2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did y...

2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote?

Created by Topix on Aug 3, 2010

1,462 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Waiting for 2012

Holland, MI

#47 Aug 4, 2010
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>So who should we have voted for? Hoekstra is a RINO and Cox is a snake in the grass. The last thing we need is a union cohort in crime in the governor's mansion again. Perhaps it is time to try a business person?
If Hoekstra is a RINO Snyder is a DEMOCRAT!

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Since: Nov 07

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

#48 Aug 4, 2010
Waiting for 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Hoekstra is a RINO Snyder is a DEMOCRAT!
I don't care what Snyder is, if he brings this state out of the abyss he can be a trained chimp. Why are we all so focused on labels?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#49 Aug 4, 2010
Flintstein wrote:
Snyder? Isn't he the one who drove Gateway computers into the ground? I suspect he'll do the same for Michigan.
Actually Gateway did VERY well until shortly after Snyder left in 1997.
PJSolarz

Columbia, MO

#50 Aug 4, 2010
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>So who should we have voted for? Hoekstra is a RINO and Cox is a snake in the grass. The last thing we need is a union cohort in crime in the governor's mansion again. Perhaps it is time to try a business person?
I agree Sandy, I have always supported electing a scholar or a business person over electing a lawyer or career politician. Snyder is weak on some issues that I am tough on but I will support him over the wack job from Lansing.
Hoekstra, Cox and Bouchard are career politicians but they are firm in standing up against the federal government encroaching on our liberties and they all would have reduced taxes and eliminated the Michigan Business Tax, Snyder may not and this will kill more jobs here.
Alex G

Allen Park, MI

#51 Aug 4, 2010
Arctic49519 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait til we dems cross over in the 2012 presidential primary and get Sarah Palin nominated so we can sink the GOP.
Fish will speak French, the Gulf oil will turn to chocolate, and Obama will look competent. Those things will come true before that backwoods dope becomes a presidential candidate by vote in this country.
Alex G

Allen Park, MI

#52 Aug 4, 2010
Do you really think those on the receiving end of Snyder's snipes will work with him after being called ineffectual?

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Since: Nov 07

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

#53 Aug 4, 2010
Alex G wrote:
Do you really think those on the receiving end of Snyder's snipes will work with him after being called ineffectual?
They are ineffectual. And if they don't work with him, then good. Not having their support will work better in the long run than having it. In any event most of last night's losers were party hacks anyway...no real loss in my opinion.

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#54 Aug 4, 2010
Thewayiseeit wrote:
Votes cast for Republicans = 1,044,915
Votes cast for Democrats = 542,815
Landslide in November for the Republicans?
Yep!
Snyder = 380,482
Bernero= 319,166
Hmmmm
I think it will be even more one sided. The independents polled lean way more towards Snyder. The countries angriest mayor is going to get his butt kicked by a nerd. LOL!

“lover”

Dorr MI

#56 Aug 4, 2010
PJSolarz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Sandy, I have always supported electing a scholar or a business person over electing a lawyer or career politician. Snyder is weak on some issues that I am tough on but I will support him over the wack job from Lansing.
Hoekstra, Cox and Bouchard are career politicians but they are firm in standing up against the federal government encroaching on our liberties and they all would have reduced taxes and eliminated the Michigan Business Tax, Snyder may not and this will kill more jobs here.
Snyder announced that he was for a flat 6 cent bussiness tax for the state. If that holds true you just watch the turn around this state makes.

Location hidden

#57 Aug 4, 2010
SilentRunner wrote:
<quoted text>
The best Republican candidate was Bouchard. But, of course, all you lemmings ignored him and voted for the Democraps in Republican clothing.
God, will America ever win? Whoa, let me answer that: not a chance with voters like you people.
Move to Canada.
St Stephen

Milwaukee, WI

#58 Aug 4, 2010
Snyder. The first republican I have voted for in a long time. I like his ideas on city centers and the control of urban sprawl. Grand Rapids is a perfect example of just how important revitalizing a downtown area can be to a region. Investing in infrastructure, mass transit and getting people to live and work in a centralized area builds community and makes it more appealing to young people--who can't seem to leave Michigan fast enough. He also has a solid position on environmental issues and takes them seriously which is not usually high on a republican's list of priorities.

Since: Jul 09

SW Michigan

#59 Aug 4, 2010
SilentRunner wrote:
<quoted text>
The best Republican candidate was Bouchard. But, of course, all you lemmings ignored him and voted for the Democraps in Republican clothing.
God, will America ever win? Whoa, let me answer that: not a chance with voters like you people.
Oh so sorry, the Tea Party - failed.

Please tell Palin to steer clear of Snyder or the Independents will flee to Benero.

Also, I hope Rick Snyder will run (not walk) from Right to Life. They are probably knocking on his door - right now!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#60 Aug 4, 2010
Wow, this is incredible! I am so encouraged by reading this thread that I think there is hope for us all yet!

What I mean is that I really wish that there were more candidates that are able to bring us together like Snyder apparently has with our hard core dems and repubs on topix. I think that is frickin' fantastic!

Perhaps down the road we may see Snyder run for POTUS? Especially if he does well with being a governor.

Location hidden

#61 Aug 4, 2010
Living Large2 wrote:
Looks like One Tough Nerd vs. the Lansing God Father. I'm going with the new guy Snyder. I'm afraid Bernero is just more of Grandmole's failed policies.
You get Snyder you have another big business Corporation lover in there. We don't need anymore of them. The MI courts are full of them at all levels, District, Circuit, Appellate and Supreme. They've been overturning long standing consumer and environmental protection rights for years. Put Snyder in there and its just icing on the cake for them. I don't believe Snyder's any friend of the middle class or what's left of it in Michigan.

Location hidden

#62 Aug 4, 2010
I see the millage proposal was turned down in Oscoda Twp. At least the few that actually voted got that right. Oscoda Twp. government is bloated and ineffective. The next thing that needs to go is either the township supervisor or manager. They don't need both in that community. Apparently they still don't realize the gravy train cash cow that was there before the Air Force closed Wurtsmith in 1993 is not there anymore.
Reisdent

United States

#63 Aug 4, 2010
Does anyone know if the Montmorency millages passed? I can't seem to find any info on the web.

“lover”

Dorr MI

#64 Aug 4, 2010
St Stephen wrote:
Snyder. The first republican I have voted for in a long time. I like his ideas on city centers and the control of urban sprawl. Grand Rapids is a perfect example of just how important revitalizing a downtown area can be to a region. Investing in infrastructure, mass transit and getting people to live and work in a centralized area builds community and makes it more appealing to young people--who can't seem to leave Michigan fast enough. He also has a solid position on environmental issues and takes them seriously which is not usually high on a republican's list of priorities.
St Stephen we agree again on something. I to think Snyder can really help this state out. He grew up in Calhoun county and I believe he really cares about Michigan and the families that live here. We need someone who's not a politician in Lansing. I'm curious to see who his Lieutenant Governor will be. I hope it's not any of the people that ran against him.

Location hidden

#65 Aug 4, 2010
Out on the sidewalk wrote:
No, I didn't vote in the primary. I can't! I bailed the Republican party in Reagans second term and certainly have no encouragement to rejoin.
As an Independent I can't vote in the primary election because it is solely for the Democratic and Republican party to see who they will back in the real election in November.
Ha! Free elections? My tax money is used to pay for this and yet I cannot vote unless I vote as one or the other. That's not free, that is too much of a cost for me to pay!
Believe me, my vote will be cast in November as an Independent.
Mr. Swift, your venue has my vote. Hemp just may well be our answer to kick the addiction to petroleum products and deforestation that is killing us and our world we need to live in.
So, Cody,,,,, Humph!
You have my vote because you're correct. I wasn't born a Democrat or a Republican and I certainly don't like either party, their values, their principles, their lies or their B.S. Why does my vote have to go to either of them? Anyone who believes the rhetoric thrown out by either of these so-called political parties or the candidates they sponsor are ill informed, nuts or both.

Location hidden

#66 Aug 4, 2010
You say you like Snyder because he has a big business acumen?

Consider Gateway where he claims to have been CEO.

How many foreign workers do they have? Answer: Most of their workers are in foreign countries, not the U.S.

Have you ever dealt with Gateway customer service? Answer: Most of their so-called customer service agents are foreigners sitting in a phone bank in another country. The ones I've spoken to about issues I've had with their computers can't speak decent English.

Not that Gateway is any worse than the rest. Dell is the same way. The big banks are no different. Corporations in general are all about maximizing their profits, giving huge salaries and bonuses to their executives (Federal bailouts), than they are about protecting U.S. workers.

So, Do You still think Snidely Whiplash, Dudley Do-Right, Rick Snyder to have a hand in state government?

If you do, the consider How many American jobs are now being performed in Foreign countries.

Location hidden

#67 Aug 4, 2010
seymour1511 wrote:
<quoted text>
You get Snyder you have another big business Corporation lover in there. We don't need anymore of them. The MI courts are full of them at all levels, District, Circuit, Appellate and Supreme. They've been overturning long standing consumer and environmental protection rights for years. Put Snyder in there and its just icing on the cake for them. I don't believe Snyder's any friend of the middle class or what's left of it in Michigan.
There's a difference between pandering to big business and being successful in business oneself. One accept PAC money from large corporations and organizations, and the other makes it on their own gas.

I believe that Snyder is that difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 2 hr Blackman in Holland 2,773
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... 4 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 281
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 7 hr Torch Of Wyoming 1,126
So glad Hillary is not President Thu Batch 37 Pain Is ... 9
Amway Fireworks (May '09) Nov 29 Amwaysux 88
News WZZM13 - Holland Police looking for non-custodi... (May '07) Nov 27 TRUTH 22
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Nov 27 TruthTeller 5

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages