10 Wonders of Obamacare
Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum
#1 Sep 29, 2013
1.“You might want to avoid signing up on Day One.”
2.“Yes, some workers are being required to use exchanges — but not these exchanges.”
3.“Expect to be confused.”
4.“Don’t bother asking our staff for recommendations.”
5.“Blue states do it better.”
6.“Abuse our honor system at your peril.”
7.“You’ll still pay for this, even if you don’t use it.”
8.“We’re a magnet for hackers and con artists.”
9.“You might not be able to keep your doctor.”
10.“Competition is for the greater good — except when there aren’t any competitors.”
READ THIS ARTICLE.(I know the half-dozen liberal Useful Idiots on this site won't, yet they'll surely remind us that "We Won! You Lost!" - as if that's going to make them immune from this upcoming government-run health circus)
#2 Sep 29, 2013
Does it have pictures? Otherwise they won't understand it.:)
#3 Sep 29, 2013
What was that coloring book the Obama administration had to come up with the illustrate to his voting low-education lemming how Obamacare was going to take care of "Judy" (or whatever the crap her names was) from cradle to grave??
No wonder the left got so uptight when we threatened to defund Sesame Street.
#4 Sep 30, 2013
Three real FACTS about Obamacare........
1. You couldn't defund it!
2. You can't delay it!
3. You're going to have to live with it!
The only remaining questions are whether Ted will be putting up another Fauxlibuster, and what Dr. Seuss story is next!
#5 Sep 30, 2013
You poor ignorant useful idiot...... You don't even see what is coming at you.......
#6 Sep 30, 2013
Now I wonder what would be coming......
According to the local patriots, Obamacare will result in all of the doctors quitting their practices, and hospitals going bankrupt. Companies will also fire all of their employees.
So what is the unemployment rate in Massachusetts these days?
Where did all those Boston bombing victims go for medical treatment seeing as how there aren't any doctors or hospitals there?
Or are we going back to the same tired old talking point that the exact same policy that a Republican put into effect isn't going to be the same because a Democrat did it?
I'm hoping Ted's next Fauxlibuster features that other book......
The Cat in the Three Cornered Hat!
#7 Sep 30, 2013
No one here is arguing about that, TacoBob, so you can take your fat finger out of everyone's face and either address the points we are discussing or stick your stupid head back in the dirt.
The fact is we ARE dealing with this horrendous law that an overwhelming amount of Americans don't like. We're doing so by pointing out the existing and potential problems with it. The fact we're not just giving up and accepting it is what you progressive lapdog morons can't stand. And to that I say, deal with it.
You wanted this law. It's here. If you think 10 problems with this "train wreck" is the extent of what you'll be hearing over the coming years, and not just from me, about Obamacare, you'd better just keep your beaner stuck in the dirt pile.
Now go away unless you have something remotely factual or topic-worthy. I'm already tired of your trolling.
#8 Sep 30, 2013
They do. They're just so stuck on hate they'll willingly pay more for less out of spite at this point. They're too far up Obama's behind to pull back now, and TacoBob's the poster child for Obama-Butt Syndrome.
#9 Sep 30, 2013
Your 10 problems are just more of your delusion, paranoia and misinformation Onasty.
You don't have health insurance do you? And since that's a given, the bigger question is why not? You don't have a job do you?
#10 Sep 30, 2013
One only needs to read the linked article to get a the real truth for the fear mongering headlines!
1. Exchange officials have acknowledged that the beginning may feel more like the previews of a Broadway play, but say there’s no rush because people will still have three months to get coverage before the Jan. 1 deadline to have insurance.
2. The private exchanges are not “a result of Obamacare—that’s false,” says Williams, who runs Extend Health, an exchange that has been selling Medigap plans for seven years.
3. If consumers need help shopping, special government “navigators,” as well as customer service agents, will be available by phone and in community health centers.
4. Tolbert says. navigators are required to show consumers all their options for health insurance, but brokers don’t have to, the health department spokesperson says.
5. In a recent speech, Georgia Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said that to “solve” the “problem” of Obamacare, officials in his state are doing everything in their power “to be an obstructionist.” In a recent survey by the Pew Research Center, 23% of Americans said elected officials “should do what they can to make the law fail.” By contrast, Democratic states running their own exchanges have invested more in marketing and supporting them, Tolbert says
6.“It’s more likely someone is going to get caught cheating on this than on their small business taxes,” Jost says.
7. That tax is known as the Transitional Reinsurance Program, and will charge health insurers and self-insured employers (that is, companies that provide their own insurance)$63 per person covered on their plans, with payments eventually tapering off as the exchange plans collect enough premiums to be self-sufficient.
8. Administration officials, however, say that the federal exchange website has advanced security systems to prevent breaches and punish unacceptable behavior. Officials are also telling consumers to know the rules, so criminals can’t manipulate them
9. Many uninsured people, of course, will be able to see a doctor for the first time as they gain health coverage.
10. Analysts, however, say that there is likely to be more competition in future years: Insurers will wait and see how 2014 plays out and re-evaluate their strategies.
#11 Sep 30, 2013
Like many of these so called patriots, the most likely problem is that they've been gaming the system with the intention of using bankruptcy to "pay" for their medical problems. Racking up huge medical bills and then skating out on them, so that others have to pay increased costs, is little more than another form of shoplifting.
These are most likely the same people who drive without auto insurance, or who ask the rest of us for handouts when their uninsured homes burn to the ground.
They expect the same welfare that their heroes in business get from the government every day. I'm sure Ted Cruz could tell us what part of their warped constitution allows for that!
#12 Sep 30, 2013
Repeal Obamacare 42 times costing tax payers 56.55 million dollars
44 abortion bills
99 religion bills
36 marriage bills
ZERO JOBS BILLS!
#13 Sep 30, 2013
Not only does Onasty not have health insurance because he's not employed, or if he is employed, his employer doesn't offer it, but he's never been in military service either. Yet he figures he can expound on it like he's some kind of know-it-all sleuthhound.
Talk about someone being a tool -- Onasty is one golden tool of the right extremists who are ruining this once great country. and like several other's on this forum too dumb to know any different.
#14 Sep 30, 2013
You busted we so -called "patriots", TacoBob. We're all unemployed takers. That's why we vote republican, because they promise us something for doing nothing. They vow to take from you liberal rich "fat cats" and unions and spread your wealth down to we ... patriots . That's why we squat in public parks and demand entitlements for remaining willingly unemployed for 3 years.
oh wait ...
#15 Sep 30, 2013
Onasty should like #9 the best. With ACA he will no longer have to take chances on health issues or go to the emergency room when he's scared his health is at risk.
What a hypocrite you are O no balls!
You know what Onasty? I don't give a crap what you think about ACA -- don't look into it, don't get signed up, get sick and die! Just pay your funeral expenses up so no one else has to deal with what to do with your carcass.
#16 Sep 30, 2013
You might want to check with Harry "It's All Dead On Arrival" Reid on those jobs bills once you pull your silly head out of the dirt, Crazy. You do know who harry Reid is, right? Hint: He's not a character on Honey Boo Boo or Sesame Street.
I'll place your whine-fest in the "she doesn't pay taxes" circular file, but thanks for the reminder of the blind ignorance currently fueling the progresso campaign train!
#17 Sep 30, 2013
Just say NO to Harry Reid and Obama and to socialistcare. Peaceful noncompliance as a start and we hope it doesn't have to go farther than that.
#18 Sep 30, 2013
We've got an 11th wonder for the Affordable Care Act.
The State of Kentucky did a study that came with real concrete good news:
"The expansion – made in accordance with the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA)– will help hundreds of thousands of Kentucky families, dramatically improve the state’s health, create nearly 17,000 new jobs and have a $15.6 billion positive economic impact on the state between its beginning in Fiscal Year 2014 and full implementation in Fiscal Year 2021."
17,000 NEW JOBS!
#19 Sep 30, 2013
"If RACISM is not the whole of the Tea Party, it is in it's heart along with blind HATRED, a total DISINTEREST in the welfare of others."
#20 Sep 30, 2013
Laugh at this bitch. This is the truth. You, Mr O no balls have remained WILLINGLY unemployed most of your life. I have NO doubt about it. You're one of the biggest dip-$hits on Topix - a chronic complainer and hater. So yes you are a taker. Why can't you get your lazy, good for nothing fat ass off whatever you're sitting on, and do something besides spend hours of the day on your computer and your mouthpiece keyboard? You hate the ACA because #1 you refuse to try and understand what it is and why it came about, and #2 because a black man and his family lives in the White House.
Add your comments below
|College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13)||6 hr||Go Blue Forever||1,761|
|Mystery shopping in Grand Rapids?||22 hr||Mrs C||2|
|8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?||Wed||MiYankee||2|
|Young mother blogging breast cancer journey||Wed||BarbaraTako||1|
|Shark Steam Mop (Jan '08)||Tue||Diana||189|
|Local News Women (Apr '09)||Mar 23||john||2,354|
|why dem's will win in 2016||Mar 23||RushFan666||2|
Find what you want!
Search Grand Rapids Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC