First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#1 Jan 28, 2014
Wonder if he will say it is strong......

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 28, 2014
Economies doing better and better, nationally....Construction has led in the upsurge in job production.....
Chip

Houston, TX

#3 Jan 28, 2014
“So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand opportunity for more American families, that’s what I’m going to do.”

Let me clarify

“So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand government power and horrible economics, that’s what I (A dictator) am going to do.”
Bob

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Jan 28, 2014
Probably just a bunch more of his lies!
Not worth watching.
Comedy Central might be a better view.
But then, Obamer is always good for a laugh.
He did just get back from Hawaii, I bet he has a good tan.
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

#5 Jan 28, 2014
Obama is Lame Duck Al A Mode. The ONLY thing that he can even be a part of now (aside from the AHCA, which is crap) is some form of immigration reform, although I expect that he'll fumble that too. He is a child playing in the Man Room.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#6 Jan 28, 2014
I have not listened to one of his SOTU speeches for I know its the same old tired crap we hear time and time again. A picture is worth ten thousand words I have seen the face of evil as he points his finger casting a spell on all who listen.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Jan 29, 2014
I find it amazing that Pelosi thinks the only group he insulted was the Republicans. Apparently she doesn't realize that he just insulted the Democrats as well that are not doing their jobs either? Such is the way in DC these days. If it was anywhere else in America, they would all be fired...time to fire these clowns, and I mean ALL of them.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Jan 29, 2014
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
I have not listened to one of his SOTU speeches for I know its the same old tired crap we hear time and time again. A picture is worth ten thousand words I have seen the face of evil as he points his finger casting a spell on all who listen.
Well I have listened to them all.

Obama has never been a true American leader of Reagan, Kennedy or Lincoln's class. He's simply a socio-political talking head empowered by an organized radical group of anti-American hippies, and a celebrity to an angry and immature segment of our society that feels entitled to something for doing nothing. A group of socially immoral and envious anchors - easy fodder for ruling class politicians to swoop in, make a bunch of pretty-sounding promises to radical brain-fried 60's hippies, misguided angry minorities, and air-headed young, ill-educated brainwashed kids - rounding up and cleverly herding them like voting cattle.

Obama's SOTU speech promised nothing but the same political theater and petulance we've seen from the first day any of us heard if him six years ago. He's never been an American leader, and evidently never will to anyone with an once of independence and American spirit in their being.

Immigration reform, raising minimum wage, blah blah blah .... nothing but the same democrat pandering for easy votes.

Obama is a lame duck celebrity at this point, suffering his lowest approval ratings yet, and lashing out like a reality tv star who no longer gets the adoration he so desires.

Such is the legacy of the great "progressive" movement.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#9 Jan 29, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have listened to them all.
Obama has never been a true American leader of Reagan, Kennedy or Lincoln's class. He's simply a socio-political talking head empowered by an organized radical group of anti-American hippies, and a celebrity to an angry and immature segment of our society that feels entitled to something for doing nothing. A group of socially immoral and envious anchors - easy fodder for ruling class politicians to swoop in, make a bunch of pretty-sounding promises to radical brain-fried 60's hippies, misguided angry minorities, and air-headed young, ill-educated brainwashed kids - rounding up and cleverly herding them like voting cattle.
Obama's SOTU speech promised nothing but the same political theater and petulance we've seen from the first day any of us heard if him six years ago. He's never been an American leader, and evidently never will to anyone with an once of independence and American spirit in their being.
Immigration reform, raising minimum wage, blah blah blah .... nothing but the same democrat pandering for easy votes.
Obama is a lame duck celebrity at this point, suffering his lowest approval ratings yet, and lashing out like a reality tv star who no longer gets the adoration he so desires.
Such is the legacy of the great "progressive" movement.
You see I know all this so I don't have to listen to him. Some people want a king so they don't have to think for themselves or find their answers to life's little struggles, so he will oblige and be praised and blessed and that is all he seeks so he can smugly smile down at them. Its all a show for ego boosting they all are but BHO takes the cake. Hope you all who believe this crap have fun for I wont be participating. Just remember BHO is not a liar like Clinton he is telling you exactly what he is going to do and some of you will gladly let him..
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#10 Jan 29, 2014
No great surprises here.... Either in the SOTU or in the replies here.

From a president who knows that there is nothing he can say to move the republicans away from years of obstruction, there was nothing he could say short of announcing his resignation that would have gotten the conservatives out of the collective stupor.

Then we have the parade of typical idiots around here who feel the need to put their own partisan spin on what he said..... Mainly due to the fact that he is supposedly partisan. I'm amazed that Dingbat didn't mention the fact that the president didn't apologize for not bringing to justice the terrorists involved with Benghazi!

Then there are the fools that felt qualified to comment on something they didn't even watch..... Like that was is any great revelation.

I was glad to see that the patriot crowd has chosen to ignore all of the people who ran over each other to capture a selfie with the bearded wonder boy last night..... That's completely different from all the bloviating that was going on when Obama was included in one!
OhOhObama

Jenison, MI

#11 Jan 29, 2014
Right, the ONLY obstruction against USA is him.

When you are down, you do all you can do.
BUT, no pipeline, open border, 2Billion to Brazil to look for oil, Libya hardly a threat, Iraq getting worse (Bush lied troops died ( Obama) they died for no reason a complete loss), ah hell the list is toooooo long.

The guy is a moron, book learned, could not even run a garage sale.FACT

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 30, 2014
CONSUMER CONFIDENCE HIGHEST SINCE AUGUST.....Associated Press(1-29-14).......Many analysts forecast the economy will grow at about 3 percent in 2014.....U.S. consumer confidence has risen to the highest point since August, on the strength of a brighter view of the job market and business conditions.....The Conference Board, a business research group, said Tuesday it's consumer confidence index rose to 80.7 this month from a December reading of 77.5. It was the second consecutive gain......"Confidence appears to be back on track and rising expectations suggest the economy may pick up some momentum, in the months ahead" said Conference Board economist Lynn Franco....Consumer confidence is important and is closely watched because consumer spending accounts for 70 percent of U.S. economic activity......
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#13 Jan 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
CONSUMER CONFIDENCE HIGHEST SINCE AUGUST.....Associated Press(1-29-14).......Many analysts forecast the economy will grow at about 3 percent in 2014.....U.S. consumer confidence has risen to the highest point since August, on the strength of a brighter view of the job market and business conditions.....The Conference Board, a business research group, said Tuesday it's consumer confidence index rose to 80.7 this month from a December reading of 77.5. It was the second consecutive gain......"Confidence appears to be back on track and rising expectations suggest the economy may pick up some momentum, in the months ahead" said Conference Board economist Lynn Franco....Consumer confidence is important and is closely watched because consumer spending accounts for 70 percent of U.S. economic activity......
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/01/26/turnarou...

A $1 Billion Surplus in a state that before a republican took over was projected to be suffering with a $3 billion DEFICIT if it stayed on the same path the democrats' had it spiraling down.

Now this is what we should be reading about recovery-wise for a nation! Instead we're left with double-rainbow fanatics championing the measly "projections" of a modest 3% improvement in our national economy and pretending to be thankful for Obama's great contributions.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Jan 30, 2014
OhOhObama wrote:
Right, the ONLY obstruction against USA is him.
When you are down, you do all you can do.
BUT, no pipeline, open border, 2Billion to Brazil to look for oil, Libya hardly a threat, Iraq getting worse (Bush lied troops died ( Obama) they died for no reason a complete loss), ah hell the list is toooooo long.
The guy is a moron, book learned, could not even run a garage sale.FACT
Obama's just a stage prop for the progressive party of anti-American hippies. He reads from a teleprompter filled with speeches some little anti-American radical wrote. They dangled a presidential carrot in front of him in return for his oratory services and skin color.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 Jan 30, 2014
They will never get it. They still have to play the poor me attitude. In Michigan they give all credit to Snyder after his forced RTW , taxing pensions, giving tax breaks to corporations. They give no credit to the auto industry that has rebounded.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
CONSUMER CONFIDENCE HIGHEST SINCE AUGUST.....Associated Press(1-29-14).......Many analysts forecast the economy will grow at about 3 percent in 2014.....U.S. consumer confidence has risen to the highest point since August, on the strength of a brighter view of the job market and business conditions.....The Conference Board, a business research group, said Tuesday it's consumer confidence index rose to 80.7 this month from a December reading of 77.5. It was the second consecutive gain......"Confidence appears to be back on track and rising expectations suggest the economy may pick up some momentum, in the months ahead" said Conference Board economist Lynn Franco....Consumer confidence is important and is closely watched because consumer spending accounts for 70 percent of U.S. economic activity......
Bob

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Jan 30, 2014
Sassy wrote:
They will never get it. They still have to play the poor me attitude. In Michigan they give all credit to Snyder after his forced RTW , taxing pensions, giving tax breaks to corporations. They give no credit to the auto industry that has rebounded.
<quoted text>
Good one!
We need more people like you who don't work for living to stand up for the rest of us lazy pos's!
Blame it on Snyder!
But then,.... Snyder is the main reason us lazy azz liberals get to sit around posting mundane BS on topix all day, and get paid for it!
Don't look for a job,......... you might get one!
Obama!!!!!!
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 Jan 31, 2014
Apparently whenever someone disagrees with Blue, they are playing the "poor me" attitude. When they disagree with Obama they are "racist". And this from the "we are the most tolerant group", the progressives! Of course, we all knew this beforehand, it's just nice to see them living down to the expectations that other progressives put on them.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#18 Jan 31, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's just a stage prop for the progressive party of anti-American hippies. He reads from a teleprompter filled with speeches some little anti-American radical wrote. They dangled a presidential carrot in front of him in return for his oratory services and skin color.
I can imagine the horror you face every day that no amount of your whining can change the fact that the majority of voters in this country re-elected this president...... It can't possibly be the fault of the conservative movement for putting a collection of candidates that so few people trusted for the office.

Let's all hope you can survive the next three years until you patriots can bring us another one of those fantastic choices you've been giving us lately!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#19 Jan 31, 2014
Sassy wrote:
They will never get it. They still have to play the poor me attitude. In Michigan they give all credit to Snyder after his forced RTW , taxing pensions, giving tax breaks to corporations. They give no credit to the auto industry that has rebounded.
<quoted text>
It's okay, as i have grown used to the denial...several of the smallest-minded and petty one's, have to eventually decide what is more important, what's best for America....or their Partisan Politics.....
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Jan 31, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> It's okay, as i have grown used to the denial...several of the smallest-minded and petty one's, have to eventually decide what is more important, what's best for America....or their Partisan Politics.....
Go ahead an play your games, Blue and sassy, and keep pretending you're "side" is the only one with intelligence while everyone who doesn't agree with you is somehow conveniently insane. Partisans politics at it's best - to say nothing of gross hypocrisy.

Meanwhile we'll watch our country labor along with dismally slow progress while Wisconsin is enjoying a billion dollar surplus. Refute those facts, instead of throwing out stale insults, or be guilty of the denial you accuse others.

As for what's best for America ... a projected 3% national growth compared to a billion dollar surplus in a state that a mere 5 years ago was on a pathway to a $3 billion deficit. Investing that money back into the taxpayers and businesses that drive the economy and supply higher paying jobs and advancements as opposed to raising minimum wages and tossing more money into nothing more than the same failed liberal social experiments that have accomplished exactly nothing toward combating poverty and financial equality - or any other of the cute fluffy names liberal coin for their flawed wastes of money.

When you can post the kind of success from the democrats' Keynesian vote-bribing spend happy tactics that a conservative using fiscally conservative practices has accomplished in Wisconsin, despite battling the progressives the entire time, then you can preach about who has America's best interest in mind.

Neither you nor sassy will of course. You'll just clomp along denying facts and posting snotty insults at people who don't agree with all of your beliefs, pretending somehow that doesn't constitute partisan politics and small-mindedness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways 49 min Who 14
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 4 hr MandM 34
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 8 hr Go Blue Forever 1,471
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... 9 hr Just a guy 18
Commission wants Servaas off bench (Feb '08) Tue Servaas is a clown 232
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue Elf 2,338
Former Vice President Dick Cheney Says CIA Tort... Mon Gville Jim 6
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:29 pm PST

NBC Sports 6:29PM
Reports: Bears benching Cutler - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:26 PM
Trestman May Never Get 2nd Shot After Bears Meltdown
Bleacher Report 7:27 PM
What Are Experts Saying About Detroit?
Bleacher Report 7:27 PM
What Are Experts Saying About Detroit?
NBC Sports 9:10 PM
Lions claim Josh Thomas off waivers from the Jets