacity to look down their noses at any woman who, for whatever reason can't give birth.

I surely hope that you don't think that just because a bunch of protesters decided to drop 20 books for your bible to make their own version, that you are some how superior. While they had to get rid of those books to fit into their own brand of religion, Constantine pruned over 400 of the original books to come up with his own version.

That's your catholic church in a nutshell. A church formed by a Roman who himself was considered a god-being, who decided to cherry pick less than 20% of the original writings of the faith to fit his own version of the so-called revealed word of god. An organization that has morphed into a centuries old boys club where a select few live an extremely comfortable life by using the resources from the hard work of others. Their only consistant duty being to offer to cleanse the sins of the ordinary, which almost every other church leaves up to their lord and savoir. And while these gentlemen may profess abstinance for the dreaded pleasures of the flesh..... Well let's just say that the untold thousands of victims puts that part of the fallicy to rest!
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>I find religion boring and preachers boring and the sideshow boring because that is what it is a sideshow. I mean the news coverage and the hyped up anticipation the smoke the crowd the introduction God should be embarrassed that these things take place in his name. I am interested in why it matters so much to some and why it doesn't to me and others.
I don't think anyone except yourself really cares why it doesn't matter to you, and if you can't accept that tradition is important to others, including selecting a leader that represents the catholic religion of over a billion people, then you should consider your own lack of tolerance and leave other peoples' religious choices to them.
Maybe God is embarrassed. Who really knows? But it's a safe bet the people who feel this tradition of selecting a Catholic leader is important do so out of respect for God and not as an insult. It's people like you who mock the ceremony instead of respect it that should be somewhat embarrassed for your lack of tolerance, although I've come to the conclusion that you are incapable of grasping that concept and will keep poking sticks at people of faith because you think it's funny.
Aunt Bea

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

1960brookwood wrote:
Christian are not perfect - just forgiven. If they were perfect there would be no need for a Savior.
Shoelace

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>And that path is??
Thanks for asking. The path to God is by Jesus Christ his son, our Savior. Believe and you shall be saved. Deny - and get out the marshmellows and graham crackers!
Shoelace

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't understand why you haven't seen the real light and given up on that organization.
The people who "run" this church don't perform any real work and rely solely on the tax called tithing to enrich themselves. An almost perfect example of what a taker is.
An organization that not only shelters pedophiles, but stands in the way of these perverted priests having to face up to their crimes. That doesn't sound much like the kind of people that your typical O'Rielly follower to me.
I know you'd never leave because the church's doctrine relegates women to a sort of second class membership. Not only can't they ever rise to leadership within that organization, but they have the audacity to look down their noses at any woman who, for whatever reason can't give birth.
I surely hope that you don't think that just because a bunch of protesters decided to drop 20 books for your bible to make their own version, that you are some how superior. While they had to get rid of those books to fit into their own brand of religion, Constantine pruned over 400 of the original books to come up with his own version.
That's your catholic church in a nutshell. A church formed by a Roman who himself was considered a god-being, who decided to cherry pick less than 20% of the original writings of the faith to fit his own version of the so-called revealed word of god. An organization that has morphed into a centuries old boys club where a select few live an extremely comfortable life by using the resources from the hard work of others. Their only consistant duty being to offer to cleanse the sins of the ordinary, which almost every other church leaves up to their lord and savoir. And while these gentlemen may profess abstinance for the dreaded pleasures of the flesh..... Well let's just say that the untold thousands of victims puts that part of the fallicy to rest!
As Jesus said while hanging on the cross, " Father forgive them for they know not what they do!" You're forgiven too Bob.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Shoelace wrote:
<quoted text>
As Jesus said while hanging on the cross, " Father forgive them for they know not what they do!" You're forgiven too Bob.
Well, sort of...depends on which version you wish to believe...
Luke 23:46 “And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said,‘Father, into thy hands I commit my Spirit.’ And having said this, he breathed his last.”

Then there's this one...
Matthew 27:46 "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, E’li, E’li, la’ma sa-bach’tha-ni? That is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

And last but not least...
John 19:30 "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

Confusing huh??
free thinker

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
I An organization that not only shelters pedophiles, but stands in the way of these perverted priests having to face up to their crimes.
Sounds a lot like our current safe schools czar except he was sheltering his peers and teaching teens perverted sex practices and encouraging them to engage in them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of87
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••