Amber Alert For Missing 5yr Old Monro...

Amber Alert For Missing 5yr Old Monroe MI Girl

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
bunnee

Deerfield, IL

#1 May 25, 2009
bunnee

Deerfield, IL

#2 May 25, 2009
Where was the adult supervision

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

#3 May 25, 2009
OMG! Not another one! I hope and pray that she is found and she is okay.

Keep your children and grandchildren close, hug them and tell them you love them often.
bunnee

Deerfield, IL

#4 May 25, 2009
Gail in Wyoming wrote:
OMG! Not another one! I hope and pray that she is found and she is okay.
Keep your children and grandchildren close, hug them and tell them you love them often.
YES, another child lacking adult protection has disappeared; Doesn't it just burnyourass?

“Be Respectful”

Grand Rapids

#5 May 25, 2009
bunnee wrote:
<quoted text>
YES, another child lacking adult protection has disappeared; Doesn't it just burnyourass?
The article didn't really give any details, but it does make me sick to my stomach that there is another child missing. I pray for the best.
bunnee

Deerfield, IL

#6 May 25, 2009
Gail in Wyoming wrote:
<quoted text>
The article didn't really give any details, but it does make me sick to my stomach that there is another child missing. I pray for the best.
The address in the article, 1166 Macomb, is an apartment complex

Last seen at 8:15pm and her bike was found in the parking lot of the apartment complex

Out riding her bike with no adult in sight and snatched is what is sounds like to me, and THAT is how QUICKLY these things happen

I see this same damm scenario at the apartment complex where I live; Kids outside all the time with no adult in sight; I've even commented to some parents, "hey, uh, do you realize how many registered sex offenders live within a mile radius around here?" And it goes in one ear and out the other and I just want to shake the living daylights out of these STUPID parents

“friends are forever”

Since: Dec 08

Sparta

#7 May 25, 2009
Hope they find her safe & sound. Prayers for family, too.

“Be Respectful”

Grand Rapids

#8 May 25, 2009
I'm home from a family get together and getting ready to go off and be in a parade. I thought I'd check for any updates. I couldn't find anything new on the internet or the news.
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 May 25, 2009
Why is WOOD not keeping this a headline???
Mother of Inmate

AOL

#10 May 25, 2009
I was just at the Walmart in Frenchtown and one of the cashiers said they found the little girl
in the quarry and a pedifile was responsible.
Haven't heard any news...hope it's not TRUE!:>(
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 May 25, 2009
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office has detained two people for questioning — a registered sex offender who was a friend of the girl’s mother and the other a transient seen in the area. Both men were being questioned, but neither was a suspect, authorities said.

--Isn't that JUST SO COOL, the MOTHER has a registered sex offender for a friend

George Kennedy, 39, who lives in a hotel at 15390 Dixie Hwy., was taken into custody Sunday night on parole violations and was questioned. He has been registered as a sex offender in Michigan since 2002, according to the Michigan State Police Web site. He was convicted on one count each of attempted criminal sexual conduct and attempted children-accosting for immoral purposes, according to the Michigan State Police.

“Be Respectful”

Grand Rapids

#13 May 25, 2009
bunnee wrote:
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office has detained two people for questioning — a registered sex offender who was a friend of the girl’s mother and the other a transient seen in the area. Both men were being questioned, but neither was a suspect, authorities said.
--Isn't that JUST SO COOL, the MOTHER has a registered sex offender for a friend
George Kennedy, 39, who lives in a hotel at 15390 Dixie Hwy., was taken into custody Sunday night on parole violations and was questioned. He has been registered as a sex offender in Michigan since 2002, according to the Michigan State Police Web site. He was convicted on one count each of attempted criminal sexual conduct and attempted children-accosting for immoral purposes, according to the Michigan State Police.
That's just great. Where did you find that information? All I found was information about the amber alert and a generic statement about the questioning of the mother's boyfriend (nothing about him being a sex offender). Thanks in advance.
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 May 25, 2009
Sometime around 6:30 p.m. Sunday evening, Nevaeh was riding a scooter near her home in the Charlotte Arms Apartments in the 1100 block of Macomb Street.

A friend went to tell Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, that her daughter was riding in the street, Buchanan said.

When she went outside, Nevaeh was missing. The scooter she had been riding was found in the parking lot of the apartment complex.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/Monroe_girl...
MMM

Newport, MI

#16 May 25, 2009
I live in monroe n hope n pray for her safe return ...and think everyone should know there are three or more registered sex offenders staying at motel 6 in monroe and using that as there primary address.Look online keep informed be aware of whats around u and keep your children close...if someone can see yourchild make
sure they can see u too!
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 May 25, 2009
A different reported version:

The girl's mother reports Nevaeh was playing in the parking lot of the apartment with a friend. The friend later went home. When the girl's mother came out to check on her, she was gone.
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 May 26, 2009
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 May 26, 2009
More Info [the girl's grandmother has custody of her]
Search continues for Monroe girl, 5; 50 gather to pray for safe return
By TOM TROY and
MEGHAN GILBERT
BLADE STAFF WRITERS
MONROE — As the hours crept by with no word on missing 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan, family and friends grew more worried last night about the little girl.
She disappeared Sunday evening from the parking lot of her apartment complex while playing outside.
“Every time I close my eyes, I see her face and I just want peace in my heart,” said the girl’s grandmother, Sherry Buchanan, who has custody of Nevaeh.
Overcome with emotion, she said she is praying someone will bring her back.
“She’s my world.”
More than 50 people gathered for a candlelight vigil last night to pray for the girl’s safe return and to support her family through this difficult time.
Earlier in the day, law enforcement officials, family members, and strangers searched the woods, backyards, creeks, and shopping centers of this community with no success.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office detained two people for questioning, one of them a registered sex offender who was a friend of the girl’s mother, and the other a transient seen in the area.
Maj. Dan Motylinski of the sheriff’s office said both men were being questioned, but neither was a suspect.
“We’re still searching, still looking,” Major Motylinski said last night.
Authorities said they would search as long as it takes to find her.
Nevaeh was last seen at 8 p.m. Sunday in the parking lot of the Charlotte Arms apartment complex, 1160 North Macomb St. in Monroe, where she lives with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan, and grandmother.
The sheriff’s office issued an Amber Alert Sunday night that described the girl as wearing a light blue sleeveless shirt with red and white horizontal stripes and a white v-neck collar and blue jean shorts with no shoes or socks.
Nevaeh (pronounced Nuh-VAY-uh) has long brown hair, brown eyes, is about 3 feet, 8 inches tall, and weighs 45 pounds. When the Amber Alert was issued, authorities said they believed she was abducted and in extreme danger.
Ms. Buchanan, 24, said her daughter has never wandered off before.
She said another little girl and her mother had stayed over in her apartment, and the two girls had been outside playing in the parking lot for 30-40 minutes when the other little girl came in to tell Ms. Buchanan that Nevaeh was “riding her scooter in the road,” which Ms. Buchanan said meant the parking lot.
She went out to tell Nevaeh not to do that, and was unable to find her.
She became scared when she found the scooter after more than a half hour of searching and called police to report the child missing.
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 May 26, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing Nancy Grace rip this family a new hole

“Be Respectful”

Grand Rapids

#22 May 26, 2009
I saw this sad story on Mike Galanos tonight. It seems like there's a little dissention between the mom and dad. Apparently, he hasn't seen his daughter in a while. I felt real sorry for the grandmother when she was talking about Nevaeh.

It's very disturbing that this mother would befriend a sex offender when she has a daughter to care for. The article didn't say why the grandmother has custody, but Nevaeh and her mom both lived with her.

I sure hope and pray they find her.
bunnee

Grand Rapids, MI

#23 May 26, 2009
Well, you know the mother's brother warned her about the sex offender, so what in the wide world of hell was the grandmother, WHO HAS CUSTODY thinking in leaving the little girl with the mother unsupervised????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Trump is running for prez 6 hr RushFan666 7
Days of Yore Thu Joe Schlitzpack 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Thu Irememberwhen 1,080
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Thu Sharon Sharealike 12
Local News Women (Apr '09) Thu American Dairyman 2,671
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... Jul 25 DR X 29
Politics aside, I'm sick of Beyonce Jul 22 Idea Maker 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages