It's called 'cherry picking the data' and that have to do that because if they actually broke down the causes of death and injury and looked at them critically, you'd see that guns only account for 9% which leaves 91% of the causes of death and injury coming from other causes. BTW...being struck and falling both beat out being shot at 11% and 20% respectively. http://www.cdc.gov/injury/overview/data.htmlOh I see more people are killed by guns than knives. So who cares about the other ways that people die or the people themselves.
Another little tidbit they don't tell you about that 9% gun death statistic is that gun deaths from suicide are 4 times that of gun deaths from homicide: http://www.inewsnetwork.org/posts/suicide-gun... bringing the liklihood that you are going to be shot and killed by someone else well below the liklihood of being killed by being stabbed.